When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 hours ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

Even as we speak, Mike Pompeo is visiting the new settlements in Israel where fundamentalists continue to pour in and displace Palestinians, in breach of UN resolution 2334.

But that's okay.  Let them get on with it.  Mr Trump might have a few slightly troublesome policies, but he's bang on the money here.  We don't want to be accused of antisemitism because all Jews are Zionists, like all us Anglo-Saxons are fundamentalist witch-burning Christians, right?  And their iron age book tells them they're fulfilling God's word so it's basically fine.

Any attempt to stick up for a UN resolution is now antisemitism and must mean you're a fundamentalist Muslim who believes Israel shouldn't exist.  The far right have beaten us without a fight.

Who said Israeli can't be condemned for illegal settlements? Only you. :rolleyes:

Because the likes of you include attacks on Israel's want to exist and make criticisms against only one part of the problem you help enable Israel to escape the criticism it's due.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Meanwhile ... I hope to see you all in June ... who would have thought a few days back I was encouraging people to stay away as much as possible and limit the family trips !!

7F8F5BF1-659F-4811-B545-7A661D349BD2.jpeg

This kind of reporting it frankly dangerous, incredibly dense (and shite). There’s literally zero causal link you can put to those data points. Because I went to a supermarket - like I’d do anyway - does not mean I caught it in the supermarket. 

Edit: looks like they’ve edited out the word “catching” from the live article

Edited by Radiochicken

2 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

This kind of reporting it frankly dangerous, incredibly dense (and shite). There’s literally zero causal link you can put to those data points. Because I went to a supermarket - like I’d do anyway - does not mean I caught it in the supermarket. 

I possibly over reacted to the headline :) 

31 minutes ago, rmartin1803 said:

Here’s Hoping ! scots glasto party 😂

91752A84-BB36-485B-A798-9ECD0EE3A3F9.png

That can't be right, surely! If a similar proportion of England was vaccinated, that would mean almost 14m people being vaccinated by January - there's no way the UK will have that many vaccines by then!

Scotland won't have it's own pool of vaccines will it? They'll be shared out proportionally by the UK government

15 minutes ago, duke88 said:

That can't be right, surely! If a similar proportion of England was vaccinated, that would mean almost 14m people being vaccinated by January - there's no way the UK will have that many vaccines by then!

Scotland won't have it's own pool of vaccines will it? They'll be shared out proportionally by the UK government

Uk has 40 mil of the Pfizer one alone with a quarter of that available this year apparently. Then you have the Oxford one which seems imminent and we have a huge amount of that one. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Uk has 40 mil of the Pfizer one alone with a quarter of that available this year apparently. Then you have the Oxford one which seems imminent and we have a huge amount of that one. 

yeah, but how quickly can they produce and distribute....when also a big demand globally for this stuff?

Anyway, if they managed to get the elderly, the vulnerable and all health/care/key workers vaccinated by the spring, that would be a major fuckin success in my eyes.

5 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Yes, but that's a two-dose one - so that leaves 5 million people for the whole of the UK by the end of the year, Scotland aren't going to get 20% of that allocation, when they make up 8% of the UK population

The ambition for vaccination numbers...big hmm.

And let's face it, it also involves the government not fooking it up, which they've demonstrated they excel at.

I think the 5 million over 70s and vulnerable by Spring would be a fair result.

Talk of way more than that seems unrealistic.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

And let's face it, it also involves the government not fooking it up, which they've demonstrated they excel at.

For some reason I'm quite optimistic about the distribution of the vaccine...this is something we've done before.

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Thats the biggest concern... the Government fucking things up and making a circus. If the logistics are sorted and the vaccine is there and available for the vulnerable and over 65's then it comes down to the individual to be responsible to get vaccinated. 

We have at least a few weeks after the vaccines are released and people start taking them before they are effective and we can then look at lifting restriction. If I was optimistic I would hope a bunch of restrictions lifted by Feb and some normality coming back.