victorious 2022

retrokev

10 hours ago, Jack01825 said:

It is true he did pull out of szigit , I imagine all will be fine in time for victorious 

If not it makes sense to pull libertines out the afternoon slow and use as headliners as i doubt they will be able to fine a suitable replacement with such short notice..

I imagine he will be fine, he pulled out Mondays appearance, his Victorious slot is 13 days later. 

IF he does pull out I'd go for Kasabian to replace him. 

Although we still don't have word of a beer sponsor. I checked and they have now added Lucozade 'alert' which I'd never heard of, sounds like a lucozade branded version of red bull and the like as it says high caffeine. Original, Tropical and Cherry flavours.

Hopefully they give this out as free samples on site. I miss the Coke stand that give out free glasses of coke, then the following year was free cans of coke. Then nothing... 😞

Can anyone help me with the coach from camping to the festival site please.  We have a double buggy for our kids...are we going to be able to get this on the coach/bus? Do we have to collapse it, does it store under the coach etc?  Anyh help would be appreciated thanks!

15 minutes ago, lillypip said:

Can anyone help me with the coach from camping to the festival site please.  We have a double buggy for our kids...are we going to be able to get this on the coach/bus? Do we have to collapse it, does it store under the coach etc?  Anyh help would be appreciated thanks!

they are normally double decker buses. as for whether you'd need to collapse it im not sure as dont recall seeing any buggies on there last year

7 hours ago, atomised said:

they are normally double decker buses. as for whether you'd need to collapse it im not sure as dont recall seeing any buggies on there last year

Thanks for replying.  That sounds like it might be tricky for us then.  Oh well, we will have to try!!

Popped down yesterday and the site is definitely coming on. Perimeter fence is up, common, castle stages are mostly done, beats and comedy started. Most bars have been built.

interestedly I think the seaside stage area which is still open to the public is open for Victorious, they put signs up for Toilets & Urinals up there.

11 hours ago, atomised said:

looks like sam fender played lowlands so looking good 

Fab news! 

4A20F5B7-2479-492E-A6B8-79DFE6FB92C6.jpeg

20 hours ago, lillypip said:

I honestly don’t know what buses they use as we catch the local bus to Victorious, which all take double buggies as long as there is space. (We live very close to the camp site - 10mins walk from our house)

But if they hired the buses from local companies then you should be fine (Local company buses are Stagecoach or First Bus)

If you really struggle Aqua is the local taxi company but are pretty rubbish, so you may need to book early x

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, retrokev said:

weather looking decent  and not to hot 21-23 fri sat sund.that will do me. over from the island thursday so not a rush friday and relaxed meal and few beers to get us in the mood.last fest  of year.

Keep an eye on the wind, it was breezy yesterday and a bit chilly especially when the sun went behind the clouds x

you doing the hovercraft? 

On 8/21/2022 at 11:37 AM, retrokev said:

weather looking decent  and not to hot 21-23 fri sat sund.that will do me. over from the island thursday so not a rush friday and relaxed meal and few beers to get us in the mood.last fest  of year.

On my weather app was showing 60% chance of rain Friday, but Saturday and Sunday like 5% I think. 

I also saw Victorious posting saying Sunday close to sell out. Have they ever sold out? Fender must be a really good booking for them plus Anne Marie and Becky Hill. 

I worry they're going to go more down current chart latest popular shit for ticket sales like V did and before you know it the fest was dead. 

As long as they keep a mix of indie acts across the bill I'm happy. 

Im surprised Friday with Stereophonics, James, Primal Scream and BBC hasn't come close to selling out either. Much better value that going to see Phonics on their own gig with better support than you would get.

Hi everyone, the offsite campsite states it opens at 9:00 with the first busses running at 10:00 to the festival site with primal scream starting at 1pm.

Has anyone camped before and are the campsite strict with the opening time? I really don’t want to miss primal scream due to queuing etc.

6 minutes ago, rascalpete said:

Hi everyone, the offsite campsite states it opens at 9:00 with the first busses running at 10:00 to the festival site with primal scream starting at 1pm.

Has anyone camped before and are the campsite strict with the opening time? I really don’t want to miss primal scream due to queuing etc.

i dont imagine they will open it before 9. earlier than normal already and they rarely opened particularly early then.

in todays essential info email it says the campsite entrance has moved. does anyone know where it is now going to be 

Will be going for the Sunday with my partner in a wheelchair. What are the crowds like… as in demographic as we don’t want any hassle from teens or even adults falling over the place? First time going. Unless it pisses it down will a robust wheel chair be fine on site?

4 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Will be going for the Sunday with my partner in a wheelchair. What are the crowds like… as in demographic as we don’t want any hassle from teens or even adults falling over the place? First time going. Unless it pisses it down will a robust wheel chair be fine on site?

Most of the crowd is really sound but every year there seems to be more pissed up teens on site in huge groups. But they should keep themselves to themselves. It's a real mixed bag of ages. But this year I'm not sure there's too much for the older crowd as in 50+. 

Getting around site should be fine, lot of concrete paths. Lot of places of site to chill at as well. 

Any other questions just ask

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, atomised said:

i dont imagine they will open it before 9. earlier than normal already and they rarely opened particularly early then.

in todays essential info email it says the campsite entrance has moved. does anyone know where it is now going to be 

Campsite entrance moved? Not sure where that would be as there is only one way in & out of the field normally.

The field sits in-between a train line, a motorway and an area know as farlington marshes, which all isn’t accessible by cars north of motorway, the only way in & out is via the car park next to the petrol station as far as I’m aware. 

1 hour ago, kelstar said:

Campsite entrance moved? Not sure where that would be as there is only one way in & out of the field normally.

The field sits in-between a train line, a motorway and an area know as farlington marshes, which all isn’t accessible by cars north of motorway, the only way in & out is via the car park next to the petrol station as far as I’m aware. 

thats exactly what i was thinking when i read it. went last year and wasnt aware of any other entrance way 

2 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Most of the crowd is really sound but every year there seems to be more pissed up teens on site in huge groups. But they should keep themselves to themselves. It's a real mixed bag of ages. But this year I'm not sure there's too much for the older crowd as in 50+. 

Getting around site should be fine, lot of concrete paths. Lot of places of site to chill at as well. 

Any other questions just ask

Thanks mate. That has given her a lot more confidence to go. We obviously will be staying towards the back for the crowds & chilling. Can’t think of any more questions it’s just keeping her happy! She is going to bring crutches too so if they take them off her will we kick up a fuss & she is bringing her GP/doctors certificate with her for her meds as well. We’ll probably just chill watching bands from the back. Thanks again