Your most controversial music opinions

CaledonianGonzo

The Rolling Stones have a better musical output than the Beatles. In fact in comparison to all the legendary bands Beatles is probably my least favourite. Would pick Pink Floyd, Zep, Stones over Beatles any day.

Coldplay have a better discography than Muse. The older I get the more unlistenable I find Muse’s music. Some of their stuff has aged horribly.

Grown adults who viciously hate pop music and don’t give it a chance haven’t grown out of their teenage mindset.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Grown adults who viciously hate pop music and don’t give it a chance haven’t grown out of their teenage mindset.

You can make exactly the same argument towards those who viciously decry guitar music in the hope of always trying to catch the next big fad.

There’s a sense snobbery and ageism from some people towards older guitar acts which is just as damaging as those who slag off pop music.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

You can make exactly the same argument towards those who viciously decry guitar music in the hope of always trying to catch the next big fad.

There’s a sense snobbery and ageism from some people towards older guitar acts which is just as damaging as those who slag off pop music.

Was just putting it in my own list but yep. Poptimism is going too far nowadays. There's a lot of trash pop music that gets too much credit because music publications pander to the masses. And a lot of clueless people who are so deep into blindly following music critics that they're bafflingly listening to music they're not arsed about against their own will, for fear of being out of touch.