Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I still say Calvin Harris. I think he still has tickets to shift at his various UK shows and festivals, reckon they'll give that time to level up before announcing.

I'm still convinced that the festival has a few aces up its sleeve...

Glad you’ve joined my team. It’s way more fun over here 🥰

53 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

This is kinda how the Pyramid lineup is in my head at the moment:

Friday: Billie Eilish, Wolf Alice, Elbow, Olivia Rodrigo, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Rufus Wainwright, ?, ?

Saturday: Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher's HFB, HAIM, Kacey Musgraves, Sigrid, Easy Life, Koffee, ?

Sunday: Kendrick Lamar, Lorde, Sam Fender, Diana Ross, Crowded House, Herbie Hancock, ?, ?

One of the days on the Pyramid, probably the Friday, is 100000% being opened by some form of Ukrainian choir. And Damon Albarn. 

10 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Fair enough, who the hell is the mystery saturday headliner? I really feel like they are on the poster, the only person I could think of is Doja Cat, Meghan thee stallion isn't big enough I think.

Meg is easily big enough. She's headlining other UK festivals this year. The one she isn't headlining, neither is Doja Cat or Burna Boy.

I think it'll be her or Doja as having a major, current female popstar makes sense as a Dua replacement. I can't see it not being one of those two, or even Lorde in a pinch.

When the Sun article came out saying Dua Lipa was on the Other Stage, it said this:

"There was definitely an argument to say Dua should have been on the Pyramid Stage, but Emily wanted to have her on board as a headliner. She wants male and female artists to be equally prominent on the festival’s bill this year."

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If Burna returns to the JP he’s the biggest act in that tent by far. Plays arena shows all over the world.

I think we are underestimating his size because there’s a demographic clash on here.

Yeah but I’d say that demographic clash is reflected in the festival’s attendance (to a lesser degree, but still). 

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If Burna returns to the JP he’s the biggest act in that tent by far. Plays arena shows all over the world.

I think we are underestimating his size because there’s a demographic clash on here.

🙄

Again, he was booked there last time after selling out Wembley Arena. It's nothing to do with who we are, it's to do with where the bookers put him last time.

24 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Yeah but I’d say that demographic clash is reflected in the festival’s attendance (to a lesser degree, but still). 

Mmmm not too sure about that. I think Burna would be a huge pull for those who just spend most of the weekend in silver hayes or south east corner.

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

🙄

Again, he was booked there last time after selling out Wembley Arena. It's nothing to do with who we are, it's to do with where the bookers put him last time.

Yeah but he has got bigger in the past 2 years. Also taking a pretty prominent slot at wireless and would easily headline some of the day festivals (Lovebox, Field Day Etc). 

I wasn’t expecting him to be back because he’s grown so much in the past 2 years and collabbed with some genuinely massive artists.

Also by demographic clash what I mean is, on here we will predict acts that are on our radar for the big slots - because we all know them and are familiar for them.

I doubt many people on here listen to Burna Boy so they don’t understand his size. I don’t listen to him but I’m aware that he’s a big deal. People who spend most of their time at silver hayes, couldn’t give a fuck about McCartney, and probably head to the south east corner around headline time would see Burna Boy as a pretty big pull. I also can’t vision him playing in a tent again if he’s been playing on mainstages and arenas for the past year.

In my mind it’s a perfect option against McCartney because it’s appealing to people who probably wouldn’t be at McCartney anyway.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Also by demographic clash what I mean is, on here we will predict acts that are on our radar for the big slots - because we all know them and are familiar for them.

I doubt many people on here listen to Burna Boy so they don’t understand his size. I don’t listen to him but I’m aware that he’s a big deal. People who spend most of their time at silver hayes, couldn’t give a fuck about McCartney, and probably head to the south east corner around headline time would see Burna Boy as a pretty big pull. I also can’t vision him playing in a tent again if he’s been playing on mainstages and arenas for the past year.

In my mind it’s a perfect option against McCartney because it’s appealing to people who probably wouldn’t be at McCartney anyway.

Why do you keep on with shit like this?

Is it not possible that other people do understand his size but just don't agree with you? You're even saying here that you don't actually listen to him but you still have a better idea than everyone else!

Also, massive assumption on your part of who people on here are, what they listen to, what they know about music.

Not sure how many more people are gonna have to pull you up on your goading and tell you that you're being arrogant and condescending until it sinks in but sooner that day comes, the better.

• Upvote 7

Just now, sisco said:

The fact they wanted Female headliners on every main stage says to me it’s not Burna Boy and it will be Megan or Doja

Yeah, one of Megan or Doja makes so much sense. The only reason Dua was so obvious for ‘20 was because we got info she was headlining Other, otherwise everybody would’ve been predicting her for Pyramid. Her out and one of those other two in is about as obvious a switcheroo as you can get - Matt just doesn’t want to admit that he’ll have to choose between one of them and Macca. 

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why do you keep on with shit like this?

Is it not possible that other people do understand his size but just don't agree with you? You're even saying here that you don't actually listen to him but you still have a better idea than everyone else!

Also, massive assumption on your part of who people on here are, what they listen to, what they know about music.

Not sure how many more people are gonna have to pull you up on your goading and tell you that you're being arrogant and condescending until it sinks in but sooner that day comes, the better.

