Non-Alcoholic Drinks - Advice / Suggestions for the festival

JoeyT

Right so by the time 2022 swings around I'll have a 2 and a half year old daughter which considering at the 2019 festival I didn't have a daughter at all is a bit mindblowing, anyhow.

My wife doesn't tend to come to the festival and there's a high chance we'll have another child between now and then so we've been talking about how the festival week might have to change for me.

Therefore along with my usual group (who also take their children for a couple of days) it's highly likely i'll also be bringing my daughter with me Tues - Thurs which obviously means my levels of excess will have to be controlled for the duration of her stay.

So I was wondering where the best places for drinks of the non-alcoholic variety are?

Coffee
Tea
Smoothies
Milkshakes
Etc.

I'm sure this sort of question has been asked a few times before but as it's not ever been anything i've needed / wanted to know I'd love some suggestions.

(I know things may have changed by the time 2022 is here in terms of the stalls / their location but let's pretend they haven't for the sake of this!)

There's a great Smoothie place in the Park - near one of the side entrances but can't remember the exact location. I'm guessing the Green area's market will have some things like this perhaps?

And to be fair, the Co Op probably is your friend for getting some of those to carry around all day without having to carry them in, I didn't visit at Glastonbury last time but I was very impressed with it at Reading

Bird and blend tea are usually by the other stage!! They do a great range of hot and cold fruit and green teas!!! They also do a great matcha tea!!! You can buy the teabags as well which works out cheaper over the weekend!!! I love then!! 
they have a website they are small independent tea company based in Brighton!! 

4 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Bird and blend tea are usually by the other stage!! They do a great range of hot and cold fruit and green teas!!! They also do a great matcha tea!!! You can buy the teabags as well which works out cheaper over the weekend!!! I love then!! 
they have a website they are small independent tea company based in Brighton!! 

Ooh yeah, bird and blend's matcha or chai lattes are lovely. Can also recommend soup-a-juice for juices and smoothies, opposite the info point near Greenpeace.

In terms of fruit juices -

For just straight, fresh apple juice then the Cider Bus is a good shout. Then a bit further along the road going towards the Pyramid, Nurses Cottage do some less common types (Plum, Elderflower). I'm pretty sure they've also got a second (and possibly even a third) location as well but can't remember where it is.

I used to like the freshly made Lemonade stands that would pop up in certain places like Yeomans Bridge for a sugar hit, but they seem to have gone away in the past few years. You can still get similar at a couple of market stalls but without the fancy options like adding mint.

Shaken Udder Milkshakes used to be quite good, and maybe still are, but between rises and "shrinkflation", they got too expensive for my taste so I haven't gone there for a few years. Think they cost more than beer/cider at the bars last I checked.

2 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

The Tiny Tea Tent in the Green Fields is a lovely place for a sit down with a cuppa in a proper mug. Slightly surreal in the middle of the night. Not actually that small.

Just welled up thinking how much I miss a late night mug of chai round a smoky fire at the TTT 😥

On 3/5/2021 at 12:56 AM, incident said:

Shaken Udder Milkshakes used to be quite good, and maybe still are, but between rises and "shrinkflation", they got too expensive for my taste so I haven't gone there for a few years. Think they cost more than beer/cider at the bars last I checked.

They weren't at the last couple of festivals, but there's a place in Williams Green that does the exact same thing.

Anyway I usually start the day with a couple of pints of milk from one of the Glastonbury Milk mini-stalls.