Download 2023

7 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Fully expected them to be £350. This lineup is stacked for England. 

Yeah me and my group have just been saying, I would argue it’s the closest any UK festival outside of Glasto has got to matching a European line up standard. If they’ve kept back Pantera, Hailstorm, possibly Alter Bridge etc to be added later this line up will be huge 

24 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Expecting Pantera, Halestorm, Turnstile and Lamb of God being added as logo acts down the line. 

Am I right in thinking you brought us the news of the headliners first Andre? If so, is this a prediction or have you got it on reasonably good authority because Pantera and Turnstile getting added to this would be insane!

4 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Am I right in thinking you brought us the news of the headliners first Andre? If so, is this a prediction or have you got it on reasonably good authority because Pantera and Turnstile getting added to this would be insane!

I posted them after a guy on the DL forums said them months ago, yeah. Another guy who corroborated them a while back who also provided a load of names last week that are on this leak (more obscure names like Placebo, Evanescence) said that Pantera and LOG are there too. Turnstile is just festival maths because they’re in Europe at the time and they aren’t at Slam Dunk. 

They will be keeping back some heavyweights for later announcements for sure. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I posted them after a guy on the DL forums said them months ago, yeah. Another guy who corroborated them a while back who also provided a load of names last week that are on this leak (more obscure names like Placebo, Evanescence) said that Pantera and LOG are there too. Turnstile is just festival maths because they’re in Europe at the time and they aren’t at Slam Dunk. 

They will be keeping back some heavyweights for later announcements for sure. 

Ah that’s brilliant, thanks for the response! I must admit the more obscure names like Placebo, Evanescence etc were the ones I was hoping for so to see them now is great. Pantera etc being added later on is just the cherry on top 

1 minute ago, 49Lawson said:

Ah that’s brilliant, thanks for the response! I must admit the more obscure names like Placebo, Evanescence etc were the ones I was hoping for so to see them now is great. Pantera etc being added later on is just the cherry on top 

The guy mentioned yesterday that a big band has dropped out which a lot of us have taken as Nightwish because they’re in Europe at the time but their singer has had a cancer diagnosis, unfortunately. 

I’ve just had a listen through a whole bunch of names on the lineup that I’ve never heard of and, I’ve got to say, many of them are not your typical Download bands/artists. It’s really cool IMO. There’s loads of awesome, smaller acts on there doing some really different and exciting stuff. I’m not sure how the denim and leather lot will feel but it’s definitely like they’ve listened to some of the criticism after the Pilot was so fresh and booked a whole load of exciting, not traditionally DL acts. There’s stuff there from post-punk, to hardcore, to hyper pop to trap. I love it. 

12 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve just had a listen through a whole bunch of names on the lineup that I’ve never heard of and, I’ve got to say, many of them are not your typical Download bands/artists. It’s really cool IMO. There’s loads of awesome, smaller acts on there doing some really different and exciting stuff. I’m not sure how the denim and leather lot will feel but it’s definitely like they’ve listened to some of the criticism after the Pilot was so fresh and booked a whole load of exciting, not traditionally DL acts. There’s stuff there from post-punk, to hardcore, to hyper pop to trap. I love it. 

thats exactly the reason why i am loving this lineup!!!

. I am a metalcore fan, but do like a lot of other variations of music, and DL has always been quite straight with what they booked. So hyped!!!! I will soon be doing a playlist of the bands I am planning on see it. Will share it through so you can all get small snippets if you want 🙂

I’ve had a go at placing all of the acts on the stage I think they could play. 

APEX: Metallica, Bring Me The Horizon, Slipknot, Architects, Parkway Drive, Within Temptation, Disturbed, Behemoth, Fever 333, Municipal Waste, Nova Twins, Bloodywood

OPUS: Ghost, Evanescence, Placebo, Pendulum, Alexisonfire, The Distillers, Three Days Grace, Lorna Shore, Polaris, Asking Alexandria, Seether, Elvana

AVALANCHE: I Prevail, Simple Plan, As December Falls, The Blackout, Beauty School Dropout, Kid Kapichi, Blackgold, Kid Bookie, Lake Malice, MOD SUN, nothing nowhere, Set It Off, Soul Glo, Stand Atlantic, Stray From The Path, Terror, Touché Amoré, Witch Fever, Crashface, Taylor Acorn, Enola Gay, The Meffs, Crawlers, 

DOGTOOTH: Ville Valo, GWAR, Brutus, Ingested, Monuments, Pupil Slicer, Soen, Bambi Thug, Jazmin Bean, AViVA, Graphic Nature, Blind Channel, HAWXX, SiM 

15 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve had a go at placing all of the acts on the stage I think they could play. 

