victorious 2022

retrokev

57 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

For the size Victorious is, they really should have more choice, especially if they don't have a dedicated beer/lager sponsor stopping it. 

Hopefully they have a range of Strongbow drinks and not just normal piss Strongbow. 

Can’t remember what year but they definitely had a bar selling 1/2 a dozen craft beers one year, something like that would be fantastic.  I assumed covid just ruined lots of stuff last year and will be sorted this time round 🤞

1 hour ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Can’t remember what year but they definitely had a bar selling 1/2 a dozen craft beers one year, something like that would be fantastic.  I assumed covid just ruined lots of stuff last year and will be sorted this time round 🤞

Yeah, I think they used to have an ale bar in the d day car park a few years ago.

Would be nice if they had 1 of the local breweries like staggeringly good on site.

Real Ale

a few years back the real ale tent was in the D-Day car park (Beats Stage) but wasn’t there last year. We found a Van selling local beers from a brewery based in Hilsea, Portsmouth between the kids area/circus in 2019 too. (Urban Brewery) But I didn’t see that either last year, but didn’t look for it.

but out of interest, there is a small brewery inside Southsea Castle next to gift shops (Southsea Brewing Co) but not sure if that’s open.

31 minutes ago, kelstar said:

Real Ale

a few years back the real ale tent was in the D-Day car park (Beats Stage) but wasn’t there last year. We found a Van selling local beers from a brewery based in Hilsea, Portsmouth between the kids area/circus in 2019 too. (Urban Brewery) But I didn’t see that either last year, but didn’t look for it.

but out of interest, there is a small brewery inside Southsea Castle next to gift shops (Southsea Brewing Co) but not sure if that’s open.

Don't the 3 lads who started Victorious have something to do with that. Or they used to. Im sure they had a bar in Portsmouth as well. 

I remember the real ale, it was always extremely rammed whenever I went and it was a closed in area and was a right squash. But I'm thinking back to 2015 when I first went to Viccy.

7 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Don't the 3 lads who started Victorious have something to do with that. Or they used to. Im sure they had a bar in Portsmouth as well. 

I remember the real ale, it was always extremely rammed whenever I went and it was a closed in area and was a right squash. But I'm thinking back to 2015 when I first went to Viccy.

Yes, Victorious was started by 3 lads, think one of them is Andy Marsh. All three of them were heavily into the Portsmouth pub and entertainment scene in Portsmouth. (They also got involved in a lot of the mini festivals and outdoor entertainment in Portsmouth)

I believe they are still involved, as they often have articles in the local paper or go on local radio but they sold a stake in Victorious to a large entertainment company a few years back to try to pull  in the bigger named bands.

I know they work heavily with a lot of locals as most of the smaller stages are promoted by locals music venues showcasing local acts aka casements stage, Acoustic stage is ran Rhino studios and Seaside is usually run by Nick Courtney. Plus they love to promote local business, as the area between common and world music is going to be a local food hub to promote local food businesses. 

we do have a few local breweries, So hopefully they will be there x

• Like 1

For those wanting to check up the latest on the state of the common, check out this link. Portsmouth is officially in Drought and a miracle is needed to repair the grass in time for Victorious….. you can see they started the common stage build 😉

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/weather/drought-officially-declared-in-south-of-england-as-scorching-heatwave-swelters-portsmouth-and-hampshire-3803764?fbclid=IwAR1Xt_moKkb5wyLC4ueQNpryVw2qvTkhMkOuaf7bm7mztVWuclwrCjCl61c

6 hours ago, kelstar said:

For those wanting to check up the latest on the state of the common, check out this link. Portsmouth is officially in Drought and a miracle is needed to repair the grass in time for Victorious….. you can see they started the common stage build 😉

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/weather/drought-officially-declared-in-south-of-england-as-scorching-heatwave-swelters-portsmouth-and-hampshire-3803764?fbclid=IwAR1Xt_moKkb5wyLC4ueQNpryVw2qvTkhMkOuaf7bm7mztVWuclwrCjCl61c

Yep, it's not been as warm as some other parts of the country but v dry.

3 hours ago, 3Dimensions said:

Park & Ride at Lakeside is much cheaper, plus it’s only a few minutes from the motorway and a big Tesco & 24hr Maccies.

dont know how its £200 plus for this as tickets now i think are £55 a day and i payed 40 a day when first out

My plans currently are (with the wife and kids input):

Beatles Dub Club > Sugababes > Scouting for Girls > Ocean Colour Scene > Declan McKenna > The Wombats > Paolo Nutini (some of) > Stephen Fretwell (wife loves him)

The Libertines > The Reytons > Russell Kane > Embrace > Suede > Sam Fender

(I’d like to do Metronomy on Sunday but the kids may prefer Sophie Ellis Bexter and Becky Hill)

On 8/13/2022 at 12:17 PM, 3Dimensions said:

Park & Ride at Lakeside is much cheaper, plus it’s only a few minutes from the motorway and a big Tesco & 24hr Maccies.

Doesn't help if you want to drink though. 

On 8/13/2022 at 3:48 PM, retrokev said:

dont know how its £200 plus for this as tickets now i think are £55 a day and i payed 40 a day when first out

You are paying a hefty camping price. For me personally at that price it needs to be loads better. I've not been back since my first time there but I live fairly far away to justify it without a bit of extra time down there too.

22 hours ago, sisco said:

Beatles Dub Club > Sugababes > Scouting for Girls > Ocean Colour Scene > Declan McKenna > The Wombats > Paolo Nutini (some of) > Stephen Fretwell (wife loves him)

(I’d like to do Metronomy on Sunday but the kids may prefer Sophie Ellis Bexter and Becky Hill)

For me it’s:

The K’s > Sugababes > dodie > We Are Scientists > Inhaler > WorryWorry > Declan McKenna > The Wombats > Paolo Nutini

Harvey Jay Dodgson > Example > The Reytons > Alfie Templeman > Editors > Amy Macdonald > Becky Hill > Nothing But Thieves > Sam Fender

23 hours ago, sisco said:

We are a mix of 4-10 adults and 5-10 kids (Varies over weekend)

Sugababes > Comedy Tent > Scouting for Girls > Ocean Colour Scene > Declan McKenna > The Wombats > Paolo Nutini (some of) > Andy C (Quick Look as walking past) > Bastille

Beren Oliva (Whilst grabbing a beer) >Example > The Reytons > Comedy Tent > Embrace > Editors (Last 20mins)  > Amy Macdonald (First 20 mins) > Sophie Ellis Bextor > Becky Hill > Utah Saints (Quick look) > Sam Fender (Start) > Anne Marie

On 8/13/2022 at 7:44 AM, kelstar said:

The bit with no grass is where the bands/backstage is isn't it?

11 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

The bit with no grass is where the bands/backstage is isn't it?

First photo is taken from Avenue de Caen, (road next to Acoustic Stage & World music) Second is out the back of D-Day museum, walking down to car park (towards beats stage) Third is next to castle stage. To be honest castle field just behind that photo is just dust, I added another photo below.

we are due storms, in next few days, but it’s not going to improve without a miracle x

BB4F5D41-F20F-4420-BF2C-D528BBA1FFE2.jpeg

1 hour ago, kelstar said:

https://www.newcastleworld.com/news/sam-fender-forced-to-cancel-major-european-festival-as-he-battles-laryngitis-3806167

Sam Fender may pull out?.....although they got the date of Victorious wrong x

It is true he did pull out of szigit , I imagine all will be fine in time for victorious 

If not it makes sense to pull libertines out the afternoon slow and use as headliners as i doubt they will be able to fine a suitable replacement with such short notice..

• Upvote 1