NFR NFC for 2020

deebeedoobee

2 hours ago, incident said:

There were 22,000 last year.

IF the festival has chosen to use the full increase available to them under the licence, then it'll go up to 29,000. But my suspicion is that they've not used much, if any of it.

why would they not ? 7000 extra bus tickets was over 2 million in the coffers wasn't it ? 

23 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

why would they not ? 7000 extra bus tickets was over 2 million in the coffers wasn't it ? 

Because they'd need to make available a suitable of extra public camping space - which is easier said than done.

2 hours ago, AvalonLover1964 said:

Is being recommended required for litter picking do you know, or is it just stewarding positions etc ?

Are the litter picking places easier to get than the stewarding ones etc ? 

It appears for litterpicking with the recycling team you need to be recommended. It’s on their fb page. I don’t know about the charities I’m afraid. 

2 hours ago, AvalonLover1964 said:

Ok thanks for that ?.

How long are the shifts and do you get to choose what days you work ?

0600-1200 Friday to Monday litterpicking. Any hours emptying bins or recycling centre. Also paid work in the recycling centre after the festival... I believe. I only know the 0600-1200 for certain. You don’t get to choose the days. They tell you. You can ask which team you want to be on when you apply. 

7 hours ago, AvalonLover1964 said:

Is being recommended required for litter picking do you know, or is it just stewarding positions etc ?

Are the litter picking places easier to get than the stewarding ones etc ? 

Water Aid has a much bigger role now. They open for applications in the new year. 

16 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Afternoon folks. How are you all? I know I'm personally sorted but I'm still so anxious about tomorrow. I woke up in such a panic this morning thinking it was Sunday. 

I've gone very pessimistic on it. One of my friends is highly confident but he hasn't really seen the situation online. 

My friend is a mathematician and based on approximate numbers, previous sales, coach etc. - he reckons there is a 1 in 24 chance of getting a ticket. 

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

I've gone very pessimistic on it. One of my friends is highly confident but he hasn't really seen the situation online. 

My friend is a mathematician and based on approximate numbers, previous sales, coach etc. - he reckons there is a 1 in 24 chance of getting a ticket. 

Is the highly confident one a newbie? Sounds like the first time Emma came to Tday HQ, she breezed in like a young gazelle all full of 'It'll be fine, don't worry', and left looking like she'd ran a marathon in a 1958 deep sea diving suit. I look back and laugh at that day.

As for your other mate, can you ask him to do a recalculation please? I don't like those odds!

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Afternoon folks. How are you all? I know I'm personally sorted but I'm still so anxious about tomorrow. I woke up in such a panic this morning thinking it was Sunday. 

Very nervous!! Trying to keep the confidence up but after Thursday's debacle it's hard

Holding out hope still! Tested out another tethered 4G connection from my work phone last night which seemed to be a much better connection than that on my own mobile on Thursday. Could be something, could be nothing! 

6 minutes ago, pentura said:

Very nervous!! Trying to keep the confidence up but after Thursday's debacle it's hard

Holding out hope still! Tested out another tethered 4G connection from my work phone last night which seemed to be a much better connection than that on my own mobile on Thursday. Could be something, could be nothing! 

It could be the difference between going or not.

I have always managed to get a coach ticket prior to general since they started doing it that way, so I have no idea how you all must be feeling right now! I don't think I could cope with any more stress. Thoughts and best wishes to all of you x

7 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

It could be the difference between going or not.

I have always managed to get a coach ticket prior to general since they started doing it that way, so I have no idea how you all must be feeling right now! I don't think I could cope with any more stress. Thoughts and best wishes to all of you x

Yeah exactly! Every little helps

We got general sale in 2010 and pretty much started getting coach tix from 2011 - 2016. Some cases we had to go for coach resale so will be interesting if we get lucky tomorrow. It's so much easier for us getting the coach as we dont have to worry about organising other transport. 

Best of luck to all tomorrow

Peas and love x

39 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Is the highly confident one a newbie? Sounds like the first time Emma came to Tday HQ, she breezed in like a young gazelle all full of 'It'll be fine, don't worry', and left looking like she'd ran a marathon in a 1958 deep sea diving suit. I look back and laugh at that day.

As for your other mate, can you ask him to do a recalculation please? I don't like those odds!

Oh no, he has been a few times but never failed in a sale. He has always gotten through himself too, although last year was beaten to the actual purchase. 

We have no newbies in my six this time, but we do have one who hasn't been for a good few years.

13 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Oh no, he has been a few times but never failed in a sale. He has always gotten through himself too, although last year was beaten to the actual purchase. 

We have no newbies in my six this time, but we do have one who hasn't been for a good few years.

