guypjfreak

7 hours ago, philipsteak said:

One of the views on one of my regular walks. Tend to wake up really early at the moment so head out then while it's still quiet

The best time of the day. It’s ten past seven in the morning and I’m just about to fill  my flask of tea and head out for a bit of a ramble. Tend to do the same (sometimes) at the festival! Glastonbury is quite a sight early in the morning, it’s when the whole area is at it’s quietest.  That’s until the wake up shouts of milky milky are heard from the tractor and trailer selling it! 

Sunset on our daily evening walk yesterday. We are very lucky that we live just 2 minutes walk from a woodland path that leads to the coast path and a walk along the estuary. 
It’s lovely taking the dog down there, although it’s been very busy lately, for obvious reasons. It’s actually nicest down there when it rains at the moment, as it’s quieter! 

9AD6F488-843B-438F-B223-8052DFF0CDAD.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/14/2020 at 7:17 AM, Ayrshire Chris said:

The best time of the day. It’s ten past seven in the morning and I’m just about to fill  my flask of tea and head out for a bit of a ramble. Tend to do the same (sometimes) at the festival! Glastonbury is quite a sight early in the morning, it’s when the whole area is at it’s quietest.  That’s until the wake up shouts of milky milky are heard from the tractor and trailer selling it! 

I do the same 7am trip at the festival. Although instead of a ramble it's more of a sprint to the shitter. The walk backs nice though (besides apologising to all the tents I fell over).

Had a half hour chat with a mate earlier, thought he had been ignoring me but he’s notoriously bad at replying & trying to get his uni assignments done & out of the way.

We’re going fishing & taking a few beers with us this week & maybe I might race him up Kingley Vale on our daily exercise. Proper cheered me up.

He will win.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Bisque said:

Had a half hour chat with a mate earlier, thought he had been ignoring me but he’s notoriously bad at replying & trying to get his uni assignments done & out of the way.

We’re going fishing & taking a few beers with us this week & maybe I might race him up Kingley Vale on our daily exercise. Proper cheered me up.

He will win.

Is that sea fishing?

Just now, Bisque said:

Yeah, we our taking our kayaks out to social distance. Not sure what bait to use.

I used to course fish in my youth, but couldn't do so now because I no longer think of it as a sport. However, I would go sea fishing with the intention that anything caught would be eaten ie I wouldn't do it for the 'sport'.

My folks are from the west coast of Ireland, and we used to go there every summer in my youth. Magical times. I recall my first time fishing with a jig (a line with hooks and feathers) on a boat out at sea, but sheltered by Valentia Island (where my dad was born). I recall letting the jig line plummet a fair while and then pulling it up and down about two or three times, and then the whole line started wriggling like a lunatic. I pulled the line in and had caught 4 mackerel in one go, and I only had 6 hooks on the line as it is. Very shortly after, the same happened for everybody in the boat. We had hit a shoal of mackerel. So, my family were eating the fish for many days after. The rest of the fish were given to my uncle who owned a lobster fishing boat in Portmagee (where my mom was born). He used the fish in his timber lobster pots. Back in those days they used to go out in the boat for up to a week at a time and would catch lobsters, crayfish, and large crabs. However, in those days there was no market for crab meat (incredible to think of nowadays) so they'd throw the crabs back in to the sea. However, when we were over on our holidays our uncle would keep the large crabs and give them to us (as requested by my dad), and we'd cook and eat them over a real fire (the only heat source in a very old cottage which my dad inherited from his parents). You can probably tell that I loved those days. 

12 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Is this lady the artist and the model? If so, she's scarily talented. She'd have to be painting 'backwards'. 

Am I missing the obvious? 

That’s a very good question ... and now something I need to find out ... standby  ... 

• Upvote 1