It’s not arrogant or condescending, pretty sure no one here has predicted him for a big slot. When I first suggested Megan or Doja could play the first things people said back were “who are they”. Pointing out that efestivals skews one way demographic wise isn’t arrogant or condescending. Quite a lot of people here come to the festival for your classic rock, 00s/10s indie bands, and acts that crossover with primavera etc. it’s not offensive for me to point that out.

Sometimes I feel like I get flack on here only because I disagree with you, and the dentalplan view of how the festival is.

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah, one of Megan or Doja makes so much sense. The only reason Dua was so obvious for ‘20 was because we got info she was headlining Other, otherwise everybody would’ve been predicting her for Pyramid. Her out and one of those other two in is about as obvious a switcheroo as you can get - Matt just doesn’t want to admit that he’ll have to choose between one of them and Macca. 

I can see it being Megan but I think it’s more likely they will give her a sub slot similar to Dave (2019) and Stormzy (2017). Yes obviously I want to see both but I don’t know why this is a problem. 

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I can see it being Megan but I think it’s more likely they will give her a sub slot similar to Dave (2019) and Stormzy (2017). Yes obviously I want to see both but I don’t know why this is a problem. 

It’s a problem because you essentially call everybody else an idiot for saying it can’t be Burna Boy when literally the only reason you’re saying it’s Burna Boy is because that would resolve a huge clash for you. 

I’m really not too familiar with Burna Boy, but him subbing Megan on Other makes far more sense than the other way round if you really think he’s too big for the John Peel now. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It’s a problem because you essentially call everybody else an idiot for saying it can’t be Burna Boy when literally the only reason you’re saying it’s Burna Boy is because that would resolve a huge clash for you. 

I’m really not too familiar with Burna Boy, but him subbing Megan on Other makes far more sense than the other way round if you really think he’s too big for the John Peel now. 

When did I say people were idiots?

Just now, Matt42 said:

It’s not arrogant or condescending, pretty sure no one here has predicted him for a big slot. When I first suggested Megan or Doja could play the first things people said back were “who are they”. Pointing out that efestivals skews one way demographic wise isn’t arrogant or condescending. Quite a lot of people here come to the festival for your classic rock, 00s/10s indie bands, and acts that crossover with primavera etc. it’s not offensive for me to point that out.

Every time someone disagrees though you say something about either the person/people not being the right demographic to understand, or being biased by what they like.

How is it not condescending to insinuate that everybody else's judgement is blighted EXCEPT you, and that you're apparently the only one who can see objectively?

You need to realise that the avatars here are people who come on here for comfort, entertainment and community - not to be made to feel excluded or small, by someone who is just guessing as much as anyone else.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Every time someone disagrees though you say something about either the person/people not being the right demographic to understand, or being biased by what they like.

How is it not condescending to insinuate that everybody else's judgement is blighted EXCEPT you, and that you're apparently the only one who can see objectively?

You need to realise that the avatars here are people who come on here for comfort, entertainment and community - not to be made to feel excluded or small, by someone who is just guessing as much as anyone else.

Perhaps maybe that should apply to how people treat me here too? Because sometimes it feels like if I disagree with you or make a guess or prediction you don’t like, suddenly all your mates on here appear out of nowhere and pile in on me. Exaggerating my statements and twisting my words out of context.

Sometimes it all feels a little bit too coordinated. Plenty of people here have made posts saying that efestivals may be underestimating an acts size, but they don’t get piled on. I NEVER suggested people were stupid for not knowing Burna Boy is big. You just want it to be interpreted that way to facilitate another pile on.

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Dont really understand why Meg is more likely to be given the sub slot than Burna who clearly has more in common with Dave/Stormz....

36 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I also can’t vision him playing in a tent again if he’s been playing on mainstages and arenas for the past year.

This argument could also be used for The Streets though who were headlining fests like Victorious the same year they headlined the JP (admittedly it was rammed)

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

This argument could also be used for The Streets though who were headlining fests like Victorious the same year they headlined the JP (admittedly it was rammed)

Is a good point. I did think the Streets were underbilled in 2019 as their crowd was massive (I think)?

But I think the Streets were in JP because the Prodigy was booked for the Other (at the time).

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Is a good point. I did think the Streets were underbilled in 2019 as their crowd was massive (I think)?

Yeah it was rammed, we got there late as had been watching Dave and the JP field was closed cos of overcrowding, so weren’t allowed in 

Edited by tigger123

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Perhaps maybe that should apply to how people treat me here too? Because sometimes it feels like if I disagree with you or make a guess or prediction you don’t like, suddenly all your mates on here appear out of nowhere and pile in on me. Exaggerating my statements and twisting my words out of context.

Sometimes it all feels a little bit too coordinated. Plenty of people here have made posts saying that efestivals may be underestimating an acts size, but they don’t get piled on. I NEVER suggested people were stupid for not knowing Burna Boy is big. You just want it to be interpreted that way to facilitate another pile on.

Cmon Matt this is getting a bit silly now. I quite often agree with your points (re. Doja/Meg), and you do get some unfair criticism, but some of your posts are baffling and I dont see how you cant read them as offensive...

"I doubt many people on here listen to Burna Boy so they don’t understand his size. I don’t listen to him but I’m aware that he’s a big deal. " is so needlessly passive aggressive. The way its phrased gives the impression that you believe you are superior to everyone else - everyone else is blind to their biases but you are the one chosen one who can see above it. Thank god you are sharing your wisdom with us peasants... Just act normal and say you think others are underestimating his size.