Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

33 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Also says rescheduled... @Ken19 could they of changed there minds or is it a mistake or something?

It is because of the reschuled dates. They are contacting all these apps to publish the right names. 
Pearl Jam will headline a day tough. But they will announce it by themselves.

Strokes confirmed for Splendour in the Grass in Australia in late July and if they won't confirm Werchter think they'll be out of Europe for the rest of the summer

BKS is just confirmed cuz it's around time of Primavera, think they are planning to separate festivals between 2021 and 2022

10 minutes ago, Festcrazy said:

Strokes confirmed for Splendour in the Grass in Australia in late July and if they won't confirm Werchter think they'll be out of Europe for the rest of the summer

BKS is just confirmed cuz it's around time of Primavera, think they are planning to separate festivals between 2021 and 2022

They were also confirmed for Splendour in the Grass in 2020.

32 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

They were also confirmed for Splendour in the Grass in 2020.

I know, but they confirmed this festival and still not Werchter and others European, there is probably the reason for this, hope that the reason is just keeping the main acts for the final lineup

11 hours ago, visdave34 said:

Organization of Woo Hah Festival just confirmed on Instagram that Kendrick will not return in 2021. That’s a shame... a DAMN shame...

He will be back. It was just not possible for every artist to return in 2021. Kendrick for example has a very busy schedule with multiple projects. 

15 minutes ago, Festcrazy said:

I know, but they confirmed this festival and still not Werchter and others European, there is probably the reason for this, hope that the reason is just keeping the main acts for the final lineup

BKS' director said in an interview that The Strokes were one of the first to reply them that of course they would be back in 2021. I have no doubt that the same goes for RW.

27 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

BKS' director said in an interview that The Strokes were one of the first to reply them that of course they would be back in 2021. I have no doubt that the same goes for RW.

Ok you gave me hope, Strokes are really not act like Lana or Taylor to cancel European tour

It's not looking good is it? No SOAD, no Kendrick and the prospect of RHCP playing... 

I don't know if The Strokes alone will do it for me. Hoping for something exciting, otherwise it'll be 2022 for me. It's still very, very early though, and RW usually doesn't disappoint. I still expect some surprises. 

I had bought a combi, plus food and beverage.  I got the e-mail from Ticketmaster to say it has been converted for 2021 and I don't need to do anything.  Credit can be requested from 15th September until 31st December 2020.  Am I right to think that by 31st December 2020 I will have to have decided if I will use the 2021 combi or apply for a refund?  

Some good names for 2021 but not enough at this stage, plus 2021 is just such a long time away. 2022 even further.  Normally the festival only starts announcing names in November/December so I wonder how many more we will get before we need to decide?

1 hour ago, IdleWild78 said:

I had bought a combi, plus food and beverage.  I got the e-mail from Ticketmaster to say it has been converted for 2021 and I don't need to do anything.  Credit can be requested from 15th September until 31st December 2020.  Am I right to think that by 31st December 2020 I will have to have decided if I will use the 2021 combi or apply for a refund?  

Some good names for 2021 but not enough at this stage, plus 2021 is just such a long time away. 2022 even further.  Normally the festival only starts announcing names in November/December so I wonder how many more we will get before we need to decide?

You will know soon enough... 

I read things about cancelling and replacements... Paak (he is still not definitely out for summer 2020) and Kendrick didn't cancel shows for 2021. After the cancelling of the 2020 tours, they are looking to reschedule it in the future, and 2022 is also rescheduling in the future. 

The 2021 festivals are all new. Every festival starts to program their line up with a clean sheet. With the 2020 bands who are available in it. Some bands think it is important to come back the same day as the year before, others don't. 

For 2021 it is a case of: how will we program the best line up possible. They are not looking specifically for replacements for Kendrick and Soad (not necessary, we expect them both back in 2022, that is why you can use your credit for 2022). That is impossible. Improving where it is possible (everyday expect Thursday was missing something in the Barn (Kiwanuka was playing higher for example), but it could use a bigger name: Friday was obvious, Saturday was missing a big barn name: streets and Jorja weren't, Sunday was missing something besides Thom). Now we add Alt-J and Jamie XX to this list: already confirmed were The Streets, Thom and Disclosure + Beck are following. 

Gorillaz is a perfect fit. One of Hermans darlings (Damon) and a band who perfectly fits in a co - headline structure. One of his other darlings will also be added in the near future. A band who grew from a small band and played multiple times in the tenths to the main stage in 2021.

Edited by Ken19
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

I read things about cancelling and replacements... Paak (he is still not definitely out for summer 2020) and Kendrick didn't cancel shows for 2021. After the cancelling of the 2020 tours, they are looking to reschedule it in the future, and 2022 is also rescheduling in the future. 

The 2021 festivals are all new. Every festival starts to program their line up with a clean sheet. With the 2020 bands who are available in it. Some bands think it is important to come back the same day as the year before, others don't. 

For 2021 it is a case of: how will we program the best line up possible. They are not looking specifically for replacements for Kendrick and Soad (not necessary, we expect them both back in 2022, that is why you can use your credit for 2022). That is impossible. Improving where it is possible (everyday expect Thursday was missing something in the Barn (Kiwanuka was playing higher for example), but it could use a bigger name: Friday was obvious, Saturday was missing a big barn name: streets and Jorja weren't, Sunday was missing something besides Thom). Now we add Alt-J and Jamie XX to this list: already confirmed were The Streets, Thom and Disclosure + Beck are following. 

Gorillaz is a perfect fit. One of Hermans darlings (Damon) and a band who perfectly fits in a co - headline structure. One of his other darlings will also be added in the near future. A band who grew from a small band and played multiple times in the tenths to the main stage in 2021.

Thanks for all the insights! Must be Tame Impala right? ;)  Maybe Imagine Dragons but nahh?

Edited by The_Preach

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

Tame Impala seems like a nice guess, but i'd take Foals too if there's any chance !

Edited by polnico

2 minutes ago, polnico said:

Tame Impala seems like a nice guess, but i'd take Foals too if there's any chance !

Me too, but since they were supposed to play Lowlands 2020 I'm not getting my hopes up... Pukkelpop probably has a better chance. Although with times like these who knows...

3 minutes ago, Judithmt said:

Me too, but since they were supposed to play Lowlands 2020 I'm not getting my hopes up... Pukkelpop probably has a better chance. Although with times like these who knows...

Edit: nevermind, have to read more carefully...

Edited by visdave34