news & politics:discussion

zahidf

32 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

No to all elections are the same. Did Corbyn win in the middle of a oandemic

I agree. But that's the exact same argument us Corbynites were using to claim the result was good last time these council seats were up for grabs, which you were rubbishing.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

A mandate for sex pestery I think that's a more explicit offering than an Indyref.

Neil, you are becoming exceptionally boring.

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

One thing that came out of that guardian podcast I posted earlier...is the idea that you get more government investment if you have a tory mp.

Areas have picked up on that and they're unlikely to decide to vote themselves poorer.

Al as o having a Labour MP during Blair's time didn't bring rewards.

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Areas have picked up on that and they're unlikely to decide to vote themselves poorer.

Al as o having a Labour MP during Blair's time didn't bring rewards.

Yeah...did say that whilst mandelson was a bigwig in government he could get a lot of investment in Hartlepool.

From that podcast it seemed there was a lot of fault with both labour and tory governments in how the area had been neglected over the last few decades, there was a lot on the closure of a local hospital...but despite not having a labour government or labour council in recent years...all the blame was on labour as the mp was labour.

3 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Don't be silly of course not, I like Team GB getting medals at the Olympics though.

What if Scotland get knocked out in the group stages at the Euros, would they get behind the mighty three lions then? INGERLUUUND INGERLUUNNND INGERLUUUND NAA NAAA

27 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Do unionists also support England in the football?

Funnily enough, amongst my work colleagues the one who is the most "anti_English" at the football is also the most pro-union in the ballot box.

15 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

What if Scotland get knocked out in the group stages at the Euros, would they get behind the mighty three lions then? INGERLUUUND INGERLUUNNND INGERLUUUND NAA NAAA

They'd probably just switch back over to the rugby 😶

28 minutes ago, LJS said:

Funnily enough, amongst my work colleagues the one who is the most "anti_English" at the football is also the most pro-union in the ballot box.

Lol for sure some weird psychology. Some repressed anglophilia he hasn’t come to terms with..

’what you on about I hate England?!?’ 

Whilst secretly going home and making the mrs dress up as a beefeater 

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

And I couldn't take the piss in a way that annoys you so much in the indy campaign wasn't its own biggest embaressment. Or indy supporters such suckers fot sex pests. 

It doesn't annoy me. It bores me. Just as your incessant banging on about Corbyn bores me. 

I suppose we should all be great that Corbyn isn't a sex-pest - or you would be even more insufferable.

7 minutes ago, LJS said:

It doesn't annoy me. It bores me. Just as your incessant banging on about Corbyn bores me. 

I suppose we should all be great that Corbyn isn't a sex-pest - or you would be even more insufferable.

Well... 

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, LJS said:

How scotland is fucked over by englsnd the indy guff about

7 minutes ago, LJS said:

And the indy guff about how Scotland is fucked over by England isn't insufferablyboring. If Scotland was realty full of keen Europeans it would have stopped Brexit. You say you want indy but won't even face up to waht you want. 

13 minutes ago, LJS said:

If you don't want to be embatessed by iundy support fotr sex pests indy needs to dump the sex pests same as you say England should dump the embareasing tories. 

Edited by eFestivals

18 minutes ago, LJS said:

Indyists define England via who England votes for why can't Scotland be defined in the same way.