U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

14 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I don’t agree, I think he is running for 2028 if Trump loses.

Either way it shows how a 2 party system can collapse once one of the 2 has been taken over by the extremists.

35-40% of the US electorate will vote republican regardless of who is leading it.

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Either way it shows how a 2 party system can collapse once one of the 2 has been taken over by the extremists.

35-40% of the US electorate will vote republican regardless of who is leading it.

I think the big issue is having all these candidates. The only way for a mainstream republican to win is to get behind one of the least offensive (probably Haley) candidate and give the party a clear choice. I suspect Trump would still win, but his opponent’s splitting the vote only makes it more likely.

• 2 weeks later...

Republicans are going all out bto impeach biden, when they've not been offended by trump's antics it just highlights their hypocrisy. Last time they tried to revenge impeach bill Clinton won two terms, so trying to impeach won't win them the election. And it might be the best way of stopping trump cos it'll turn people off the republicans.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Sidney Powell flips and will testify against Trump…

And biden is going to make a speech about democracy at risk around the world. Might get those yanks thinking and using their brains.

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

A nice thought, but the people who believe Trump is the Chosen One are too far gone and just make everything fit their beliefs.

Powell flipping will just be more evidence of the Deep State doing all it can to thwart their hero.

heard an interesting thing on the radio last night that said something like if trump is convicted of six crimes in Georgia he has to serve jail time.

more circus , just one monkey.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 6:12 PM, Neil said:

Its possible but can you imagine how it'll kick off if he is blocked from standing. I think that's the best way to go cos it'll kick off if he does stand.

10 hours ago, Neil said:

Its possible but can you imagine how it'll kick off if he is blocked from standing. I think that's the best way to go cos it'll kick off if he does stand.

It's going to kick off either way imo. Disqualify him and even if it's all legitimate given his atrocious behaviour after losing in 2020, it can only be painted as political suppression and will have some unintended consequences. By contrast, the thought of him winning again is hideous as he was dreadful as President and has dragged large swathes of the Republican Party with him.

It's all shoulda, coulda, woulda, but it seems as though when Trump left in 2021, even enough Republicans then would've been happy to ban him from running on their platform again, the top brass went "Eh, someone else will get rid of him for us" and now they seem stuck with him again. I mean ffs.

In terms of the polls above, I noted prior ones saying in November 2011 that Obama would lose 2012, that November 2015 polls were saying Hillary to win 2016, and that November 2019's polls were saying a Trump 2020 win. So there's time for Biden to turn it around, though does seem like he'll need a lot to make it happen.

51 minutes ago, charlierc said:

It's going to kick off either way imo. Disqualify him and even if it's all legitimate given his atrocious behaviour after losing in 2020, it can only be painted as political suppression and will have some unintended consequences. By contrast, the thought of him winning again is hideous as he was dreadful as President and has dragged large swathes of the Republican Party with him.

It's all shoulda, coulda, woulda, but it seems as though when Trump left in 2021, even enough Republicans then would've been happy to ban him from running on their platform again, the top brass went "Eh, someone else will get rid of him for us" and now they seem stuck with him again. I mean ffs.

In terms of the polls above, I noted prior ones saying in November 2011 that Obama would lose 2012, that November 2015 polls were saying Hillary to win 2016, and that November 2019's polls were saying a Trump 2020 win. So there's time for Biden to turn it around, though does seem like he'll need a lot to make it happen.

I think Democrats need to find someone other than Biden.

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

it might be better to have the trouble kick off without trump in power. than with him in power.

19 hours ago, Neil said:

it might be better to have the trouble kick off without trump in power. than with him in power.

Well we saw how hard it was to get him out of the White House 3 years ago, so I'm aware he's a bit of a troublemaker. And indeed was getting admonished for repeatedly going off topic and misremembering facts in one of his 307 trials yesterday.