Download 2023

2 hours ago, beetchez said:

Slightly off topic but why are a lot of people ignorant about Download lineups? Not necessarily here, thinking more Facebook and Reddit. It's like they've been to two at most and not bothered to see who has played in the past.

Eg when a fake poster is made:

"Pendulum would never play Download, it's not their thing"

"Faith No More/Limp Bizkit/Alice Cooper would be headliners, surely?"

"Judas Priest below Avenged? I dunno what you're smoking mate"

"MCR? Lol, no. Second stage maybe, but not headliners."

Best one was someone asking why Biffy are headlining and Steel Panther aren't 

12 hours ago, beetchez said:

Slightly off topic but why are a lot of people ignorant about Download lineups? Not necessarily here, thinking more Facebook and Reddit. It's like they've been to two at most and not bothered to see who has played in the past.

Eg when a fake poster is made:

"Pendulum would never play Download, it's not their thing"

"Faith No More/Limp Bizkit/Alice Cooper would be headliners, surely?"

"Judas Priest below Avenged? I dunno what you're smoking mate"

"MCR? Lol, no. Second stage maybe, but not headliners."

i believe the casual audience doesn't know much about how festivals work, they just go and enjoy the bands. i'm going to knotfest brazil in december and there's a band that haven't been announced yet and will play below Slipknot and BMTH and people are begging for acts like Rammstein and SOAD to take that spot lol

On 4/10/2022 at 6:31 PM, gabrielomachado said:

i believe the casual audience doesn't know much about how festivals work, they just go and enjoy the bands. 

I know a few 40+ people who literally just go and sit in front of the main stage all day regardless of who's on, every year without fail, it's about the festival to them, not the bands. Which is admirable really, I just can't work that way 😅

20th Anniversary of Download… let’s have it. 

MAIN: Download presents… KNOTFEST UK 

Slipknot / Trivium / Gojira / Killswitch Engage / Jinjer / FEVER 333 / Knocked Loose / Gatecreeper 

SECOND: The Gaslight Anthem / Clutch 

AVALANCHE: New Found Glory 

DOGTOOTH: Testament 

MAIN: Metallica / Judas Priest / Sabaton / The Pretty Reckless / DevilDriver / Avatar / The Hu / Bokassa 

SECOND: Don Broco / Billy Talent 

AVALANCHE: Asking Alexandria  

DOGTOOTH: Napalm Death 

MAIN: Rage Against The Machine / Limp Bizkit / Mudvayne / While She Sleeps / Turnstile / Hatebreed / Body Count feat. Ice T / Employed To Serve 

SECOND: Behemoth / In Flames 

AVALANCHE: Against Me!

DOGTOOTH: Soulfly 

Edited by Andre91

8 hours ago, Andre91 said:

20th Anniversary of Download… let’s have it. 

(Added day on Thursday for campers)

MAIN: Ghost / Disturbed / The Pretty Reckless / Motionless In White / Wage War

SECOND: The Distillers / Busted / Fever 333 / Palaye Royale / Badflower

Avalanche and Dogtooth closed

MAIN: My Chemical Romance / Don Broco / Halestorm / Papa Roach / The Used / Vukovi / Hot Milk

SECOND: Gojira / Opeth

AVALANCHE: Poppy

DOGTOOTH: Periphery

MAIN: Metallica / Motley Crue / Killswitch Engage / Dragonforce / Arch Enemy / Jinjer / August Burns Red / Employed To Serve

SECOND: While She Sleeps / Billy Talent 

AVALANCHE: Beabadoobee 

DOGTOOTH: Cult Of Luna

MAIN: Green Day / The Offspring / Weezer / Bowling For Soup / Hollywood Undead / Electric Callboy / PUP / Pinkshift

SECOND: Sabaton / Epica

AVALANCHE: Alkaline Trio

DOGTOOTH: Ibaraki 

Edited by beetchez

Thursday Bonus Day Main Only:

Bring Me The Horizon / Architects / Parkway Drive / While She Sleeps / Northlane / Code Orange

------------

Main: Rage Against the Machine / Limp Bizkit / Run The Jewels / Babymetal / Poppy

