Rock Im Park/Rock Am Ring 2020

BlackFoxx

51 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

This first announcement feels a bit underwhelming. Are these actually the headliners?

I'm not sure why you're doubting they are the headliners. Green Day are a massive stadium band, Volbeat are big on mainland Europe and have headlined it before and System Of A Down are still somewhat of a rare act to see.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

When are arena only tickets available for Rock im Park? They are for Am Ring but not Park...

I went this year (first time) and there weren't arena only tickets anytime at the park, only thing is that few weeks before the festival you could buy e-ticket to avoid the delivery cost 

22 hours ago, jump said:

I'm not sure why you're doubting they are the headliners. Green Day are a massive stadium band, Volbeat are big on mainland Europe and have headlined it before and System Of A Down are still somewhat of a rare act to see.

Have Green Day ever played stadiums on their own? I have the feeling they are on their way back. System of A Down also played fairly recently, didn't they? Although maybe they're releasing new music which can warrant their comeback. Volbeat don't feel like a big headliner at all.

Don't know, this just all feels a bit underwhelming. Maybe it's because these RAR-lineups all feel a bit samey.

4 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Have Green Day ever played stadiums on their own? I have the feeling they are on their way back. System of A Down also played fairly recently, didn't they? Although maybe they're releasing new music which can warrant their comeback. Volbeat don't feel like a big headliner at all.

Don't know, this just all feels a bit underwhelming. Maybe it's because these RAR-lineups all feel a bit samey.

I've seen Green Day play at both Emirates and Wembley before, they have played stadiums in Europe too.

Volbeat you will just have to accept they are big for a German crowd. It's the same way stuff like The 1975, Stormzy, Foals etc aren't big in Germany.

7 hours ago, jump said:

I've seen Green Day play at both Emirates and Wembley before, they have played stadiums in Europe too.

Volbeat you will just have to accept they are big for a German crowd. It's the same way stuff like The 1975, Stormzy, Foals etc aren't big in Germany.

Green Day are typically an arena size band in mainland Europe, but it changed for Hella Mega as they play Ernst Happel stadium in Vienna (50k capacity) + few big other venues. They headlined RaR/RiP in 2013 and smashed it, so they are a proven headliner repeating after 7 years, great booking for me.

SOAD are not a stadium band either and coming back after 3 years is a bit too early but we had worse (e.g., Metallica & Hosen coming back after 2 years). Without a new material to play it might be quite predictable and similar to 2017 show. But hey, they are a marquee name.

Volbeat are ridiculously popular in Germany and arguably the weakest headliner of the 3 for me. Some folks on the other website speculated that another head is possible on their day, like they had The Killers and The Prodigy on the same day in 2013. But they are apparently selling out their arena tour in Germany.

Agree the line up is lacking any surprise or fresh names except Yungbud but they are at least 2 more announcements to come.

22 hours ago, xydroh said:

is it just me or is their already a lot of rap on this lineup? I'm thinking there's a lot of heavy bands to come still

Not yet, but they will probably build a full day on the second stage around german rap artists as a contrast to e.g. System of A Down.

In fact, they already decreased the amount of rap artists in 2019 compared to the last years.

Seriously considering this after failing in the Glastonbury sale. 

Would be looking at RIP and getting an Airbnb or a hotel. Can anyone recommend a good area to be looking for accommodation? 

Just looking to price this up and then try and sell it to my mates. 

On 10/7/2019 at 10:46 AM, Henrik said:

Seriously considering this after failing in the Glastonbury sale. 

Would be looking at RIP and getting an Airbnb or a hotel. Can anyone recommend a good area to be looking for accommodation? 

Just looking to price this up and then try and sell it to my mates. 

You can book pretty much anywhere in the city as Nurnberg has pretty good infrastructure including taxis to/from the festival. Places in the walking distance are likely sold out already but you can try your luck as options are plentiful - the site is next to the exhibition centre. Good luck!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Boba73 said:

Must be due a second band announcement soon in time for the Xmas present market. My money's on System of a Down headlining the second stage, maybe Vollbeat too, so I'm thinking we've got a couple of big ones on the way still. RATM and the Killers.

No RATM shows in Europe 2020 according to multiple sources. I would love to have The Killers but they have London date on June 6th, so 99% they won't play either. I would be surprised to get 4th headliner as the current trio is pretty strong (though it's repeated booking), I guess it depends how the sales go. Plus they might have a few new options  not available earlier (e.g. RHCP which no one expected to tour Europe). My bet is on 2nd announcement in early Dec.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ferda said:

No RATM shows in Europe 2020 according to multiple sources. I would love to have The Killers but they have London date on June 6th, so 99% they won't play either. I would be surprised to get 4th headliner as the current trio is pretty strong (though it's repeated booking), I guess it depends how the sales go. Plus they might have a few new options  not available earlier (e.g. RHCP which no one expected to tour Europe). My bet is on 2nd announcement in early Dec.

Oh right. I didn't realise that about the Killers. Shame, but maybe we'll get a show in Munich instead. Rage not doing Euro shows next year... I'm not sure about that. $$$ talks and next year is a big year for RiP, RaM and also Glastonbury.

55 minutes ago, Boba73 said:

My money's on System of a Down headlining the second stage, maybe Vollbeat too

Are you joking or high? ? SOAD have headlined 2011 and 2017 and are headliners for most 2020 fests, including Download. The only recent place were they were only co-heads was Werchter 2017, along with Linkin Park. Absolutely no way SOAD or any other BIG headliner like Iron Maiden or Rammstein would accept a lower position than headliner once they've done it, anywhere.

Same story for Volbeat - once headlined in 2016 alongside RHCP and Black Sabbath, they'd never accept a lower position. Silly nonsense to expect anyone other bigger over them.

Edited by cristyflorin

Of course System Of A Down, Green Day and Volbeat are the 3 headliners of the festival! Not surprise at all. It's really rare they have 2 headliners on the same day: it happened with Foo Fighters and Gorillaz in 2018, Foo Fighters and SlipKnot in 2015. Funny it always happened on a day with the Foo's. But I don't see another headliner added this year.

Billy Talent will be sub on the Main Stage. Broilers could be too. KoRn should headline the second stage (or they are sub of SOAD).

6 hours ago, Boba73 said:

Apologies. If that's the case then it's a pretty poor anniversary line up. I hope Weezer are on the same day as Green Day otherwise I'm out.

I completely see what you mean. I would personally take RATM & The Killers over SOAD/Volbeat anytime. They are fine but SOAD has become a jukebox lately and Volbeat's latest albums are rather weak imo. Weezer on the same day as GD makes sense but HellaMega has 5 day gap for RaR/RiP so they can reshuffle things.

You can check Rock for People festival in Czech if you prefer single day for both bands - they are confirmed for Friday 19/6 there.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kilero said:

Hello everyone ! 

Do you think we will get more names before 2020 ? 

There has always been a wave just before christmas, it seems to take longer this time.

But Volbeat have announced more summer shows in Germany, so I guess the second wave has to come very very soon.

I don't know what they are waiting for. All the top spots should be in place.....I can' t see any room for a band like Faith No More or my Chemical Romance. At least we can expect Alter Bridge, Babymetal, Editors, Danko Jones and a few bigger german acts like AnnenMayKantereit etc.

• Upvote 1