When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

12 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Made the mistake of getting a train through Cheltenham once when the racing was on. The driver had to ask people to get off cos the train was too full to move!

Deleted- not wanting to cause any offense. 

Edited by StuMalinas

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

FFS

Prosecutors in the northern Italian region of Piedmont said on Monday they had seized a batch of 393,600 shots of the AstraZeneca Covid vaccine following the death of a man hours after he had received a jab, Reuters reports.

On Sunday, Piedmont’s regional government suspended use of the batch after Sandro Tognatti, a 57-year-old music teacher, fell ill and died in circumstances that have not yet been clarified.

Magistrates in Sicily ordered the seizure of a separate batch of AstraZeneca vaccine last week following the sudden deaths of two men who had recently been inoculated.

The Italian government has said there was no evidence of a connection between the deaths and the jabs and has allowed the AstraZeneca vaccine to continue to be administered.

11 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Seems that the Ministry of health wanted to go on but government followed the advise of the Paul Ehrlich Institute, which has said two days ago that there is no connection to reports of blood clots in Germany. Now they want to wait for what EMA has to say. Austria still went on, wonder if that will have any effect on our vaccination plan.

4 minutes ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

Seems that the Ministry of health wanted to go on but government followed the advise of the Paul Ehrlich Institute, which has said two days ago that there is no connection to reports of blood clots in Germany. Now they want to wait for what EMA has to say. Austria still went on, wonder if that will have any effect on our vaccination plan.

bit messy.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

When the Brexit vote was to Leave, a number of people in/involved with the EU asked what they would miss the most about the UK's involvement in the EU.

The MHRA was a very common answer - I didn't really think much of it at the time. I can completely see why now.

Edited by Mellotr0n

3 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

When the Brexit vote was to Leave, a number of people in/involved with the EU asked what they would miss the most about the UK's involvement in the EU.

The MHRA was a very common answer - I didn't really think much of it at the time. I can completely see why now.

Yeah, there regulatory system seems to be a complete mess. Its an emeregncy use vaccine in the middle of a pandemic. More Jabs less faff

6 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

even so, bit loopy.

I wonder if they would be doing this if AZ supplies were good and there weren't many other vaccine options..?

Edited by steviewevie

16 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Seems pretty feasible that the UK will be pretty much back to normal in 3 months time while the Europeans battle a mammoth third wave due to all those dithering over vaccines 

Sorry to disappoint but:

- The Europeans are getting other vaccines and lots of them.

- Most of Europe has enjoyed freedoms recently whilst the UK is in lockdown

- Cases are falling in many countries

- There won't be a 'mammoth third wave' in 3 months time. See points above plus it's Summer.

Just now, xxialac said:

Sorry to disappoint but:

- The Europeans are getting other vaccines and lots of them.

- Most of Europe has enjoyed freedoms recently whilst the UK is in lockdown

- Cases are falling in many countries

- There won't be a 'mammoth third wave' in 3 months time. See points above plus it's Summer.

A lot of countries at start of a third wave...B117 spreading.  Germany, Italy, Poland, France etc....

14 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

bit messy.

I am just watching german Television ZDF on this:

Yes, things get weird. But Merkel is a fan of Paul Ehrlich Institute and definitely no Fan of Astra Zeneca.

Vaccine goals for Germany or Austria to be reached by summer won`t be effected as there are other vaccines like Biotech or Moderna but it could be a problem for countries which are dependent on the AZ in Europe. Now they will wait for EMA which already said that there is no connection but will make another investigation (said by the ZDF-reporter at EU headquarter in Brussel). 

Fun Facts: Today Germany gave up quarantine restrictions for german tourists traveling to Mallorca at Easter Holidays but warned all tourists that they should not travel. Also: Austria fired the vaccination coordinator because of the rather slow vaccination roll out.