Second: Ghost / Evanescence / Opeth / Cult of Luna 

Avalanche: Less Than Jake / Reel Big Fish / Goldfinger

Dogtooth: Sleep / Neurosis

------------

Main: Metallica / Motley Crue / Disturbed / Alice in Chains / Cradle of Filth

Second: Faith No More / A Perfect Circle / Danzig / Breaking Benjamin

Avalanche: NOFX / Pennywise / Zebrahead

Dogtooth: Converge / Hatebreed

------------

Main: Rammstein / Gojira / Trivium / Meshuggah / Behemoth

Second: Judas Priest / Twisted Sister / Cheap Trick / The Wildhearts

Avalanche: Turnstile / Knocked Loose / Malevolence

Dogtooth: Carpenter Brut / Dance With The Dead

Bit of a pipedream, but it's all fun and games innit. I'd pay £300 for the above. 

48 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Thursday Bonus Day Main Only:

Bring Me The Horizon / Architects / Parkway Drive / While She Sleeps / Northlane / Code Orange

------------

Main: Rage Against the Machine / Limp Bizkit / Run The Jewels / Babymetal / Poppy

Second: Ghost / Evanescence / Opeth / Cult of Luna 

Avalanche: Less Than Jake / Reel Big Fish / Goldfinger

Dogtooth: Sleep / Neurosis

------------

Main: Metallica / Motley Crue / Disturbed / Alice in Chains / Cradle of Filth

Second: Faith No More / A Perfect Circle / Danzig / Breaking Benjamin

Avalanche: NOFX / Pennywise / Zebrahead

Dogtooth: Converge / Hatebreed

------------

Main: Rammstein / Gojira / Trivium / Meshuggah / Behemoth

Second: Judas Priest / Twisted Sister / Cheap Trick / The Wildhearts

Avalanche: Turnstile / Knocked Loose / Malevolence

Dogtooth: Carpenter Brut / Dance With The Dead

Bit of a pipedream, but it's all fun and games innit. I'd pay £300 for the above. 

Looks great other than Parkway being third down. That’s mental. 

How great would it be if on the Friday, before the first act takes to the Main Stage, AC comes out and announces next year’s headliners. 

Whack big posters all around the site hyping the shit out of it to ensure plenty of folk venture in early: ‘Friday… 12:30… Main Stage… YOUR 2023 HEADLINER ANNOUNCEMENT!’

Bloodstock did it years ago when announcing Emperor for the following year and people lost their heads. 

Edited by Andre91

I thought them adding an extra day was impossible because they can't get a licence to do so and it's often why the prep work on site isn't done on time?

In anycase my punt;

Metallica - Five Finger Death Punch - Disturbed - The Pretty Reckless - Meshuggah

The Offspring - Don Bronco

Turnstile

Slipknot - Limp Bizkit  - Killswitch Engage - Asking Alexandria - Beartooth 

Prodigy - Babymetal 

Bowling For Soup

Rage - Gojira  - Frank Carter - While She Sleeps  - Fever 333

Sabaton - Anthrax 

The Interrupters

• Upvote 1

THURSDAY (Mainstage Only)

Main: BRING ME THE HORIZON / Architects / While She Sleeps / Sleeping With Sirens
Thy Art Is Murder / Wage War
____
FRIDAY

(Knotfest meets Download Mainstage)

Main: SLIPKNOT / Five Finger Death Punch / Gojira / Mudvayne / Jinjer / Knocked Loose
Gatecreeper

Second: The Gaslight Anthem / Neck Deep

Avalanche: Bad Religion

Dogtooth: Converge: Bloodmoon
____
SATURDAY

Main: METALLICA / Ghost / Trivium / The Distillers / Avatar / Spiritbox / The HU / Bokassa

Second: Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Alexisonfire

Avalanche: Beartooth

Dogtooth: Exodus
____
SUNDAY

Main: RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE / Limp Bizkit / Run The Jewels / Turnstile / In This Moment / Hatebreed / Fever 333 / Ho99o9

Second: Sabaton / Behemoth

Avalanche: Poppy

Dogtooth: Emperor

• Upvote 1

Thursday- Knotfest

Slipknot, Rob Zombie, Sabaton Ghostemane, Code Orange, Venom Prison.

