NFR NFC for 2020

deebeedoobee

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

its a conspiracy ... congratulations : ) 

It is a conspiracy old son... I know I say it every year but this is the last glastonbury I'm going to... Going to beautiful days by the look of it but no boom.. 

5 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I could not cope with being at work so well done you! I always take this week off work as I can't concentrate. Good luck to you too Sundance... and apt name for this thread ☺️

I hear you got lucky! Well done! We didn’t even come close. Feeling sicker than ever for Sunday ? hoping that my fellow efesters faired better than we did x

42 minutes ago, Sundance said:

I hear you got lucky! Well done! We didn’t even come close. Feeling sicker than ever for Sunday ? hoping that my fellow efesters faired better than we did x

I did thanx to @noplacelikehome and mr noplacelikehome!! I only know of me, guy and crazyfool that were succesful from people i know. That was brutal!! 

Hi gang,

Popping back in now that the dust has settled after the coach sale. No joy my end....yet.

Congrats to all in this thread who got tickets. Standing by the battle stations for Sunday!

Quick prayer and sacrificial contribution to the weather deities and NFR apostles in hopes they shall grant us with everlasting sunshine

(and a Glastonbury 2020 ticket more importantly!!!)

yep I sorted a friend and his son out with first choice wednesday and Taunton ....im feeling a little more confident with some helpers recruited today ... my boss is in our ticket group and hes going to be grabbing as many people as possible from work on sunday and trying for our group .... so if anyone wants to offer help .... it would be very kind of you guys to send it in @vintagelaureate s direction ....

1 hour ago, pentura said:

Hi gang,

Popping back in now that the dust has settled after the coach sale. No joy my end....yet.

Congrats to all in this thread who got tickets. Standing by the battle stations for Sunday!

Quick prayer and sacrificial contribution to the weather deities and NFR apostles in hopes they shall grant us with everlasting sunshine

(and a Glastonbury 2020 ticket more importantly!!!)

Sorry to hear you were unsuccessful again Pentura... wishing you all of the luck on Sunday. Have you recruited lots of helpers? 

20 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

yep I sorted a friend and his son out with first choice wednesday and Taunton ....im feeling a little more confident with some helpers recruited today ... my boss is in our ticket group and hes going to be grabbing as many people as possible from work on sunday and trying for our group .... so if anyone wants to offer help .... it would be very kind of you guys to send it in @vintagelaureate s direction ....

I’ll be helping Dotty’s group I’m afraid, then there’s the other 10, and my mates 4 to get in. Good luck tho dude. 

5 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Anyone know (its probably been asked a million times already) how many coach tickets there are (including the increase) vs General admission?

There were 22,000 last year.

IF the festival has chosen to use the full increase available to them under the licence, then it'll go up to 29,000. But my suspicion is that they've not used much, if any of it.

2 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Thank you, - so 5 times the tickets that thursday but equally a shed load of people trying although I only have to look at my groups of friends and so many more of them tried last night than in previous years (to give themselves that extra chance)

Yea, more people trying but there will be 22,000-29,000 from last night no longer needing to try as well so there is a little bit of optimism with me now :) 

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

Sorry to hear you were unsuccessful again Pentura... wishing you all of the luck on Sunday. Have you recruited lots of helpers? 

Thanks CG! Glad to hear you got sorted! 

We have our first group trying and hopefully a second group on standby if they are successful before us. And vice-verse if we get through.

Missing the farm terribly so I will be exploring volunteering options if the worst comes on Sunday. No way am I missing another year! 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, pentura said:

Thanks CG! Glad to hear you got sorted! 

We have our first group trying and hopefully a second group on standby if they are successful before us. And vice-verse if we get through.

Missing the farm terribly so I will be exploring volunteering options if the worst comes on Sunday. No way am I missing another year! 

Do you know anyone that can recommend you? I had a look on the recycling crew fb page and they've said they will only be accepting people that are recommended by someone that has worked for them before as they have many returnees already for next year and limited spaces. I have no idea what the charities are like this year. Everyone want's to go for the 50th. 

Oh, and thank you.

Edited by Curlygirl

10 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Do you know anyone that can recommend you? I had a look on the recycling crew fb page and they've said they will only be accepting people that are recommended by someone that has worked for them before as they have many returnees already for next year and limited spaces. I have no idea what the charities are like this year. Everyone want's to go for the 50th. 

Oh, and thank you.

Hmm now that I think of it, I don't know anyone personally who has done it. I know Oxfam stewarding applications open in the new year and they take a number of new applicants so I will try then providing Sunday doesn't go according to plan. I figure places will get snapped up early so best be quick with it! 

Just now, pentura said:

Hmm now that I think of it, I don't know anyone personally who has done it. I know Oxfam stewarding applications open in the new year and they take a number of new applicants so I will try then providing Sunday doesn't go according to plan. I figure places will get snapped up early so best be quick with it! 

There's litter picking but I don't know how that's sorted out. 6-12 noon each day.

15 minutes ago, carlosj said:

There's litter picking but I don't know how that's sorted out. 6-12 noon each day.

Fairly rough hours every day but worth it in the end I suppose. Will explore all options once Sunday is over. I did sign up for numerous roles in 2013 after the resale. Didn't get offered a place but did get extremely lucky in the secret resale thankfully. Still got some hope for Sunday! 

41 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Oh, and thank you.

Is being recommended required for litter picking do you know, or is it just stewarding positions etc ?

Are the litter picking places easier to get than the stewarding ones etc ?