OK....

I really like The Courteeners - Not Nineteen Forever. 

I have no time for anything else they have done, but this song I love.

We caught the end of it whilst getting a good spot for The Chems and I don’t think there’s many things better than watching a load of Mancunians show unabiding love for one of their own.

16 minutes ago, nikkic said:

OK....

Seconded. It's class.

So it was only listening to the wireless this evening that I learned the horn intro to Jump Around is sampled from Harlem Shuffle.

13 hours ago, Quark said:

Genuinely shocked Lawn. I gave it a couple of pages before people started calling each other c**ts, and miraculously here we are!

I left halfway through David Bowie to go see Basement Jaxx, the reason being that I don’t really like David Bowie. Does that help?

13 hours ago, nikkic said:

OK....

We caught the end of it whilst getting a good spot for The Chems and I don’t think there’s many things better than watching a load of Mancunians show unabiding love for one of their own.

Just to illustrate my point. 

15 hours ago, nikkic said:

OK....

I loved it, and them (from manchester, obviously), until that song became the official song of United's 20th title. I'm starting to get over it and I'll belt it out when I'm drunk but its soured it for me overall. Banger though.

I was trying to work out why Gerry Cinnamon was so popular after seeing him at Glastonbury and it being the biggest crowd for the John Peel I've ever seen even though I'd never heard of him (seriously, have you seen his TRNSMTN set from this year?) And started singing that Belter tune ironically to my mates. Now I genuinely love it.

People like Courteeners and Gerry Cinnamon are basically perfect examples of how the crowd is probably the biggest factor in how enjoyable a gig is. To me there's nothing better than hearing a song belted out by the entire crowd at a gig and its a big reason why a lot of artists are so popular. Even if they're pretty average bands, the reaction from the crowd can make a gig 10 times better. In a similar way, a lot of people don't like The Hunna but their gigs have been some of my favourites mainly because of how into it the crowds are.

13 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Another one...

I do not, and have never, listen to 6 Music. Everyone radio in my house and car is tuned to Absolute, aka Radio Lammo, and I am fine with that. If anything I find it comforting.

Ditto.

I think Bush and Ritchie are hilarious and would take that over Steve Lamacq every day of the week.

Come at me. 

9 minutes ago, Chef said:

Ditto.

I think Bush and Ritchie are hilarious and would take that over Steve Lamacq every day of the week.

Come at me. 

I have a lot of time for Bush & Ritchie, used to love Christian O’Connell too. Not so much Dave Berry who just comes across as a bit of a git.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I have a lot of time for Bush & Ritchie, used to love Christian O’Connell too. Not so much Dave Berry who just comes across as a bit of a git.

Interesting. I could never get on with Bush on his own show, but now he's got Ritchie to bounce off it works much better.

Liked O'Connell, but they were going down the same road as Moyles with Comedy Dave where one person was the butt of all the jokes. 

Now I've got used to Berry's voice, I like their breakfast show. The dynamic between the four of them works really well. 

And obviously Frank Skinner on Saturdays.