Campervans

gmb1992

Right I am a bit confused now. I needed two east general campervan tickets and managed to get them. Obviously in two consecutive transactions. Now I am starting  to worry as the conditions (if read in a certain way) suggest that I need to be in both vans, which is obviously nonsense. We will be arriving together so that is surely enough to show that I haven’t sold it on? They wouldn’t have sold me two if I couldn’t use two surely….?

13 minutes ago, Blisterpack said:

Right I am a bit confused now. I needed two east general campervan tickets and managed to get them. Obviously in two consecutive transactions. Now I am starting  to worry as the conditions (if read in a certain way) suggest that I need to be in both vans, which is obviously nonsense. We will be arriving together so that is surely enough to show that I haven’t sold it on? They wouldn’t have sold me two if I couldn’t use two surely….?

If you’re arriving together you will have no issues at all. I don’t even recall when I last had the van ticket name compared with the ticket name. 

1 hour ago, Blisterpack said:

There's never been a check to stop people buying multiple CV tickets, albeit one at a time. If you enter the lane going down to the gates at the same time (helps to have 1/2 and 2/2 showing in the front) you'll be able to easily show you're together and use the 2 tickets under your name. You won't have a problem because you're with both vehicles.

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, donshakey said:

Anybody know a good nearby campsite for the Monday night? Will have my motorhome and a friend towing a caravn so not sure a local pub car park will do.

No, but pitchup and searchforsites should show some spots or farmers' fields to use, I use them for general overnight stops.

2 hours ago, donshakey said:

Anybody know a good nearby campsite for the Monday night? Will have my motorhome and a friend towing a caravn so not sure a local pub car park will do.

Brooke House Inn, Castle Cary or Cross Keys, Lydford en Fosse both have campsites that you can book for a night. 🙂

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Ducky89 said:

Long shot - but would anyone have a spare camper van ticket?

We have 3 small boys 4/3/1 and can’t really manage the festival without taking the caravan. Waaahhhh!

They're not transferable, but there will be some in the resale, which I think is April - ish

3 minutes ago, clarkete said:

They're not transferable, but there will be some in the resale, which I think is April - ish

Unfortunately if we can’t source a camper van ticket we will have to hand our tickets back in ahead of the resale 😞

Don’t think I’ve ever had them cross check names on camper van ticket and actually ticket, so happy to take the chance if it means we can go

8 hours ago, Ducky89 said:

Unfortunately if we can’t source a camper van ticket we will have to hand our tickets back in ahead of the resale 😞

Don’t think I’ve ever had them cross check names on camper van ticket and actually ticket, so happy to take the chance if it means we can go

You may as well pay the balance and then try to source a camper ticket in the resale. Anyone can cancel a Glasto ticket up until some time in May for a £25 admin fee per ticket. That’s got to be preferable to abandoning going ahead of the resale? I think there is a good chance you’d get a Bath & West one in the resale.

But equally, I’ve never known a name be checked on a camper ticket either, so if someone does have a spare one…

22 hours ago, Ducky89 said:

There are always plenty in the resale and often after up until about June so you will have no problem getting them.