2023 Festival

TheWaters

57 minutes ago, VCK said:

Surprised it took R&L as long as 15 years to get The Killers back, they always seem to be in this country pretty regularly and they're like the ultimate festival singalong big anthem headliner.

Whatever promoters do Hyde Park seemed to keep hogging them given their 2009, 2011 and 2017 visits, plus a 2013 run at Wembley.

Saying that I thought they might do it in 2018. Instead they did Latitude which was a bit of a surprise.

9 hours ago, FrogLobster said:

1975 crowd size; same angle. It looks only a bit bigger? Difficult to tell from the light. 😞 

MTS had a bigger crowd last year. Whether that’s because 

A. Less were camping at Dave than Fender

B. She’s simply more of a draw than the 1975

C. There are 20% less people there this year…

It’s a bigger crowd than Halsey and BMTH had though I’d estimate

Edited by Benj

2 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Mates bumped into Melvin Benn at Leeds yesterday, they didn’t ask about how this year’s gone but requested Foos in future. “Not next year” was his reply

Tbf they've already got their 2024 UK stadium tour out there and feel like they are at the very least a possibility for Glastonbury. So can guess they're not gonna do trips for both, at least, not this time.

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

Tbf they've already got their 2024 UK stadium tour out there and feel like they are at the very least a possibility for Glastonbury. So can guess they're not gonna do trips for both, at least, not this time.

Yeah next year was always out of the question with the stadium tour, I’d bank on 2025 personally

2 hours ago, FrogLobster said:

Seeing some chat on Instagram that Central Cee was 15 mins late, played half-arsed for 20 mins then left 10 mins early! And this is a mainstage sub?!

That’s how his shows work, does it every show 🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, crumbler said:

She didn't

Just some comment about how f**ked the country is right now before telling everyone to stick their middle fingers up.

Looked like a good performance though, for someone playing mid main stage. Nowadays a lot of acts below sub perform like glorified support acts.

Went yesterday on a day ticket to see the 1975 and the killers, I have worked the festival for the past 10 years but this year I am having a break form festivals and have been travelling. I booked a day ticket well in advance and then booked my train too. My train got cancelled due to strikes so had to drive down. I paid £61 to park in Green parking. Feel robbed really and think its disgusting for FR to charge that much knowing the trains were limited. Will go to leeds for day tickets from now on with their free parking.

11 hours ago, FrogLobster said:

Seeing some chat on Instagram that Central Cee was 15 mins late, played half-arsed for 20 mins then left 10 mins early! And this is a mainstage sub?!

Weird weird set that at Leeds, DJ played about 10 minutes of the set before Central Cee and an entourage of about 20 blokes came on. Am I old?

5 hours ago, Will b said:

image.jpeg.f2d326bbeca2fd16b4688535ad9eed3f.jpeg

maybe I’m reading into things I shouldn’t here but PLEASE let that caption mean that the MSE MSW format has seen it’s last acts 

i hope more than anything that you’re right but i’d imagine that just means last headliner of the weekend. having said that, the capitalisation of last is interesting 

On 8/26/2023 at 5:34 PM, Andre91 said:

They’re shite and their big song comes from TikTok even though it came out about 5 years ago. 

That just reminds me of every new rapper/hip hop artist in this day.

On 8/26/2023 at 8:24 PM, VCK said:

Are the BBC actually going to upload their set?

Hopefully not

On 8/26/2023 at 8:59 PM, Andre91 said:

I don’t want to be that guy but I heard them in late 2012 and was all in and then watched them play the FR tent in 2013 about ten people deep outside the tent and now I’ve just seen them go from strength to strength to strength. To see this material now, half of which I didn’t expect to hear again, is absolutely amazing. 

GOD BLESS THE 1975

I am really shocked you like The 1975, fair enough like, but they seem as far away from your tastes as possible.

On 8/27/2023 at 12:18 AM, charlierc said:

Whatever promoters do Hyde Park seemed to keep hogging them given their 2009, 2011 and 2017 visits, plus a 2013 run at Wembley.

Saying that I thought they might do it in 2018. Instead they did Latitude which was a bit of a surprise.

That was The Killer's dip time. Now you won't find anyone suggest they shouldn't do a big gig but they were certainly not at their height then.

22 hours ago, p0sterb0y said:

Is it me or have we called phenomenal based on some smashing of weapons and lights with no actual music yet?

21 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Mates bumped into Melvin Benn at Leeds yesterday, they didn’t ask about how this year’s gone but requested Foos in future. “Not next year” was his reply

Like they did in 2012, new album, played own outdoor dates and headlined Reading on it's second year as an exclusive which I reckon they'll do similar. They won't be able to do MSE in 2025 and have them as they'll do 2hrs minimum. 

46 minutes ago, gregory said:

Was the "world's largest silent disco" as much of a sh*t show as I imagined? I note they didn't put anything on instagram showing it...

It only finished like 6 hours ago haha give it a few more hours

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

That was The Killer's dip time. Now you won't find anyone suggest they shouldn't do a big gig but they were certainly not at their height then.

I mean they sold out Wembley in 2013 and were the only one to sell out BST Hyde Park 2017, in a concert series that also featured Green Day, Kings of Leon and Justin Bieber. So they still were a band of some repute then.

But I did note their shows in 2018 were a step lower in the UK than I expected - one-off stadium dates in Bolton and Swansea plus doing Isle of Wight, Latitude and TRNSMT, when I thought they might at least do another London gig.