Download 2023

On 3/31/2023 at 9:15 AM, 49Lawson said:

Press release has it listed as a European Exclusive performance sadly

Ah it's a festival exclusive as said below.

On 3/31/2023 at 10:55 AM, SweetJesus said:

On Friday 16 June Machine Head will close out proceedings on our South Stage. More than a decade after their previous appearance here the band around Robb Flynn are finally returning to Dessel for an EXCLUSIVE EUROPEAN FESTIVAL SHOW!

Hope they do a UK date alongside it! That's at least a week after Download so I can recover haha! 

28 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

It's not to say that they couldn't pop up unannounced as used to be the case at festivals over years gone by.

Download has no real history with secret sets. Metallica did their one that one time and that’s it. Even Fever 333 who were meant to be a secret ended up being announced. 

29 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Download has no real history with secret sets. Metallica did their one that one time and that’s it. Even Fever 333 who were meant to be a secret ended up being announced. 

Pretty sure Down did a set back in maybe, 2006 I want to say? Weren't on the poster but played early Saturday mainstage.

But yes, I agree. I'm just saying that if the band fancied it then they could play. Being an exclusive somewhere just means you can't be announced for anything else.

Speculation I know, but forum leaker did say Lamb Of God way back when. So I'm wondering if Lamb Of God do Download, Machine Head do Graspop, and then they together do some other non-festival dates around then. Neither band are gonna come over for a single fest and together they could shift accademy level dates pretty quickly in both UK and EU. 

Edit - worth pointing out to that Lamb Of God didn't do Scotland or Ireland on their recent tour, so would expect a Download appearance to be alongside Glasgow and Dublin at a minimum.

Edited by Spiral_Low

Helllooo, been lucky enough to win 2 tickets for the festival, however just clocked that they're "weekend - no camping" tickets. I've got a large party already going but all camping. Anyone any experience with trying to blag your way in to the campsites etc. after the arena closes? 

8 hours ago, Buko said:

Helllooo, been lucky enough to win 2 tickets for the festival, however just clocked that they're "weekend - no camping" tickets. I've got a large party already going but all camping. Anyone any experience with trying to blag your way in to the campsites etc. after the arena closes? 

Very lucky indeed, jealous

getting into campsite at download without a actual campsite pass is very difficult since the areas are so far apart. I think you will struggle

i need to buy the bmth day pass still

I would contact the festival and ask it couldn’t hurt. ? Seeing as it’s a competition win. Other than that find the nearest available hotel rooms like travelodge or premier inn

On 4/9/2023 at 2:15 AM, a6l6e6x said:

i need to buy the bmth day pass still

The whole festival is days from selling out according to Copping, stop dawdling and buy one. 

I know a lot of the time this is just a marketing tactic but people said the same about quiet camping, weekend, arena, and Saturday, and they're all gone now. 

9 hours ago, BenG92 said:

The whole festival is days from selling out according to Copping, stop dawdling and buy one. 

I know a lot of the time this is just a marketing tactic but people said the same about quiet camping, weekend, arena, and Saturday, and they're all gone now. 

Bought it today sir 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Superunknown said:

When do we normally get set times for this? Starting to narrow down what I'd like to see so would be good to find out what I'll actually be able to see or not. 

Like a week or two before I think. But this year, god knows, everything's upside down, we don't even have stages yet and it's mid-April.

Wonder if that means we're getting late stage splits but early timetables with them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Like a week or two before I think. But this year, god knows, everything's upside down, we don't even have stages yet and it's mid-April.

Wonder if that means we're getting late stage splits but early timetables with them.

I prefer my theory of waiting until the Limp Bizkit tour to be finished so they can be announced.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, justanothername said:

I prefer my theory of waiting until the Limp Bizkit tour to be finished so they can be announced.

Wouldn't hang your hopes on that. Think the biggest name you'll get now is Puscifer who are already confirmed. 

But, shit, hope I'm wrong, I'd be at LB. 

57 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Wouldn't hang your hopes on that. Think the biggest name you'll get now is Puscifer who are already confirmed. 

But, shit, hope I'm wrong, I'd be at LB. 

Oh yeah I'm fully not expecting Limp Bizkit whatsoever and it's certainly based purely on hopes. Knowing me if they are waiting for a bigger name it'll be someone naff like Sabaton.

50 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Oh yeah I'm fully not expecting Limp Bizkit whatsoever and it's certainly based purely on hopes. Knowing me if they are waiting for a bigger name it'll be someone naff like Sabaton.

Still hanging on to my string of hope for Babymetal to be added 

Limp Bizkit were awesome the other night and I really hope they get added. 

So… that Metallica album, eh? Far, far too long. Almost every single track outstays its welcome and there’s a maximum of 40mins of ideas on a 77min record. It’s really not very interesting at all. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Limp Bizkit were awesome the other night and I really hope they get added. 

So… that Metallica album, eh? Far, far too long. Almost every single track outstays its welcome and there’s a maximum of 40mins of ideas on a 77min record. It’s really not very interesting at all. 

Yeah there are moments where my ears prick up - mostly when a solo comes in - but largely it’s so monotonous, one paced and just doesn’t seem to have much going for it. The last album had a couple of clunkers but also a lot of individually great songs; I’m struggling to tell a lot of the songs here apart, and then they just keep going for 2+ minutes more than necessary. The production doesn’t help things either as everything just sounds so clinical and like the whole thing was put together by an A.I. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah there are moments where my ears prick up - mostly when a solo comes in - but largely it’s so monotonous, one paced and just doesn’t seem to have much going for it. The last album had a couple of clunkers but also a lot of individually great songs; I’m struggling to tell a lot of the songs here apart, and then they just keep going for 2+ minutes more than necessary. The production doesn’t help things either as everything just sounds so clinical and like the whole thing was put together by an A.I. 

Absolutely on the money here. I hate the production on this record. It’s so limp.

The snare sound at the start of Crown of Barbed Wire, particularly, sounds like it’s got a layer of Vaseline on it. It’s so weak. I would genuinely rather have the St. Anger snare sound.