Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

Olivia fourth down Pyramid. Set length thing is bollocks as she obviously isn’t gonna play for 45 minutes at her own shows. Couple of covers and shite patter and bam, you’ve got an hour. 

One of Doja or Megan third down Pyramid and other headlining Other - you decide.

Sigrid fifth down Pyramid.

Bicep headlining West Holts. 

Boom. Tell your friends. 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Do maybe O-Rod is on the Other Stage a la Bill in 2019.

That wasn’t the original plan for Billie though and she only played there because by chance a slot opened up after she blew up. Olivia has already blown up and will be one of the biggest pulls of the weekend and just screams Pyramid to me. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

That wasn’t the original plan for Billie though and she only played there because by chance a slot opened up after she blew up. Olivia has already blown up and will be one of the biggest pulls of the weekend and just screams Pyramid to me. 

While all of this is true, Other Stage would also suit her fine and it would work out exactly the same 'exposure' wise.

I agree Sigrid is stepping up to El Pointo.

4 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

I don't think Bicep are on Other, especially during Paul. They'll need someone a bit bigger during that slot especially. Bicep are definitely WH, I'm hoping Friday.

Unless they have given up trying to chip away Paul’s crowd and would rather give him a 150k send off!

10 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I should note that Justice pissed their chance away somewhat releasing an unloveable collection of prog too early. They got it back with some electro-bangers and a killer live show by 2017 but by then they were already banished to West Holts forevermore.

Save it for the 4th album lads! Mon dieu!

Audio Video Disco and their 2012 tour were both great. I will take no slander.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah but Vampire Weekend have experience headlining festivals across the planet. Yes it is a bit of a weak sub for G but they do have the credentials.

They did also do the secret slot, maybe that had something to do with it as a thank you. Great sunset act honestly would love to see them at a festival in the future

On the bicep vs rudimental debate, just this year at wilderness bicep got a lower billing so thats resolved really.

---

On another note, an act thats about and hasn't been mentioned is Massive Attack. They haven't played for ages although could potentially be doing the Friday of that new festival in bristol with chems / jamie xx (forwards) which would be pretty close by but otherwise no England date. Wilderness maybe? Would they still be up to headlining the saturday other - i'm thinking it might not do much to split the crowd though honestly.

Edited by gfa

1 minute ago, TownesMR said:

I think Jessie Ware could earn a slot on WH or Other... Maybe that's a hot take?

High John Peel or mid Other I reckon. 

Although am I remembering correctly that she was supposed to be in Sonic in 2020, or have I made that up and it was John Peel?

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Would be a pity if West Holts didn't extend an invite onto the roster.

I suppose she isn’t too far off some of the stuff they have on there what with the disco direction she’s gone in now, but I think John Peel or Other seem far more like her place. 

31 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

A sensible bet I think. Seems she was in the Sonic Tent in 2020, but her stock is definitely higher after What's Your Pleasure? broke through.

Seems mad she was going to be on Sonic, WYP really has propelled her forward (that and her podcast taking off).

I’m guessing 3rd down on JP but would love WH as it’s a far better stage. 

35 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Probably true. But we know a late afternoon slot a la Lizzo would do good box office.

Though for maximum effect it needs the corresponding Pyramid act to be phoning it in/miming/wearing a confused ‘why am I here?’ expression