Friday 

BMTH, Enter Shikari, Weezer, The Gaslight Anthem, Beartooth, Dinosaur Pile Up, Nova Twins, As Decemeber Falls Zippo: Messhugah Avalanche: Alkaline Trio Dogtooth: Health 

Saturday

Metallica, Royal Blood, Alice In Chains, While She Sleeps, The HU, Therapy?, Vexed Zippo: The Offspring Avalanche: Refused Dogtooth: Wolves In The Throne Room 

Sunday 

RATM, Limp Bizkit, Run The Jewels, Don Broco, Turnstile, Hundred Reasons, Malevolence Bob Vylan Zippo: Architects Avalanche: Frank Turner Dogtooth: Carpenter Brut

6 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Hope Andy's paying attention. We've already decided that the lineup is Rage / Metallica / Slipknot. 

Which means it's really gonna be A7X / GNR / Biffy. 

No 'tallica or Slipknot in the UK this year despite it being a huge market for them and touring Europe and then Rage should be on his radar as a band to get so it's seem the most obvious trio but yeah there's gonna be a curve ball, what’s Def Leppard upto? Lol

Personally I'd rather have Ghost, Nine Inch Nails, Prodigy and Rage but I'm seeing all of them this year already so I can't complain.

17 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

Ghost are now headlining Hellfest, i know this doesn't mean that much since they headlined Wacken before but i can't stop wishing they toping the bill at Download next year

I saw them last week at the O2, whilst I managed to drink a ridiculous amount of overpriced beer (£7.50 a pint?!) on the night even as hammered as I was it was still a fucking awesome gig. So much fun.

29 minutes ago, jump said:

I saw them last week at the O2, whilst I managed to drink a ridiculous amount of overpriced beer (£7.50 a pint?!) on the night even as hammered as I was it was still a fucking awesome gig. So much fun.

For real, I'm gonna be sober most of this festival season or I'll be bankrupt. 

Not been on here for quite a while but here goes nothing with my predictions 

I think a few poppy acts would do down well for instance having say Busted followed By Avril Lavigne on a second stage as long as there's some metal on the main stage as they were the sort of bands or singers some people listened to when they were eight or nine and developed there taste later on and got into heavier and mature music but Have alot of fond memories and want abit of Nostalgia again at 28 years old and let them selves lose again for a couple of hours and you can't tell me there won't be people singing along to Year 3000, What i go to school for or Airhostess? 

Friday:

Rage Against The Machine, Halestorm, Alice In Chains, NOFX, L7, Bloodywood, Anti-Flag

Saturday:

Metallica, Gojira, Machine Head, Lamb Of God, Devin Townsend, Jinjer, Alien Weaponry, Venom Prison

Sunday:

Rammstein, Placebo, Disturbed, Amon Amarth, Spiritbox, The Hu,  Monuments, VOLA

Edited by Spiral_Low

3 hours ago, stevieg1993 said:

All these predictions and no one's included AlterBridge for the sub. It's the most obvious booking and position for 2023. 

If I had to guess people are sick of seeing AB sub and would rather not, but you're right, it's an obvious one

On 4/23/2022 at 10:07 AM, Spiral_Low said:

Friday:

Rage Against The Machine, Halestorm, Alice In Chains, NOFX, L7, Bloodywood, Anti-Flag

Saturday:

Metallica, Gojira, Machine Head, Lamb Of God, Devin Townsend, Jinjer, Alien Weaponry, Venom Prison

Sunday:

Rammstein, Placebo, Disturbed, Amon Amarth, Spiritbox, The Hu,  Monuments, VOLA

Placebo won't get a sub booking, 3rd or Zippo if they play.

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Placebo won't get a sub booking, 3rd or Zippo if they play.

I wouldn't say that. I could see them getting that spot as they would be making their debut at the festival which carries a lot of weight for a festival that keeps booking the same acts and looking at some of the acts announced for this year who are third or headlining the second stage like Skindred or The Distillers I would say Placebo are the bigger band.