NFR NFC for 2020

deebeedoobee

6 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Hello lovely people I have wonderful news. Youngest got A*A*A!! Both he and his girlfriend have got their places at Leeds, and their friend's got his at York.  Very happy.

Hope life is being kind to you all.

That's terrifically good news to hear. Fair play to your son overcoming his hurdles / battles. And fair play to you as a family supporting him all the way. Nice one dizzymoo. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Hello lovely people I have wonderful news. Youngest got A*A*A!! Both he and his girlfriend have got their places at Leeds, and their friend's got his at York.  Very happy.

Hope life is being kind to you all.

Bloody hellfire Dizzy that's amazing!  After the long slog that's an outstanding result!

On 8/8/2019 at 5:40 PM, crazyfool1 said:

What an absolutely bonkers few weeks it been ... as well as the 2 deaths I mentioned last week , one of my friends dads has died from asbestosis , my best mate got back from the farm yesterday for his wife hospital appointment and her aorta is massively enlarged and she needs an op in Birmingham they've got two young kids so that's going to be a nightmare for him , and to top it all I've just been told my cousin is becoming a catholic priest !!..... makes me feel fortunate 

That, on the other hand, sounds like further poo upon poo.  Crap times mate, but you're right; times like that do make you take a look and be grateful for what you've got. Bit of a cliche, but very true.

And hope you enjoyed Boomtown @guypjfreak, sounds like you're giving him a sendoff and a half.  Dreadzone's definitely the way to do it :)

Happy Friday everyone!

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, lucyginger said:

I’ve got toothache and am off my nut a bit on codeine. Happy Sunday, everyone! Dentist for me tomorrow! Ugh!! 

Lol same as.... Only I've got shed loads of painkillers. But broke my tooth at boom on some crackling.. Whilst talking to si and Debs.. Dentist tomorrow 8.45........ Hate dentist.. Lol

Hi gang. I accidentally ended up at a festival on Sunday. My mate rang me last minute asking if I wanted free tickets! I didn’t think twice and was walking through the festival gates within an hour. First non drinking festival and you know what? It was bloody amazing. James performed like I’ve never seen before. Tim was throwing out all kinds of shapes. The 2 12 hour shifts that followed were brutal ?

@dizzymoo that is amazing news!! Your son has done so brilliantly. Good luck to him and his gf 

On 8/18/2019 at 7:32 PM, guypjfreak said:

Lol same as.... Only I've got shed loads of painkillers. But broke my tooth at boom on some crackling.. Whilst talking to si and Debs.. Dentist tomorrow 8.45........ Hate dentist.. Lol

Oh no! That's not good! Hope you got it sorted? Mine is an abscess. UGH. Two lots of antibiotics for me, I feel peculiar! 

10 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Been seen done... No injections just buzzzzzz fill and out... Bumped into a couple of friends and had a quick pint lol

Got baby Eliza asleep on floor now.. Got her for 4 nights.. No real change unfortunately but beautiful all the same 

1566505870107908645740.jpg

• Upvote 1

This time two years ago I was desperately dashing home up the M5 after cutting our holiday short due to my wife's back pain. Unbeknownst to us she was actually in labour, prematurely, and soon after dropping her off at the hospital at 3am (with her auntie!) I got a phone call to return. 

As some of you know, we had been told to expect the worst. Since the 20 week scan we had been consistently told our child mightn't survive birth, and if they did mightn't feel emotion, mightn't be able to move, mightn't even recognise us. She was born just after 5am and spent the first few weeks in ICU and then under hospice care as the doctors believed she wouldn't be able to get home. 

Well she did. 

Two years later, as she reaches her second birthday she continues to astound and defy. 

She is the strongest person I've have ever known, despite countless surgeries and hospital stays she keeps smiling and pushing on. She can now stand supported and has started to say a few words, and she has a smile that melts hearts. 

I just wanted to say a little thank you (and offer a little update) to the people on here who have read my ramblings and offered support along the way. The journey is far from over; her conditions are life long but you'll never know how much a kind word or a reassuring presence helped (heck, helps) me through a day. 

I hope everyone is well and no matter how bad things get keep fighting the fight. 

Take care.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

This time two years ago I was desperately dashing home up the M5 after cutting our holiday short due to my wife's back pain. Unbeknownst to us she was actually in labour, prematurely, and soon after dropping her off at the hospital at 3am (with her auntie!) I got a phone call to return. 

As some of you know, we had been told to expect the worst. Since the 20 week scan we had been consistently told our child mightn't survive birth, and if they did mightn't feel emotion, mightn't be able to move, mightn't even recognise us. She was born just after 5am and spent the first few weeks in ICU and then under hospice care as the doctors believed she wouldn't be able to get home. 

Well she did. 

Two years later, as she reaches her second birthday she continues to astound and defy. 

She is the strongest person I've have ever known, despite countless surgeries and hospital stays she keeps smiling and pushing on. She can now stand supported and has started to say a few words, and she has a smile that melts hearts. 

I just wanted to say a little thank you (and offer a little update) to the people on here who have read my ramblings and offered support along the way. The journey is far from over; her conditions are life long but you'll never know how much a kind word or a reassuring presence helped (heck, helps) me through a day. 

I hope everyone is well and no matter how bad things get keep fighting the fight. 

Take care.

Really good news ... you commented the other day about my positivity when it comes to ticket buying ... but that pails into insignificance when I compare it to what you guys with kids must go through and the strength you show .... It also shows the wonders of the NHS too .. so a big thanks to any involved ... as said earlier my friends wife has just had 12 hour heart surgery and is now on ICU but she's through the op and getting stronger so fingers crossed ... and for those on here too x 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Well she did. 

Take care.

Nicely put old son.. Baby Eliza had a bad day today but she's a little miracle and when I get a smile from her it's beautiful.. 

IMG_20190814_133150589.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Long Rd to travel but as TALK TALK said LIFE'S WHAT YOU MAKE IT.. 

SO MUCH THIS. So much. 

Everyone has “stuff” to deal with, sort through, work out. It’s so fucking brilliant that we have this place to vent/rant about anything and everything. 

Life is sometimes a very tricky mistress, and having somewhere to share things is awesome. 

This is probably sounding a lot more heavy than intended! What I mean is, you’re all brilliant, lurkers included (yes, you!) so let’s all have a big group cuddle and carry on! 

• Like 1

Hi All,

Not been on here for a few weeks - general stuff and then son's wedding in LA.  

@guypjfreak the girls look great, one tiny smile can mean so much. I hope the tooth's better now.

@vintagelaureate great news that your little girl is making such good progress. Where was the picture taken - that looks fabulous?

@dizzymoo terrific news with the exam results.

All of our children can achieve goals and even when those achievements may be as seemingly inconsequential as a smile or a word or something potentially charting a course for a future life like exam results then the pride felt by a parent/grandparent is the same. Virtual group cuddle to you all.

I'm off to End of the Road this coming weekend, really looking forward to it as I haven't done anything since Glastonbury - missed out on Womad because of work and then in LA for Green Man.

• Upvote 1

Tooth sorted 

Baby Eliza has just left to go home with mum and dad who had fun at Reading festival.. Lovely 5 days tho.. But I'm sure she's more happy at her home than here with us.... You have to try and make staying with your grandparents a special thing imo.. Probably cos both me and the wife never had that.. But we're solid me and the wife so we're lucky and can do it any time.. 

Nowadays tho the kids have to go to work so if its a single parent or even if it's a couple they have to work especially if they want to get on the ladder etc.. So there's mums, dad's, and grandparents all over the country looking after kid and grandkids.. 

And I take my hat off to each and every one of them....