Has anyone got some 'personal' photos of Worthy View?

Staberinde

16 hours ago, Simsy said:

If you're getting the train you could go to Castle Cary and get the shuttle bus from there to worthy view.

We did this in 2019. Took us ages to get out of the station, but once we were in the car park we found a steward to direct us past the gate A bus queue to the worthy view bus.

And that shuttle will run from WV back to Castle Cary on Monday, correct? Was that a hassle timing wise so you wouldnt miss your train?

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

And that shuttle will run from WV back to Castle Cary on Monday, correct? Was that a hassle timing wise so you wouldnt miss your train?

Yes, it does go back to Castle Cary on Monday. We weren't booked on a specific train so we didn't have to worry about timing.

As someone who has stayed in WV multiple times, my take is this.  It is great.  It is better than Tangerine Fields.  Only thing is last time i didn't arrive until about4pm on Thursday and queued for over an hour in the sun to get in.  Loads of people and buses turned up at the same times.  Showers are excellent, the hill not too bad, and being able to park close by is a must for me.

After all that, we are staying at Sticklinch this year, as that had the only availability in the resale.  Be good to do something different, hoping it's as good if not better.  

15 minutes ago, e_p said:

As someone who has stayed in WV multiple times, my take is this.  It is great.  It is better than Tangerine Fields.  Only thing is last time i didn't arrive until about4pm on Thursday and queued for over an hour in the sun to get in.  Loads of people and buses turned up at the same times.  Showers are excellent, the hill not too bad, and being able to park close by is a must for me.

After all that, we are staying at Sticklinch this year, as that had the only availability in the resale.  Be good to do something different, hoping it's as good if not better.  

Pretty much sums up my feelings on it too. Used to stay in the tipi's but the proximity of the car park to the tents in WV is amazing. Staying in Sticklinch this year too.

31 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

There is currently a 6 person Scout Tent in Sticklinch available for booking, just in case you wanted an option.

Thanks lovely, fortunately I’ve managed to book a room in Glastonbury town for the whole festival, only £200, fingers crossed it won’t be a total drag x

3 minutes ago, Charm said:

Thanks lovely, fortunately I’ve managed to book a room in Glastonbury town for the whole festival, only £200, fingers crossed it won’t be a total drag x

Sounds lovely! I'm sure the hot showers and comfy bed will more than makeup for not camping ay the site. I hope you have a great time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charm said:

I have commuted to the festival before, about 25 years ago. It's got advantages on terms of the shower and bed but can have obvious disadvantages in terms of the walk and commute to get off site. 

If you were thinking it's the only way it would be practical for you to go then job done 😊

Just now, clarkete said:

I have commuted to the festival before, about 25 years ago. It's got advantages on terms of the shower and bed but can have obvious disadvantages in terms of the walk and commute to get off site. 

If you were thinking it's the only way it would be practical for you to go then job done 😊

Thanks for the advice lovely.  Supposedly there’s a bus that runs hourly from Glastonbury town hall to gate A, getting a taxi seems a drag as the drop off is at the show ground. I will probably pull some all nighters on the main days, will be interesting I’m sure x

1 hour ago, Charm said:

Thanks for the advice lovely.  Supposedly there’s a bus that runs hourly from Glastonbury town hall to gate A, getting a taxi seems a drag as the drop off is at the show ground. I will probably pull some all nighters on the main days, will be interesting I’m sure x

Oh that bus option sounds good 😊

My commuting years always involved someone driving which was much more of a drag.