When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I hope  that those jobs would still exist but in different pubs that arent run by such a twat ..... Wetherspoons has been part of the reason for the smaller pubs being destroyed and dissapearing .... Im aware thats how we roll in this country though so its just a factor of changing times ... but it doesnt stop me hating Tim Wetherspoon though 

Good points. Tim Martin is a complete twat.

32 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Plus there are still innocent people that work there too, they’ll lose their jobs if everyone stops going. It’s a tough one. 

27 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I hope  that those jobs would still exist but in different pubs that arent run by such a twat ..... Wetherspoons has been part of the reason for the smaller pubs being destroyed and dissapearing .... Im aware thats how we roll in this country though so its just a factor of changing times ... but it doesnt stop me hating Tim Wetherspoon though 

I wouldn't worry about the staff too much, Weatherspoons is not going to fail.  We may hate him, but that drink-nosed white walker knows what he's doing.  Cheap beer and food will always have a ready market.

1 hour ago, ace56blaa said:

yeah im optimistic about the tiers working, especially now they've been made stricter. 

Hoping it won't all be in vain for christmas though. 

I'm worried about the impact of Christmas, but hopefully any increase is just a short, sharp shock to the R number and not something that's going to be sustained. Think of it as a reverse circuit-breaker in a way. Hopefully if we do see the R number jump above 1 for that five day period, it's back below 1 as soon as the relaxation ends. I'd particularly encourage everyone not to take the piss at new year and either meet outside in a group of six, or stay home.

Here's an email I got last night from the promoter of an event I had booked, Another 6 months of this and you there won't be any event industry left.

It is with immense sadness that we must announce today that Rockabilly Night Live will cease trading immediately.  The levels of uncertainty and total absence of any Government support leaves us with no option but to take this drastic action. 

We were full-time event professionals that made our living through the events industry.  In addition to Rockabilly Night Live we ran other businesses involved with weddings and event catering and used to employ 50+ staff on a seasonal basis.  No support has been provided from the Government to the wedding or events industry and it does not look like any will be.  Since the first lockdown in March 2020 we had to postpone our entire programme of 20 events we had planned for this year and all our wedding and catering bookings were cancelled.   We therefore immediately lost all our income.

We have tried our absolute best to fight through this, but with no income or support since March, we are now destitute.   In just 8 months, we have gone from being exited about everything we had planned for this year, to feeding ourselves through food banks.  We have lost more than £40,000 through lost deposits, companies going bankrupt, including some of our planned venues, wasted advertising, legal and Insurance fees, and other business rents and costs.  

When Coronavirus first hit, we had no idea it was going to wipe out our entire year of business and most likely all events in the first half of 2021, and possibly beyond.   No business can survive 18 months+ without any support or income and the uncertainties make it impossible to plan or borrow money.   Our first Covid-secure gig in November was going to be our lifeline and the first of many Covid-secure gigs we intended to put on to get us through this crisis.  Unfortunately, that was our last chance and that now been taken away.  We now also have to cancel our New Year’s Eve event meaning our business is no longer viable.  We do not have the capital to start-up again and be able to host events in 2021 as all our financial resources have been drained.   With the uncertainty of th ings like event capacities and generally around the industry, borrowing is not an option. We have explored every avenue available to us to try and avoid this.  We are completely devastated at losing our business and our livelihood and if there had been any way to hang on, we would have done so; our entire lives have been ripped apart.

We are truly sorry that we have had to take this decision and thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for all your support in the past; you’ve all been incredible.

REFUNDS 

If you bought your tickets through a ticketing company such as Eventbrite:

You are legally entitled to a refund from the company that you purchased your tickets from.  In the first instance, please contact the company you purchased your tickets from for a full refund.  Should the company refuse to provide you with a refund, you are entitled to charge your card transaction back, please contact the bank to do this. 

If you purchased your tickets from our website,  www.rockabillynight.co.uk

Please either contact your card company to cancel the transaction or file a dispute at PayPal.

If you bought your tickets directly from us at an event:

Please post your physical tickets to the address below by 31st January 2021 along with a note with your bank details and we will process these refunds directly as soon as we are able. 

Shed Events, Suite 55, 42 Triangle West, Clifton, Bristol. BS8 1ES

So in my direct area of Worthing Central we have had up to the 22nd Nov, 4 people test positive for COVID and in the larger Worthing area we have up to the 27th Nov, 43 people test positive at 63.3 per 100k. Tier 2 seems harsh for the town I live in as we are grouped up by County.

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I'm worried about the impact of Christmas, but hopefully any increase is just a short, sharp shock to the R number and not something that's going to be sustained. Think of it as a reverse circuit-breaker in a way. Hopefully if we do see the R number jump above 1 for that five day period, it's back below 1 as soon as the relaxation ends. I'd particularly encourage everyone not to take the piss at new year and either meet outside in a group of six, or stay home.

we'll see in January, it's like a big experiment. Seems to be very easy for this virus to spread and cases to rise rapidly, not so easy or quick to bring those numbers down again. All we do know is January and February are normally very difficult months for the NHS in normal times...so could get rough if we're not careful.

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

So in my direct area of Worthing Central we have had up to the 22nd Nov, 4 people test positive for COVID and in the larger Worthing area we have up to the 27th Nov, 43 people test positive at 63.3 per 100k. Tier 2 seems harsh for the town I live in as we are grouped up by County.

yeah, does seem unfair...and this is what a lot of MPs and local leaders in certain areas are complaining about...but I guess have to protect hospitals that cover wider areas...and they have to draw a line somewhere etc etc.

2 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

image.thumb.png.5ed4b6536ce871b1ab3613f308bbb470.pngNot dropping as fast as I hope for a weekend. 

Hopefully we go below 10,000 cases next week

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

image.thumb.png.5ed4b6536ce871b1ab3613f308bbb470.pngNot dropping as fast as I hope for a weekend. 

Hopefully we go below 10,000 cases next week

For sure! Also on a positive note, it's worth remembering that we've already baked in a couple of weeks of (hopefully) falls after the end of lockdown. Much like it takes a few weeks to see numbers fall after you lock down, we shouldn't see them rise for at least a couple of weeks. Average cases have fallen by roughly 40% in the last two weeks, so hopefully they should be down at around 9k per day two weeks from now, and then they'll probably stabilise around that level (My working assumption is that having most of the country in tier 2 will achieve R=1 equilibrium roughly where cases stay around the same). The period after Christmas will be tricky but hopefully after that we start to bake in the impact of vaccines, and hospitalisations and deaths fall towards the second half of the winter :)

I strongly believe you guys will be back on the farm in June.

• Upvote 2