When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, Oboy82 said:

They wouldn’t have anywhere to hide even from their own backbenchers. I reckon if Johnson tries to take us back into another lockdown even if it’s warranted then they’ll be a leadership challenge. 

1 hour ago, Oboy82 said:

To be honest it seems like we get several totally contradictory stories every day at the minute from experts on opposite ends of the argument. It’s starting to make my head spin to be honest. The truth is no one knows at the minute - there are so many variables that could lead to totally different outcomes. We’re just gonna have to wait and see what happens and be patient with it. I expect by Easter, one way or another things will be much clearer.

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

To be honest it seems like we get several totally contradictory stories every day at the minute from experts on opposite ends of the argument. It’s starting to make my head spin to be honest. The truth is no one knows at the minute - there are so many variables that could lead to totally different outcomes. We’re just gonna have to wait and see what happens and be patient with it. I expect by Easter, one way or another things will be much clearer.

To be fair they’re saying it’ll be ok as long as we have “restrictions similar to late last summer” which if I remember correctly was just hand washing, masks, 1m distancing and a ban on gatherings of over 30.

13 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

To be fair they’re saying it’ll be ok as long as we have “restrictions similar to late last summer” which if I remember correctly was just hand washing, masks, 1m distancing and a ban on gatherings of over 30.

I could see that being what we have to start the summer with it slowly relaxing further from there. 

12 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I personally don't think there is the political will in the tories for that level of restrictions with full vaccinations by then

• Upvote 1

The kids will be the ones who aren’t vaccinated and they will have been back at school for several months by then ... we will all have been jabbed ... so infections should still run at low levels and nothing that will overwhelm the nhs which has been the govt concern all along .... at some point they are surely gonna roll with it 

7 hours ago, xxialac said:

"Ministers today defended another 10-day delay to the hotel quarantine scheme as it emerged that travellers to the UK face security guards on every floor and cleaning their own toilet - but not a single chain has yet signed up to take part."

They're going to miss the already crazily late 15 February timeline, aren't they...

Holiday inn has, my mother in law who works for them has been called back off furlough for it. I’d guess others have too

5 minutes ago, Sack truck said:

Holiday inn has, my mother in law who works for them has been called back off furlough for it. I’d guess others have too

They should sign up Britannia Hotels. The threat of having to spend 2 weeks in one of those when you get back will make everyone really consider how important that foreign trip really is

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I think the key word there is MAY. There may have to be restrictions into next year but that also doesn’t mean they will be strong ones. So we could see a return of some restrictions next winter if the NHS is under pressure again but in the warmer months the restrictions are much less. 

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I think the key word there is MAY. There may have to be restrictions into next year but that also doesn’t mean they will be strong ones. So we could see a return of some restrictions next winter if the NHS is under pressure again but in the warmer months the restrictions are much less. 

they're talking about it on newsnight now...they want to keep hospitalisations under a certain number...and that means possibly keeping some restrictions...according to doomster scientists...but not good time tory mp's.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

they're talking about it on newsnight now...they want to keep hospitalisations under a certain number...and that means possibly keeping some restrictions...according to doomster scientists...but not good time tory mp's.

Well let's see but I'd be amazed if people stick to social distancing once they have a vaccine.

21 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I apologise for how ignorant this sounds but I can't see many reasons as to why this summer will suddenly get worse then last summer with the help of vaccines, a huge chunk of the population will have been vaccinated by then so we should be approaching some better form of normality by that time, again putting models out like that when even the scientists remain uncertain is only going to cause more confusion for people