NFR NFC for 2020

deebeedoobee

15 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

I was there for my son's wedding, he's lived there for years and is now a US citizen. 

Ah, I've got a few friends in New York with dual citizenship. 

We (myself and around 30 friends) went over for a wedding back in 2004, for my best friends brother's wedding. My best friend spent a few years over there playing football; his brother is coach. Anyway, we went over and we got speaking to some girls and loosely kept in touch. Flash forward to Christmas Eve 2012, one of my friends phones us and tells us he is engaged to one of the Americans we'd met all those years earlier! He had stayed in touch and been over a few times to see her. He then moved over there without a green card but there was some kind of legal loophole about if he wasn't caught. Then he married her, and now has three children, a house on Long Island and runs a bar! 

12 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Ah, I've got a few friends in New York with dual citizenship. 

We (myself and around 30 friends) went over for a wedding back in 2004, for my best friends brother's wedding. My best friend spent a few years over there playing football; his brother is coach. Anyway, we went over and we got speaking to some girls and loosely kept in touch. Flash forward to Christmas Eve 2012, one of my friends phones us and tells us he is engaged to one of the Americans we'd met all those years earlier! He had stayed in touch and been over a few times to see her. He then moved over there without a green card but there was some kind of legal loophole about if he wasn't caught. Then he married her, and now has three children, a house on Long Island and runs a bar! 

It's always strange how life's path twists and turns and takes us to unexpected places.

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

It's never a good day!

My eldest started school today too. Absolutely gut wrenching.

Ahh bless. I bet there's a lot of that going round.... I spoke to my baby Ruby and she had a good day.. 

On a lighter, /serious, /happy note 

A year ago today my baby Eliza heart stopped for 20 minutes but she's still here.. Today we were trying to teach her to wave but it may take time lol.. But when she smiles she's bloody cute as fuck.. 

IMG_20190814_133150589.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Superb!! I must get out to the forest. It's been ages! Hey maybe we could od lunch one weekend if we find a free weekend!! 

Next time we're out I'll pm you and we can arrange for picanic 

Yes 

PicAnic 

Lol

Edited by guypjfreak

Not sure we will have picAnic weather at Pilton Party tomorrow night. Soggy beer ? will be drunk none the less. Ah well, I will have seen my 396th band of 2019. Looks like I’ll easily break the 400 Mark this year as I still have a festival and a few gigs booked.

happy Thursday everyone. It’s friday eve and time to celebrate something, anything, nothing.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Pissed 

Yakk yak yak 

Hello guy.

Not sure if your question was aimed at me, or not. On the proviso that it was then the answer would have been 'Yes'. Somehow, due to good fortune, the answer still remains correct. Very merrily bolloxed, this end. 

All the best to you and yours. :)

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello guy.

Not sure if your question was aimed at me, or not. On the proviso that it was then the answer would have been 'Yes'. Somehow, due to good fortune, the answer still remains correct. Very merrily bolloxed, this end. 

All the best to you and yours. :)

Lol 

That was just me saying that I was pissed.. But glad your merrily bolloxed.. Hope you all get merrily bolloxed in fact.. 

So funny quick story 

Down pub yesterday I was telling my good lady that she couldn't do something on her birthday cos I wanted to take her out to see a band.... Plastic Mermaids.... Anyway unbeknown to me.... And luckily.... She checked it out and found that the gig was 3 years ago.. 

.. I'm not good with these things lol ask Dee and digger.. At boom they had to tell when the thing finished lol

Had an excellent evening at the Pilton Party last night ... I went with 2 friends one of which I posted on here a while back that I had fallen out with about Glastonbury payment .... this was about 4 years ago ... Anyway last night without prompting and without the subject being mentioned for a few years he paid off his debt ... that made my night ... the act of doing it more than the actual money :) hangover today but an old friend returned to the fold . My best friends wife also on the mend after open heart surgery so he came along last  night for a bit of a release .... bring on Tday :) have a great weekend everyone 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

All excellent news @crazyfool1

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm currently sat in a kids play area (with kids I add!) but they seem to be rocking a Glastonbury '19 playlist: The Killers, The Cure and Miley we've had so far!