Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

3 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Don't jinx it, got the semi to get through first!

Ha, I've got a ticket somehow mate, so hopefully that officially means I'm not jinxing it!

I feel like I need to be locked in a padded room with a limitless supply of rum and 3 Lions on repeat between matches, as I don't know what else to do with myself.

58 minutes ago, st dan said:

Are Denmark a good enough side to set up to nullify their strengths though? I wouldn’t have said so. 
Whilst it made sense against the Germans, I think the same side as Saturday would comfortably see them off. If anything, they should be the ones worrying about us, and not the other way round. 

Denmark are ranked 12th in the world whilst Germany are ranked 13th. Surely if it makes sense to go defensive against one it makes sense to go defensive against the other.

Also worth remembering Denmark beat England in the League of Nations, which was the last time the sides met.

Just now, Homer said:

Ha, I've got a ticket somehow mate, so hopefully that officially means I'm not jinxing it!

I feel like I need to be locked in a padded room with a limitless supply of rum and 3 Lions on repeat between matches, as I don't know what else to do with myself.

I've got tickets as well, praying we do the business on Wednesday as I'm hoping to take the little lad on Sunday.

3 minutes ago, Padgey said:

I've got tickets as well, praying we do the business on Wednesday as I'm hoping to take the little lad on Sunday.

As much as I am preying we win Weds, I'm not sure I will technically enjoy Sunday if we are there. It will be like some sort of ongoing heart attack/breakdown I imagine. But without the usual access to a bar throughout.

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

As much as I am preying we win Weds, I'm not sure I will technically enjoy Sunday if we are there. It will be like some sort of ongoing heart attack/breakdown I imagine. But without the usual access to a bar throughout.

There's only one way you won't enjoy Sunday but lets not even think about that.

Could be there on Wednesday, just waiting to hear back.

Block 548 on Sunday.

Like a fool, when I applied for tickets in 2019, I didn't do it through ESTC and did it through the UEFA portal, so I didn't end up with a code. What do we reckon the chances of picking up a ticket last minute through the portal are? Slim to none? 

3 minutes ago, lacney said:

Like a fool, when I applied for tickets in 2019, I didn't do it through ESTC and did it through the UEFA portal, so I didn't end up with a code. What do we reckon the chances of picking up a ticket last minute through the portal are? Slim to none? 

Reckon they'll put a few more on there yet just got to be lucky with timing!

21 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Italy v Spain tickets currently on sale through the UEFA portal.

They had the Fan First ones yesterday morning for about 2 hours. Kicking myself now for not getting one at that price, but it's a 4 hour drive for me so I figured I'd hold out for England tickets if I'm making that journey 

Got home from Rome late last night, what a night, could barely talk Sunday morning, such a good atmosphere although having now watched the replay on the iPlayer it doesn’t really come across on TV. Don’t know why the press thought there wouldn’t be many England fans there?🙄🙄 I’d say it was 70%-30% in favour of England. The Ukraine fans were great, lots of banter but  all well natured and quite a few mixed with us outside afterwards. How football should be.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Nah, I’ve just flashed my phone at them twice and nobody has said anything.

Nobody has asked for ID either.

I had exactly the same experience, was more bothered about me drinking my beer quickly than looking at that

Cat 1 and 2 tickets for Italy Spain should go down in price as no one is paying 595 and 345 euros for a ticket. They have gone down for all games not sold out so if you wanna go, keep an eye out.

I keep spamming the site in case a Cat 3 England ticket pops up, never gonna happen though.