news & politics:discussion

zahidf

9 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

It seems Ben Wallace is the bookies favourite. I have to admit he could be sat in the same room as me and I wouldn't know who he was!

I have my doubts he will win. Firstly because he is untested and I don't know if he would be great winning over the membership. Secondly if he is so strong with the membership, I would think the other MPs could keep him off the ballot.

apparently he is popular amongst the membership. I could see him winning..seen as a contrast to Johnson..plus no baggage as far as I know...BUT..he voted remain! So can't be trusted. Also, not sure if he actually will stand yet.

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Grant Shapps is considering a leadership bid, is he deluded or just wants to keep himself in the news!

which of his personas would stand as leader.

23 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Grant Shapps is considering a leadership bid, is he deluded or just wants to keep himself in the news!

Haha imagine. I'll never forget when he was doing the covid briefing just after the Cummings stuff and kept trying to talk about some motorway stuff ("I can't believe no one wants to ask me questions about this!").

The very definition of lightweight and a known fabricator. So perfect for the job.

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m almost Tempted to say let him carry on … he’s just doing more and more damage to the Tory party and impacting any new leader bounce … almost !! 

Also doing more and more damage to the country.... 

we have so much shit going on...inflation, cost of living crisis, recessions on the way, war in europe, another covid wave, NI protocoland other brexit shite...oh and something called climate change and net zero, remember that? ...and we don't appear to have a functioning government.

OK - work laptop turned off. Champagne opened. Exile on Main Street blasting out of the stereo. Let the party begin!

(I know the c**t hasn't actually gone yet, but I'd have paid almost anything at the start of the week to see the words 'Boris Johnson resigns' on the rolling news ticker)!

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

ok...I mean...what's the worse he can do over the summer? Is it really a problem if he stays in place for a few more months?

He can promote people to the Lords who aren’t suitable.

He can miss-spend public money in a bid to appease Tory MPs.

He can write further laws which damage our democracy.

To name a few. 

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

He can promote people to the Lords who aren’t suitable.

He can miss-spend public money in a bid to appease Tory MPs.

He can write further laws which damage our democracy.

To name a few. 

what, out of spite?

I mean, maybe...but he's defeated. I expect he'll just be thinking of what he's going to do next in reality.

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

what, out of spite?

I mean, maybe...but he's defeated. I expect he'll just be thinking of what he's going to do next in reality.

He's a corrupt, selfish, morally bankrupt person who's losing the job he's wanted more than anything; he's capable of anything.