NFR NFC for 2020

deebeedoobee

I'm glad all are doing well. 

Sorry to hear about recent events @crazyfool1

Thanks @dizzymoo, @Funkyfairy! et al. Feeling much more positive at the moment.

I'm jealous of everyone's current festival attendances, I really want to be at Boomtown next week but value my life as I genuinely think my wife would kill me if I went. ? 

I've spent this week just outside of London with the kids and my nephew - visited Legoland, Chessington etc. It's been a great few days but tiring! 

On a plus note, my family are now at the point where they presume I'm going to Glastonbury - so I just need to sort the time off and get tickets... In that order! 

I hope you all have a brilliant weekend. 

Take care! 

Jeez, bit of a rough time all round by the sounds of it :(

I'd send squiddy hugs, but I'd be concerned by the possibility of ink related mishaps. So I'll settle for normal ones and the obligatory dose of good vibes.

Feeling a bit bereft of festivals myself Vintage. After going last year I'd really toyed with the idea of taking myself off to Beautiful Days on my tod for a few days, but a wedding put the kibosh on that. Pretty booked up until end of Sep, so that's it for me. Will have to console myself with gigs instead!

15 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

I love the idea of squidy hugs - all those arms! 

Have your feet recovered @Curlygirl?

I am sure that Suidgy squiddy hugs are amazing

Was teaching 2.5 year old Tilly differnt fish the other evening and pointed to a cuttlefish in her book - she explained that's a Cuddlefish !

A cuddlefish is now my favourite fish for sure :-)

4 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I am sure that Suidgy squiddy hugs are amazing

Was teaching 2.5 year old Tilly differnt fish the other evening and pointed to a cuttlefish in her book - she explained that's a Cuddlefish !

A cuddlefish is now my favourite fish for sure ?

Cuddlefish! That's lovely! that's made me smile :) Thank you for sharing! 

I drove back from by London yesterday, only to discover my daughters bag (with medication) had been left in a services on the M6 toll. So promptly had to do a five hour round trip to get it! Fun times.?

I discovered that the Coke energy drink is foul anyway!! 

Morning all, back to work I go today. @dizzymoo my feet are better thank you. I’ve been really rough this week, had a stinking cold and tummy issues. I’m starting to think I’m getting too old for all of this hardcore partying. My next fest is just a day ticket to Leeds so I’m going to do it sober and see how I get on. That will be a novelty ?

On 8/3/2019 at 10:16 AM, vintagelaureate said:

I drove back from by London yesterday, only to discover my daughters bag (with medication) had been left in a services on the M6 toll. So promptly had to do a five hour round trip to get it! Fun times.?

I discovered that the Coke energy drink is foul anyway!! 

Bloody hell old son.. Never ends ah.... Full time baby Eliza sitting now.. Well 4 sometimes 5 days a week.. Very tired but she's so determined and that gives us hope.... 

It was abit hot at CB but WE are learning.. Maybe glastonbury for my last one next year.. Would not have thought that 8 months ago lol

9 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Bloody hell old son.. Never ends ah.... Full time baby Eliza sitting now.. Well 4 sometimes 5 days a week.. Very tired but she's so determined and that gives us hope.... 

It was abit hot at CB but WE are learning.. Maybe glastonbury for my last one next year.. Would not have thought that 8 months ago lol

How many times have you had your final Glastonbury Guy? :lol:

9 hours ago, lucyginger said:

The "Is this Guy's last Glastonbury" debate needs it's own thread! :)

It could be like Lindisfarne's  'farewell tour', which I believe has been going since the 1980's.

Glad your feet have recovered @Curlygirl. I have a tiny bit of festivalling left, including Cropredy 'fringe' this weekend, which largely consists of a few bands playing at one pub.  But I can catch The Bar Steward Sons of Val Doonican for free, having missed them at Glasto. Then a day at Victorious with my bestie who doesn't do staying at festivals.  Then 2 weeks in Cornwall for our first holiday in 15 years outside school holidays.  Then the bit I don't want to think about, which (assuming he gets the grades) will be youngest leaving for uni. I know it's our job as parents to prepare them to leave, but why does it have to happen just as they get more civilised and interesting?

13 hours ago, lucyginger said:

The "Is this Guy's last Glastonbury" debate needs it's own thread! :)

Yakkkk yak yak lol.. 

I'm made up.. My friend who's very ill is at boom.. This we all know will be his last ever festival and he's fucking doing it I'm so chuffed and sad at the same time.. 

He's in his buggy which we've had sprayed VOID red.. The fucking old sons go out in style.. 

Hope to see you Lucy girl.. Definitely going to be at prodigy tribute gig and dreadzone and Lucy and anyone else if you want to see a fucking good punk band I'll also be with my friends the sporadics who are playing the bunker at 2am if I remember correctly.. 

My brother has a stage I'll try and remember the name and post tomo before I go.. 

Leaving 10.30 ish.. 

Stay safe.. Enjoy and fuck those nerve-wracking anxiety fuckers into a corner... Yeeessss old son. 

See you on the other side.. 

Ps.. Brothers stage thing is the Freak Boutique.. Come check it out.. If you see VOID we're there.. If you see VOID top ask then and they'll tell you where I am.. Tribal forest..... 

I yak on. Must go sleep.. Valium calls 

Night.. Out.. 

G

Edited by guypjfreak
  • Upvote 1

What an absolutely bonkers few weeks it been ... as well as the 2 deaths I mentioned last week , one of my friends dads has died from asbestosis , my best mate got back from the farm yesterday for his wife hospital appointment and her aorta is massively enlarged and she needs an op in Birmingham they've got two young kids so that's going to be a nightmare for him , and to top it all I've just been told my cousin is becoming a catholic priest !!..... makes me feel fortunate 

17 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

What an absolutely bonkers few weeks it been ... as well as the 2 deaths I mentioned last week , one of my friends dads has died from asbestosis , my best mate got back from the farm yesterday for his wife hospital appointment and her aorta is massively enlarged and she needs an op in Birmingham they've got two young kids so that's going to be a nightmare for him , and to top it all I've just been told my cousin is becoming a catholic priest !!..... makes me feel fortunate 

Oh my goodness, it's all happening for you, hope your mates wife is all ok and she gets better soon.   Take care

2 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Hello lovely people I have wonderful news. Youngest got A*A*A!! Both he and his girlfriend have got their places at Leeds, and their friend's got his at York.  Very happy.

Hope life is being kind to you all.

Brilliant - congratulations! I bet you're absolutely delighted. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Brilliant - congratulations! I bet you're absolutely delighted. 

Thanks Vintage yes we're all extremely happy bunnies. Obviously uni will be a whole new set of stresses but he's overcome so much, and learned more self acceptance than most of us ever will. And he's shown up the people who said he would fail for the idiots they are. As you can see I'm completely over that now....