6 Music Festival 2020

Jon F

7 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

Yeah I get it, but sometimes people buy tickets and then can't go...then what is supposed to happen to those tickets? Dice have a good system in place, and I know a lot of festivals endorse twickets now, it's about time everyone else caught up.

Yeah I agree. Dice has a good system. 

Actually, having said all the above I have physical tickets rather than PDF ones and they don't have my name on! So you might be able to find some like that? For some reason I didn't opt for the digital tickets, which is weird as I usually always do. I will still bring my ID though, as I've started getting hassled for it at venues in general lately (nothing to do with my age as I'm 37, more to do with some vague "security" thing). 

4 hours ago, Sean1234321 said:

I will just risk it with the bloke on twitter, worst case scenario is I've wasted £25 so not exactly life changing.

Roundhouse are ok about Twicket purchases, you just bring along the notification with the tickets but as most if not all 6 Music events were sold out instantly then I would expect them to do the ID check. 

51 minutes ago, Dales said:

Roundhouse are ok about Twicket purchases, you just bring along the notification with the tickets but as most if not all 6 Music events were sold out instantly then I would expect them to do the ID check. 

No ID checking at the Strokes there a few weeks ago. Not sure if that's because the vast majority were non-transferable E-tickets though.

2 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Anyone seen any stage times anywhere?

If you look back a couple of pages someone posted them. 

4 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I'll be giving some of this watch. Particularly looking forward to watching Anna Meredith.

She's the one I'm most excited about for Sunday. Obsessed with "Nibs" and "Varmints" so a current fave. Tempest will be incredible as she always is, and I love Nadine Shah and Kim Gordon. Such a bloody good line-up. I am psyched. 

14 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

BC, NR were AMAZING

Indeed! Three of the occasions I've seen them - Boston Music Room, Village Underground and CLF Art Cafe - went straight into my gig 'hall of fame' as it were. They need the right stage/crowd/preparation more than most though, as the other occasions they've seemed a little edgy and once (last minute extra set at Green Man in Far Out) appeared to leave stage visible unhappy for whatever reason. I can imagine them suiting the Sackler Space perfectly.

• Upvote 1

Roisin Murphy was great fun yesterday and EOB was really impressive too. The crowd were dreadful though for all except Roisin - it was obvious people were there for one person (I was mainly too, but I was driven to to edge of leaving before). I'm hoping today will be better, as it's a better balanced line-up, IMO. I'm particularly looking forward to seeing Nadine Shah, Anna Meredith and Kate Tempest. 

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Holy fuck how great was Anna Meredith? Love her so much! So much joy in that performance. Awesome.

Having a great day. Really good crowd, no talkers, which is so rare for London.

She was incredible, wasn't she?! What a line-up! Kim Gordon was the only one I couldn't get into. The other four acts were WOW! 

So pleased that (on the whole) it was a much better crowd than yesterday too. 

10 hours ago, JHad said:

She was incredible, wasn't she?! What a line-up! Kim Gordon was the only one I couldn't get into. The other four acts were WOW! 

So pleased that (on the whole) it was a much better crowd than yesterday too. 

Yes, she really was. I was grinning ear to ear. Would love to see her again.

I really enjoyed the whole day, particularly Nadine, Anna and Tempest (always incredible). The whole day had such a wonderful positive vibe and the crowd were probably the best I've experienced in London for a long, long time. Not sure if that's because of the fanbases of these acts.

8 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yes, she really was. I was grinning ear to ear. Would love to see her again.

Me too! I've had FIBS on repeat all day today! I had a ticket for her EartH show a few weeks back but couldn't make it due to a family emergency. It made yesterday even more special, but would love to see her headline her own show still. 

I think the Festival this year was much better organised than Liverpool last year, where only the city really saved it. My favourite edition since Gateshead, although admittedly I've missed a couple.