2023 Festival

TheWaters

1 minute ago, beetchez said:

IF MCR is one of the headliners, how quick would the day tickets go?

I'm guessing not as fast as Arctic Monkeys but considering 3 Milton Keynes shows were sold out in like 20 minutes it'll sell out eventually at least, right?

Hard to say without the other headliner etc, if they did a rock/slam dunk type day they’d maybe go in a few weeks?

MCR tickets did initially sell out but tickets came back on sale from when it was first rescheduled until the day of the gig.

i know this is a bit of a stupid question but will it be just the 6 headliners + 12 sub headliners this year or will there be lots of smaller acts aswell? (only asking this as someone told me about them cutting down on the amount of acts there are)

Edited by enquirer

1 minute ago, enquirer said:

i know this is a bit of a stupid question but will it be just the 6 headliners + 12 sub headliners and R&L or will there be lots of smaller acts aswell? (only asking this as someone told me about them cutting down on the amount of acts there are)

I'd expect 6 headliner, 9 subs, 18/20 other names to be announced

8 minutes ago, enquirer said:

i know this is a bit of a stupid question but will it be just the 6 headliners + 12 sub headliners this year or will there be lots of smaller acts aswell? (only asking this as someone told me about them cutting down on the amount of acts there are)

Do you mean at the festival in all or just this lineup announcement? 

12 minutes ago, enquirer said:

I meant at the festival at all but thanks @stanhfor the answer if you’re saying 18-20 other smaller artists

@stanhwas answering for this announcement. The lineup has reduced its number of acts by changing some of the existing tents to becoming one, but we can expect it to look something like this so still plenty of acts. 61D45939-9575-4795-B1FF-BE532815EEC6.thumb.jpeg.127227a893453e31ca10ca7629fac145.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

If MCR headline I think their day would sell out eventually but as said above, it depends on who is under them. MCR with YUNGBLUD under them will sell really well. Add Don Broco to their day a couple of rock acts lower down and I’m sure it’d sell really well. 

Something like MCR / Yungblud / Don Broco / Nova Twins / Trash Boat / Wargasm would be great.

53 minutes ago, beetchez said:

I'm guessing not as fast as Arctic Monkeys but considering 3 Milton Keynes shows were sold out in like 20 minutes it'll sell out eventually at least, right?

In fairness the fact MCR's gigs were postponed twice thanks to bloody covid does mean it's tricky to know, but I do remember it selling very quick. Admittedly MK was their first gigs of their reunion tour announced, which does help.

I think that they'd be fairly quick, rated quicker with the right subs.

5 minutes ago, charlierc said:

In fairness the fact MCR's gigs were postponed twice thanks to bloody covid does mean it's tricky to know, but I do remember it selling very quick. Admittedly MK was their first gigs of their reunion tour announced, which does help.

I think that they'd be fairly quick, rated quicker with the right subs.

I don’t think they sold out 15K at Cardiff cricket ground, could be wrong but pretty sure it didn’t sell out.

*Capacity listed as just over 15K, would be slightly more with pitch standing.

Edit: Just saw that Ed Sheeran was actually on in the Principality Stadium the same night as My Chemical Romance, but don’t think they’d have much cross over in fans to affect ticket sales?

Edited by Swansea93

4 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Seen them mentioned a few times now, genuinely baffles me they played Stadium MK this year. The US Coldplay.

I was struggling to call where Imagine Dragons might play in the UK as they have the air of being deceptively popular. As someone who lives near Milton Keynes, I wasn't expecting it to very much be on my doorstep, and it seemed to sell enough from people I know who went (though this was just judging on Instagram as I didn't fancy it).

Though I will say I got caught in less traffic for that one than I did for My Chemical Romance. But that might just be the misfortune for being in MCR traffic and rush hour traffic at the same time.

1 hour ago, beetchez said:

I wouldn’t worry 

16 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Some day that would be, although I’m sick to the back teeth of Wargasm being given a token slot. Something to rival the Foos 2019 day would be excellent.

The Foos 2019 was great. Shame they didn’t do something similar for RATM’s day (not that it mattered in the end).

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SleepingGiants said:

Maybe not a lie, but things definitely change in terms of these things very quickly.

13 minutes ago, nathanh said:

I do think he could have been in talks at one point potentially as a backup choice i just dont know if hes announced as a headliner.

both great points. i’m leaning towards no again now

41 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Some day that would be, although I’m sick to the back teeth of Wargasm being given a token slot. Something to rival the Foos 2019 day would be excellent.

My Chemical Romance / YUNGBLUD / Don Broco / Rina Sawsayama / Jimmy Eat World (it’s about time for them to take their usual slot, right?) / Boston Manor / Nova Twins 

That’d be a good day. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

The Foos 2019 was great. Shame they didn’t do something similar for RATM’s day (not that it mattered in the end).

Echoing that, Friday of 2019 was my favourite festival day ever

Sadly, after the shambles that was the Rage day (in terms of conflicting genres), I have little faith if they did get MCR the undercard would reflect the Emo/Pop Punk genre