Fitness for Glasto 2021

gigpusher

16 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

I never run with music, I love the silence feels like the only time I can get some peace.

I used to do that more, but I've quite enjoyed using it as a chance to listen to albums. Might go back to mixing it up now you've reminded me.

11 hours ago, Quark said:

Well that was fun. Just over 2 hrs for the half with a ton of hills, so pretty happy with that. Time to eat as much as humanly possible.

20210320_123519.jpg

20210320_122150.jpg

Screenshot_20210320-143905_Strava.jpg

Nice one! My last (and only my second) half was 2.20+ with over 1,000ft of elevation. For context I’m 50 and only started training for actual events 6months ago.

I’m hoping to take at least 20 minutes off my next half, which with the name ‘Waterfront Half’ you’d be correct to assume is pretty much dead flat. Bust out 10 mile run this morning and it felt great, so I’m hopeful I’ll hit my goal. 

On 3/14/2021 at 5:17 PM, deebeedoobee said:

Week end update. Almost half way through the month.  1800 in the bag and just £15 from my target. So if anyone would like to bung a couple of quid towards the charity (Royal Marsden cancer charity) I promise you will have good karma when ticket day arrives *

https://www.facebook.com/donate/172213441367321/?fundraiser_source=external_url

57517201-136B-4631-95CB-F7EE4C00F255.thumb.jpeg.83407d6fb6b797045a94922f1bea7419.jpeg

* the value of your karma may rise and fall throughout the year. The management accepts no responsibility for your investment 

Done! Been a bit absent recently, so it's great to check back in and see you're all smashing your goals/getting back on it. 

You're all boss.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Done! Been a bit absent recently, so it's great to check back in and see you're all smashing your goals/getting back on it. 

You're all boss.

Thank you so much! It really is appreciated. I'll update everyone later today once ive got off my fat chuff and completed today's sit ups. But safe to say i should be completing around mid week. 

Well it must have been your donation @Superscally but I have just smashed out 250 sit ups and finished !! 3,000 done and £340 donated.

Thank you to each and every one of you who have donated. 💕The collective money raised so far is just over £250,000!!!
Still 10 days to go. soooooo...I pledge to do 1,000 MORE sit ups if my donations get to £400. Only £60 to go....who's gonna help me get there? Chuck a fiver this way instead of a pint and I'll get the round in when we next meet.  ❤ If the money goes over £400 I’ll do a weighted sit up for each £1 over.

84D3C61F-0B25-447C-AD2F-2D72EDEDAB42.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Well it must have been your donation @Superscally but I have just smashed out 250 sit ups and finished !! 3,000 done and £340 donated.

Thank you to each and every one of you who have donated. 💕The collective money raised so far is just over £250,000!!!
Still 10 days to go. soooooo...I pledge to do 1,000 MORE sit ups if my donations get to £400. Only £60 to go....who's gonna help me get there? Chuck a fiver this way instead of a pint and I'll get the round in when we next meet.  ❤ If the money goes over £400 I’ll do a weighted sit up for each £1 over.

thought I'd better donate too.

Well done! V impressive.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

thought I'd better donate too.

Well done! V impressive.

Cheers steviewevie. That is mint, thank you. Future ticket karma heading your way. I'm so humbled by the support I've had from you all. The Royal Marsden Hospital charity is going to do such great things with this money.

I've just signed up for about five football matches next week.

My knee seems to be behaving, but I've not been for a jog since the gym closed to rest it. I've been exercising seven times a week, with three boxercise classes per week as my cardio (plus two core and two weights workouts). I have no doubt whatsoever that this is not going to cut it once I try and run after a football!

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Back to no music tonight, just birds and a bit of traffic. Good call 🙂

👌

On 3/21/2021 at 2:23 PM, deebeedoobee said:

Have it! 

Edited by Superscally

Proper buzzing tonight! Smashed 2:42 off my 10km PB 🙂

So when I started running after we finished our covid quarantine in Jan, that was the start of the first remotely consistent cardio work I'd done since September.

That was 10 weeks ago and over the last 4 weeks, capped off tonight, that's the trinity of PBs for 5km, 10km and half marathon.

Proper happy with that. Not even a humblebrag! 😄

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Proper buzzing tonight! Smashed 2:42 off my 10km PB 🙂

So when I started running after we finished our covid quarantine in Jan, that was the start of the first remotely consistent cardio work I'd done since September.

That was 10 weeks ago and over the last 4 weeks, capped off tonight, that's the trinity of PBs for 5km, 10km and half marathon.

Proper happy with that. Not even a humblebrag! 😄

Great effort mate, love the feeling of shaving a few seconds off a PB but 2:42 has smashed it. Only trouble is it will be harder to beat the new PB! 
Beat my 10km PB last weekend by 15 seconds after starting out steady but just got into a good rhythm. Hoping to step up the frequency of runs now the mornings are getting lighter so few more PBs in my sights avoiding injury

4 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I’m convinced Public Service Broadcasting’s - Race for Space album is the best running music and I won’t be told otherwise.

Totally agree! For my last half marathon I made a playlist that was basically 3 Public Service Broadcasting albums strung together.