Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

1 minute ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Nnnoooo not a gastro pub, the Crown is amazing - awww have a great night tonight and tomorrow and fingers crossed it still retains its character 

They will still have to put up with our rough arse faces when they open. We will certainly lower the tone.

2 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

They will still have to put up with our rough arse faces when they open. We will certainly lower the tone.

Stretching out with your wellies off while they serve chips in mini fucking shopping trolleys

12 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

{{{{Shivers}}}}

Are you familiar with the works of Robert Rankin?

You remind me of O'Malley and Pooley when threatened with the Flying Swan becoming a pub serving fizzy beer and chicken in a basket.

In a good way 🙂

Edited by Quark

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

No, we are having THE best fish n chips, in the Crown tonight and possibly tomorrow night, as the landlady and landlord have been given notice, and are closing as of tomorrow night. New owners don’t open for some weeks whilst they do work. Rumours say they want to turn it into a gastro pub...ffs. We are very very sad about the current tenants leaving. However they are going to take over a pub near Nunney so we can at least visit them.

We are up staying in Glastonbury next weekend and the following week and have booked a lunch at Godney . Looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Are you familiar with the works of Robert Rankin?

You remind me of O'Malley and Pooley when threatened with the Flying Swan becoming a pub serving fizzy beer and chicken in a basket.

In a good way 🙂

Nope not familiar.  

My lovely landlady keeps my favourite beer in stock just for me. 

I'll have to train the new owners

39 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

Try the King Arthur instead. Or the Riflemans. 

Love the Riflemans as well. Probably spend my birthday evening on the 22nd in there as they do Thatchers dry on draft. Will be trying the King Arthur as I’ve heard a lot about the pub. Can’t wait to be back.

4 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

No, we are having THE best fish n chips, in the Crown tonight and possibly tomorrow night, as the landlady and landlord have been given notice, and are closing as of tomorrow night. New owners don’t open for some weeks whilst they do work. Rumours say they want to turn it into a gastro pub...ffs. We are very very sad about the current tenants leaving. However they are going to take over a pub near Nunney so we can at least visit them.

Oh that's not great news.  Pilton needs a proper local boozer not a poncy gastro pub.  Hopefully the new tenants will rock up with big ideas that the village can change.

Nice lunch at the Who'dy today......need to give the refurb'd Crown a try too when we can get inside.

Enjoy your fish n chips 🍺

4 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Thats awful news.

I always remember working at Glasto in the late 90's and early 00's and we would go up there after shift to have some beers. Not sure if it was the same owners as back then, but the new owners should keep it exactly the way it is.

11 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Thats awful news.

I always remember working at Glasto in the late 90's and early 00's and we would go up there after shift to have some beers. Not sure if it was the same owners as back then, but the new owners should keep it exactly the way it is.

We’ve had maybe 4 or 5 landladies/landlords in the last 20 odd years. 

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

We’ve had maybe 4 or 5 landladies/landlords in the last 20 odd years. 

Ah fair enough, cant really remember there names, I knew the daughter of one of the landlord/ladies who also worked there occasionally.

1 minute ago, deebeedoobee said:

That would have been Emily or Rachel depending on how long ago it was.

Hmm am going to guess it was around 2003, and possibly Rachel was the daughter.
I was on site working build/break for about 5 weeks and we often ate/drank there post shifts

3 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Where are the current tenants going @deebeedoobee? You mentioned Nunney but I only know of the George Hotel actually in the village? 

2 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

They are taking the pub in Wanstrow. Close to Nunney.

Yep sorry the village name escaped me. It's the King William iv.