APEX: Metallica, Bring Me The Horizon, Slipknot, Architects, Parkway Drive, Within Temptation, Disturbed, Behemoth, Fever 333, Municipal Waste, Nova Twins, Bloodywood

OPUS: Ghost, Evanescence, Placebo, Pendulum, Alexisonfire, The Distillers, Three Days Grace, Lorna Shore, Polaris, Asking Alexandria, Seether, Elvana

AVALANCHE: I Prevail, Simple Plan, As December Falls, The Blackout, Beauty School Dropout, Kid Kapichi, Blackgold, Kid Bookie, Lake Malice, MOD SUN, nothing nowhere, Set It Off, Soul Glo, Stand Atlantic, Stray From The Path, Terror, Touché Amoré, Witch Fever, Crashface, Taylor Acorn, Enola Gay, The Meffs, Crawlers, 

DOGTOOTH: Ville Valo, GWAR, Brutus, Ingested, Monuments, Pupil Slicer, Soen, Bambi Thug, Jazmin Bean, AViVA, Graphic Nature, Blind Channel, HAWXX, SiM 

Suspect your bang on with most of that. I think they are holding back some of the bigger names for next announcement (obvs some that can't be announced till tours are over). 

For me the only bands I'd be interested in would be Slipknot, Ghost, Pendulum, Behemoth and Alexisonfire.

They seemed to have really catered to a specific audience this time round, feels like with BMTH getting the bump it's a lot of that type of metal which isn't really my thing, lack of decent rock too. 

Will probably end up going to Arctangent. 

Edited by Xeph1995

32 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

For me the only bands I'd be interested in would be Slipknot, Ghost, Pendulum, Behemoth and Alexisonfire.

They seemed to have really catered to a specific audience this time round, feels like with BMTH getting the bump it's a lot of that type of metal which isn't really my thing, lack of decent rock too. 

Will probably end up going to Arctangent. 

Hmmm as Andre pointed out in his guess the stage post, alot of this is probably Avalanche stage and I suspect it's being announced now to try to draw in the BMTH crowd. But expect a hell of alot more to be announced, with an extra day this is like a quarter of the line up? 

27 minutes ago, Swansea93 said:

No room for MGK now on the lineup providing this is correct?

I mean I hope he isn't there, but anyway it only has 16 logo bands. Across 4 full days there will be 27. Presuming the Thurs really is a full day that's 11 missing. 

(Ok technically 28 but Metallica twice so 27). 

• Thanks 1

Thursday

Apex: METALLICA / Alter Bridge / Halestorm / The Pretty Reckless

Opus: Evanescence / The Distillers / Hollywood Undead

Avalanche: Simple Plan

Dogtooth: Deicide
_____
Friday

Apex: BRING ME THE HORIZON / Architects / Turnstile / While She Sleeps

Opus: Ghost / Within Temptation / Arch Enemy

Avalanche: I Prevail

Dogtooth: Testament
____
Saturday

Apex: METALLICA / Pantera / Disturbed / Behemoth

Opus: Placebo / Alexisonfire / Papa Roach

Avalanche: Asking Alexandria

Dogtooth: GWAR
____
Sunday

Apex: SLIPKNOT / Parkway Drive / Lamb Of God / Amon Amarth

Opus: The Prodigy / Pendulum / Electric Callboy

Avalanche: Sick Of It All

Dogtooth: Ville Vallo

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

Thursday

Apex: METALLICA / Alter Bridge / Halestorm / The Pretty Reckless

Opus: Evanescence / The Distillers / Hollywood Undead

Avalanche: Simple Plan

Dogtooth: Deicide
_____
Friday

Apex: BRING ME THE HORIZON / Architects / Turnstile / While She Sleeps

Opus: Ghost / Within Temptation / Arch Enemy

Avalanche: I Prevail

Dogtooth: Testament
____
Saturday

Apex: METALLICA / Pantera / Disturbed / Behemoth

Opus: Placebo / Alexisonfire / Papa Roach

Avalanche: Asking Alexandria

Dogtooth: GWAR
____
Sunday

Apex: SLIPKNOT / Parkway Drive / Lamb Of God / Amon Amarth

Opus: The Prodigy / Pendulum / Electric Callboy

Avalanche: Sick Of It All

Dogtooth: Ville Vallo

Stunning. Although I think that if Asking Alexandria and GWAR were headlining those stages they’d have been a logo too like VV, Simple Plan and I Prevail. 

Edited by Andre91