Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

When @Col!n gave us the info on a few stage subs (Bonobo, Arlo, Burna Boy) he said he’d assumed they were all Friday but had nothing solid on that. If it is the case and 42’s info is true/real:

Billie / Wolf Alice / ??? / O-Rod
Macca / Noel / Haim / Megan
Kendrick / Doja / Elbow / Diana

Foals / Burna
Lorde / Paolo
PSB / Y&Y

Maybe even Rob Plant 3rd down Pyramid again (though I imagine his sets with Alison Krauss won’t be as upper-Pyramid friendly).

Or, yeah, Paolo Nutini headlining Saturday Other and Lorde back on Pyramid. But that just seems dumb/shite.

3 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

When @Col!n gave us the info on a few stage subs (Bonobo, Arlo, Burna Boy) he said he’d assumed they were all Friday but had nothing solid on that. If it is the case and 42’s info is true/real:

Billie / Wolf Alice / ??? / O-Rod
Macca / Noel / Haim / Megan
Kendrick / Doja / Elbow / Diana

Foals / Burna
Lorde / Paolo
PSB / Y&Y

Maybe even Rob Plant 3rd down Pyramid again (though I imagine his sets with Alison Krauss won’t be as upper-Pyramid friendly).

Or, yeah, Paolo Nutini headlining Saturday Other and Lorde back on Pyramid. But that just seems dumb/shite.

Kendrick / Doja / Elbow / Diana  Is a crazy good run. Can go for a piss during elbow / see Sam fender

but would the Doja Kendrick ending be too local unfriendly?

6 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Macca / Noel
-
Lorde / Paolo

I can't see this for Saturday, i'd think at least one of the other top two against Macca/Noel would be bigger draws than this. Noel and Macca are going to have 2 of the biggest crowds of the weekend with this setup.

1 minute ago, gfa said:

I can't see this for Saturday, i'd think at least one of the other top two against Macca/Noel would be bigger draws than this. Noel and Macca are going to have 2 of the biggest crowds of the weekend with this setup.

Why would those two ever not have two of the biggest crowds of the weekend, and why wouldn’t Glasto want them to?

Macca will presumably have a longer set, so I’m expecting the Other sub to be on between Noel and Macca and the headliner starting a bit later on, with 3rd down Other clashing with Noel. I think Paolo Nutini would still draw a pretty big crowd in that slot, Lorde not so much.

21 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Perhaps as well some people think there’s no guitar headliner on the Sunday … so Fontaines headlining park would give one. (Noting we didn’t have a guitar headliner really on Sunday 2017 either).

I gotta feeling The War on Drugs are gonna headline the park on Sunday. That'll be the guitar band. They're playing Bristol the day after and have probably been held back from the poster because they still have UK tour dates available. As a big fan, I'm blindly hoping this is the case anyway.

5 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

I gotta feeling The War on Drugs are gonna headline the park on Sunday. That'll be the guitar band. They're playing Bristol the day after and have probably been held back from the poster because they still have UK tour dates available. As a big fan, I'm blindly hoping this is the case anyway.

They’re way too big for that now. If they get added now they’d probably be a missing Pyramid sub, or at worst 3rd down Pyramid/Other sub.

29 minutes ago, Green Croc said:

How concrete is the info on Sam Fender playing that Other slot?

If we didn't have that info he would be a prime candidate for the Sunday sub slot surely? Big name, local friendly and also I'd imagine a decent crossover of fans for both him and Kendrick

I’m wondering if Elbow are the Sunday sub and Fenders been bumped up from third other to third Pyramid

3 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

I’m wondering if Elbow are the Sunday sub and Fenders been bumped up from third other to third Pyramid

Elbow we’re due to be 3rd in 2020 so I’d be amazed if they’re the sub.  3rd Sunday after makes sense.  In all honesty I’d still be surprised if it’s not:

Kendrick, Lorde, Elbow, Diana Ross

15 minutes ago, sisco said:

Elbow we’re due to be 3rd in 2020 so I’d be amazed if they’re the sub.  3rd Sunday after makes sense.  In all honesty I’d still be surprised if it’s not:

Kendrick, Lorde, Elbow, Diana Ross

True. That does make a lot more sense.

I’m just mentally juggling and struggling to make it work without knowing the Saturday Other sub 

3 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

True. That does make a lot more sense.

I’m just mentally juggling and struggling to make it work without knowing the Saturday Other sub 

I thought we were told Burna Boy was the other Saturday sub

35 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Why is Paolo Nutini still seen as a big draw? Hasn't released any new material for years has he and even then was it THAT good?

3 multi platinum albums then disappeared for the last 7, I think the best thing he could have done for his career is go on hiatus for this long, now he's going to be sought after. I've missed him! 

4 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

So is Doja Cat definitely Pyramid sub?

Be shocked if she isn’t, she’s subbing the mainstage at every festival she’s playing at this year.

Also she’s way way way bigger than Wolf Alice.

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah. Definitely playing the Pyramid but she could be third or a sub.

Thanks. Just catching up.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Be shocked if she isn’t, she’s subbing the mainstage at every festival she’s playing at this year.

Agreed. If she’s Pyramid she’s subbing. It all just made sense in my head when she was headlining the Other. I don’t check for a couple of days and it’s all up for grabs again 😀

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Mikey Cyrus is way way way bigger than Vampire Weekend.

Katy Perry is way way way bigger than The National.

Aerosmith are way way way bigger than most of the acts that were due to be playing above them this year.