Pyramid Subs 2020

Chrisp1986

17 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Don't say that so casually like you weren't part of the 'is it Radiohead' chat on here for months before the big poster dropped. Oneofus, oneofus, oneofus

Hahaha. My god you're right. I totally forgot those two things were connected. 

Sticking my head above the parapet here ....

Only joined here last September, and it is genuinely one of the nicest places on the internet, and by quite some margin.

I can remember when I had just joined observing a few posters giving serious grief to @Matt42 and thinking to myself "wow that's all a bit uncalled for".  Then I thought to myself there must be more to it that I am not aware off,  and I am new here, so just kept out of it at the time.  Since then I have seen the same type of thing flare up on numerous other occasions, mainly always directed at @Matt42, and also nearly always started by the same few people, and also with the same few people then jumping on-board.  Like this latest nonsense this morning, it is usually completely uncalled for and not at all in the spirit of this forum, or Glastonbury for that matter.  I can tell the difference between bullying and banter, and I know what this is.

@Matt42 contributes a awful lot to this forum in my opinion and I for one enjoy his posts and opinions, regardless of whether I agree or not.

I would really hope I am not the only one who sees this behaviour for what it is, and would also hope that we could keep that sort of stuff away from here.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, circus92 said:

Only joined here last September, and it is genuinely one of the nicest places on the internet, and by quite some margin.

I can remember when I had just joined observing a few posters giving serious grief to @Matt42 and thinking to myself "wow that's all a bit uncalled for".  Then I thought to myself there must be more to it that I am not aware off,  and I am new here, so just kept out of it at the time.  Since then I have seen the same type of thing flare up on numerous other occasions, mainly always directed at @Matt42, and also nearly always started by the same few people, and also with the same few people then jumping on-board.  Like this latest nonsense this morning, it is usually completely uncalled for and not at all in the spirit of this forum, or Glastonbury for that matter.  I can tell the difference between bullying and banter, and I know what this is.

@Matt42 contributes a awful lot to this forum in my opinion and I for one enjoy his posts and opinions, regardless of whether I agree or not.

I would really hope I am not the only one who sees this behaviour for what it is, and would also hope that we could keep that sort of stuff away from here.

Agreed.

Some of it is good natured and I know Matt is very capable of handling himself, but there is definitely an element of piling on and also singling out Matt on things when others have posted similar comments, which does cross the line.

Just now, jparx said:

Agreed.

Some of it is good natured and I know Matt is very capable of handling himself, but there is definitely an element of piling on and also singling out Matt on things when others have posted similar comments, which does cross the line.

I guess on the internet its harder to see if the line is being crossed or not ?  so hopefully the post above might make people a bit more aware ... 

14 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Sorry for the downvote but I disagree. I've already experienced bullying and I've only been here a short length of time.

It isn't as nice as I had hoped on here. :(

• Downvote 1

Just now, Big Bellend said:

Sorry for the downvote but I disagree. I've already experienced bullying and I've only been here a short length of time.

The person is talking about their own experience of the site which may of course be different to yours .... hopefully you can get it sorted 

1 minute ago, Big Bellend said:

So you disagree - fair enough.

The fact you disagree = downvote??

Okay then makes sense 😕

16 minutes ago, circus92 said:

If I’ve crossed the line with Matt then I apologise here and now.

However some of his previous comments, especially around younger people versus older, have needed to be challenged.

12 minutes ago, jparx said:

Some of it is good natured

Absolutely - as I said, banter is all good, but sometimes the tone of some of the comments are definitely not banter, and that is what I am calling out.

I loved the one earlier re Emily's tweet, Elbow and Matt - classic post and I imagine everyone can see that is just a bit of banter

Edited by circus92

23 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Well said, have a like. 

I do believe everyone on here is good natured and never wants to 'bully' someone. It is hard to get tone and intention down when typing so it can easily happen unintentionally. Just need to keep in mind how people might read things.

Definitely important not to stifle discussion as it makes forums like these what they are, but got to be careful and considerate ✌️

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If I’ve crossed the line with Matt then I apologise here and now.

However some of his previous comments, especially around younger people versus older, have needed to be challenged.

Fair enough

Agree on that - I think I was all over that one too

1 minute ago, Bovla said:

Well said, have a like. 

I do believe everyone on here is good natured and never wants to 'bully' someone. It is hard to get tone and intention down when typing so it can easily happen unintentionally. Just need to keep in mind how people might read things.

Definitely important not to stifle discussion as it makes forums like these what they are, but got to be careful and considerate ✌️

exactly my thoughts ... ive been offended in the past on here but after clarification the posts were meant in good humour ... reading people is hard in real life and even more so on an internet forum 

4 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

in fairness that literally makes perfect sense 

Okay - maybe I have misunderstood the use of downvotes.

I see loads of stuff on here that I disagree with, and never once have I used a downvote.  Surely we are all allowed to have different opinions, with having to downvote everytime we disagree?

I would normally only use them when I consider a post as being out of order / inappropriate etc

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, circus92 said:

I see loads of stuff on here that I disagree with, and never once have I used a downvote.  Surely we are all allowed to have different opinions, with having to downvote everytime we disagree?

I would normally only use them when I consider a post as being out of order / inappropriate etc

absolutely couldnt agree more ... I hate the bloody things .... its very very exceptional circumstances ..that ive used them . The world should be about positivity much more unless the post is offensive and the the forum the same 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

3 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Probably best not to worry too much about it chum