Download 2023

On 4/26/2023 at 9:00 AM, Saint17 said:

Has anyone heard if the Barclaycard discount is on at the bars again this year? 

Thinking of applying for one to save some money.  Assuming I can then afford to pay it off straight away to avoid the interest!!

If you go to the sponsors list at the bottom of the Download website, and click on Barclaycard, it says... 

"Barclaycard – Official Payment Partner of Download Festival.

Your Barclaycard is your pass to hottest entertainment perks – save 10% on drinks* onsite when you show and pay with your Barclaycard. *T&Cs apply.

Find out more at: Barclaycard Entertainment."

Hopefully that's not a forgotten statement from last year. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 10:25 AM, scrubbertheman said:

If you go to the sponsors list at the bottom of the Download website, and click on Barclaycard, it says... 

"Barclaycard – Official Payment Partner of Download Festival.

Your Barclaycard is your pass to hottest entertainment perks – save 10% on drinks* onsite when you show and pay with your Barclaycard. *T&Cs apply.

Find out more at: Barclaycard Entertainment."

Hopefully that's not a forgotten statement from last year. 

Also, when paying say you're using barclaycard, get the discount then pay with whatever you have - works better on a phone app.

11 minutes ago, Dukey said:

New BMtH out - I’m a fan 

I was expecting them to release something heavy-ish in the lead up to Download, and this definitely isn’t that. Can’t deny that it’s incredibly catchy although I think I’ll always be more of a fan of their heavy stuff rather than when they go all out (hyper)pop like on this one.

The mispronunciation of Evangelion on the new BMTH is giving me some consternation.

But that's three-from-three for catchy bops off the upcoming Post Human effort. Has a crack at the setlist the other day:

Can't You Feel My Heart
MANTRA
Happy Song
The House of Wolves
Parasite Eve
sTraNgeRs
Shadow Moses
It Never Ends
Chelsea Smile
LosT
Pray for Plagues
Teardrops
Obey
Follow You
Die4U

Diamonds Aren't Forever
Throne
Drown

Might be fanciful nonsense, but feel that gives a few tidy concessions to their roots while continuing to tout the stuff that's made them into a certified arena band over the past few years or so.

2 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

The mispronunciation of Evangelion on the new BMTH is giving me some consternation.

But that's three-from-three for catchy bops off the upcoming Post Human effort. Has a crack at the setlist the other day:

Can't You Feel My Heart
MANTRA
Happy Song
The House of Wolves
Parasite Eve
sTraNgeRs
Shadow Moses
It Never Ends
Chelsea Smile
LosT
Pray for Plagues
Teardrops
Obey
Follow You
Die4U

Diamonds Aren't Forever
Throne
Drown

Might be fanciful nonsense, but feel that gives a few tidy concessions to their roots while continuing to tout the stuff that's made them into a certified arena band over the past few years or so.

Looks good but it’s similar to what they did at R&L last year. I don’t think they will open with CYFMH. 

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Looks good but it’s similar to what they did at R&L last year. I don’t think they will open with CYFMH. 

Aye, had wondered if they may go seriously off piste. Can You Feel My Heart, to be honest, is one of the few "locked" tracks I could merrily dismiss out of hand. Would much rather see Sleepwalking back.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Aye, had wondered if they may go seriously off piste. Can You Feel My Heart, to be honest, is one of the few "locked" tracks I could merrily dismiss out of hand. Would much rather see Sleepwalking back.

At this point I’d take anything off Sempiternal over CYFMH. Great song, don’t get me wrong, but I am a bit over it now. No fault of my own, really, I’ve rinsed that track over the years. But as you say, Sleepwalking would be great (I’m sure they’ve played it in America / Europe recently) and also Empire would be great to catch live.

8 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Does anyone know the crack with parking at the fest if you have guest list for a day? Can you just pay on the day or do you need a pass beforehand, can’t tell from the website at a glance.

Oh found it, you can buy just a parking pass by itself.

Folks who have got tickets through ticketmaster, are they virtual tickets or physical? Just wondering if I can buy a car park ticket the day before I go for a day and present the ticket on my phone of if I need to buy it in advance.

Thank you all for your help in advance.

16 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Folks who have got tickets through ticketmaster, are they virtual tickets or physical? Just wondering if I can buy a car park ticket the day before I go for a day and present the ticket on my phone of if I need to buy it in advance.

Thank you all for your help in advance.

Last year I panicked because my car park ticket hadn't arrived in the post, so I emailed them on the 6th June and they replied saying it was being delivered on the 7th (it was) but they also said:

"However, I've also checked with the venue and the Donington Park is a system venue event. There's nothing to worry about, if you show your pre-event email as proof of purchase you will be able to enter the camping car park with your booking reference number + photo ID."

Hope that helps ☺️

• Upvote 1

In no order 

Can You Feel My Heart

MANTRA

Obey (Feat Yungblud)

Kingslayer

Parasite Eve

Teardrops 

The Sadness Will Never End (Feat Sam Carter)

Antivist 

Drown

Follow You

Strangers

Die4U

Lost

Shadow Moses

Medicine

One Day The Only Butterflies Left (Feat Amy Lee) 

Throne

Happy Song

Dear Diary

Sleepwalking