NFR NFC for 2020

deebeedoobee

1 hour ago, Seldom Seen Kid said:

Gorgeous photo CG!

I'm off to London tomorrow for an unexpected day out and praying I can have at least one adventure this year that doesn't get screwed up by heatstroke.

Have fab weekends you lovely people.

Have a fab day in that there London Pet. See you next week ? x

Afternoon all

Today I have secured presale tickets to see Stereophonics (the day before the editors in manchester  thanks to a lovely efester, sheffield followed by manchester thats a busy weekend  ) and Sam Fender in London 4 weeks later.

Best I start saving for flights - this for me is tres exciting - 3 gigs in 4 weeks - roll on Feb/March :-)

Just hoping I haven;t used up all my luck on the ticket front  - eeekkkk

FF

xxx

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Afternoon all

Today I have secured presale tickets to see Stereophonics (the day before the editors in manchester  thanks to a lovely efester, sheffield followed by manchester thats a busy weekend  ) and Sam Fender in London 4 weeks later.

Best I start saving for flights - this for me is tres exciting - 3 gigs in 4 weeks - roll on Feb/March :-)

Just hoping I haven;t used up all my luck on the ticket front  - eeekkkk

FF

xxx

Sounds perfect to break up the winter ... nice little warm up for festival season! Going to gigs for you must be expensive when factoring in flights, transfers and hotel, so I get why it's tres exciting.

26 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Sounds perfect to break up the winter ... nice little warm up for festival season! Going to gigs for you must be expensive when factoring in flights, transfers and hotel, so I get why it's tres exciting.

It is :-( so really really have to pick and choose what I want to do ... and probably only a couple a year , but Editors and Stereophonics all in one weekend is just too good an opportunity to miss. Stereophonics presale was a nerve wracking experience this morning, phone and laptop, crashing website, page not displayed, error 404, payment crashing before I finally for a confirmation page , and then ended up with two confirmation mails with different refererence numbers (even though the presale code was one use only), .... so ended up with 8 tickets, emailed sandbag (truely worse than seetickets/ticketmaster  by miles) and theyve refunded one lot already = 32 minutes of refreshing and crashing and my nerves were shot- but good practice :-)

18 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

It is ? so really really have to pick and choose what I want to do ... and probably only a couple a year , but Editors and Stereophonics all in one weekend is just too good an opportunity to miss. Stereophonics presale was a nerve wracking experience this morning, phone and laptop, crashing website, page not displayed, error 404, payment crashing before I finally for a confirmation page , and then ended up with two confirmation mails with different refererence numbers (even though the presale code was one use only), .... so ended up with 8 tickets, emailed sandbag (truely worse than seetickets/ticketmaster  by miles) and theyve refunded one lot already = 32 minutes of refreshing and crashing and my nerves were shot- but good practice ?

Do you get anything in the way of gigs over there FF?

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Do you get anything in the way of gigs over there FF?

We get some, but with only 100K people on the island , they are expensive and smaller artists. We have one company thats trying hard to bring artists over - eg James Morrison next month, but tickets are £45 , as the largest indoor venue we have I think holds 2K , so we get initmate indoor gigs that cost quite a lot. Human League last year again £40

Summer is better with a few outdoor mini (and not so mini) festivals - the largest being Weekender 10K capacity and this year headlined by Bastille and Clean Bandit with Tom Grennan, Lewis Capaldi, Deacon Blue, - totaly about 14 acts over 2 days with then a dance stage and a local stage as well. This year also had a new little local festival with a real mixed one day line up (only 4 acts) including Dead5aus, 10CC and the kooks but from memory the tickets were £70+ (or maybe more I can;t remember and didn;t go), so in a nutshell yeah we certainly do well for a little islnd but its off island for the majority of people we want to see so pick and choose , but do try to support the local stuff else it won;t be here !

Hey Folks. I had a wonderful walk around the farm yesterday. I was so lovely to see it again out of festival season! And a good old catch up with the piltonites  ^_^. The laptop has now been updated and all details for tomorrow are in Notepad++. Surprisingly I'm not as nervous as usual. 

2 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Hey Folks. I had a wonderful walk around the farm yesterday. I was so lovely to see it again out of festival season! And a good old catch up with the piltonites  ^_^. The laptop has now been updated and all details for tomorrow are in Notepad++. Surprisingly I'm not as nervous as usual. 

It was lovely to have you lovely. See you in June...it’s a defi?nite 

1 minute ago, deebeedoobee said:

It was lovely to have you lovely. See you in June...it’s a defi?nite 

Thank you so much for letting me stay. I had a fantastic day and night! I'm a bit shattered after getting stuck in Bristol for 2 hours though... Maybe i left at the wrong time haha