My mate was like yours, until Oct 2015... That was the first time he failed. Hit him like a ton of bricks it did! But you have the added advantage of being in Liverpool... There always seems to be a higher %age success rate from there ?. Good luck VL,  you really do need a break. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

My mate was like yours, until Oct 2015... That was the first time he failed. Hit him like a ton of bricks it did! But you have the added advantage of being in Liverpool... There always seems to be a higher %age success rate from there ?. Good luck VL,  you really do need a break. 

Cheers @Curlygirl. We're resilient types up here. ?

2 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Love that description CG! My non festy friends just don't get it.  I'm languishing at home with flu, and the only reason I'm not shitting myself about tomorrow is because I don't have the energy. Will be on the case in the morning though, driven by adrenaline. 

Good luck to all tomorrow xx

19 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Love that description CG! My non festy friends just don't get it.  I'm languishing at home with flu, and the only reason I'm not shitting myself about tomorrow is because I don't have the energy. Will be on the case in the morning though, driven by adrenaline. 

Good luck to all tomorrow xx

Emma didn't get it until she tried it. Bless her, she's not going next year but she's still trying for you all. She's starting with your group then moving down the list. I'm obviously starting with group 3. She rang me on Thursday and i could hear the adrenaline in her voice. It's as bad trying for others as it is for yourself! I have done nothing today except peruse efestivals... I updated notepad++ yesterday with all of the groups and copied it to all devices so today is just a waiting game. I hope the lurgy isn''t too tough on you x

I've borrowed an old latop fromwork(I havent got a computer  at home) and I'm tryingto get used to the keyboard!I have hadto stick bits ofmasking tapewith leers onontothekeys as they are wornoff! My tyoingisawul  and the space bar doesnt seemto wanttowork properly! 

I'mnotcorrecting this post because its funny!!!! 

I'm alsonot at my best today after anaccidental all nighter,sowillgo to bed earlytonightand be frsh for themorning"" 

Crikey thiskeyboardismtricky! \Haha! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I've borrowed an old latop fromwork(I havent got a computer  at home) and I'm tryingto get used to the keyboard!I have hadto stick bits ofmasking tapewith leers onontothekeys as they are wornoff! My tyoingisawul  and the space bar doesnt seemto wanttowork properly! 

I'm alsonot at my best today after anaccidental all nighter,sowillgo to bed earlytonightand be frsh for themorning"" 

Ahh Lucy I shouldn't laugh but I can't help it... This post is brilliant :rofl:

21 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Amazing ?

54 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

sending you extra extra good luck with that keyboard ....

2 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Emma didn't get it until she tried it. Bless her, she's not going next year but she's still trying for you all. She's starting with your group then moving down the list. I'm obviously starting with group 3. She rang me on Thursday and i could hear the adrenaline in her voice. It's as bad trying for others as it is for yourself! I have done nothing today except peruse efestivals... I updated notepad++ yesterday with all of the groups and copied it to all devices so today is just a waiting game. I hope the lurgy isn''t too tough on you x

Send Emma a big thank you hug from me! Should I dm my card details to save time if she gets through?

I know what you mean about the stress of trying for tickets for other people.  I find the coach sale doubly stressful as there are so many ways to get it wrong.. Wednesday from Edinburgh instead of Thursday from Taunton, anyone?

I'm sitting up in bed typing this, and Mr Moo and eldest have done the shopping. Every cloud...

In other news, youngest has been in Leeds for 2 weeks and is settling in after a very difficult start.  Freshers week with a load of strangers isn't the best environment for someone with anxiety and sensory overload issues,  but he's kept going and found some societies to join. I'm beyond proud.  Less brilliantly, he's managed to lose his driving licence, the only photo id he has, thus demonstrating he definitely takes after his dad, who is unable to find an object if you move it 6 inches away from where he last saw it...

1 hour ago, dizzymoo said:

In other news, youngest has been in Leeds for 2 weeks and is settling in after a very difficult start.  Freshers week with a load of strangers isn't the best environment for someone with anxiety and sensory overload issues,  but he's kept going and found some societies to join. I'm beyond proud.  Less brilliantly, he's managed to lose his driving licence, the only photo id he has, thus demonstrating he definitely takes after his dad, who is unable to find an object if you move it 6 inches away from where he last saw it...

That's great news about your youngest dizzymoo. in terms of his joining in with things that is. Less so good about losing his ID. Do you know that you're never more than six inches away from an object you can't see?

All the best for tomorrow for anybody on this thread looking to get tickets tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Send Emma a big thank you hug from me! Should I dm my card details to save time if she gets through?

I know what you mean about the stress of trying for tickets for other people.  I find the coach sale doubly stressful as there are so many ways to get it wrong.. Wednesday from Edinburgh instead of Thursday from Taunton, anyone?

I'm sitting up in bed typing this, and Mr Moo and eldest have done the shopping. Every cloud...

Hi Dizzy, I've sent you a eFests message and text to confirm my number. Fab news about your boy, I'm pleased he has settled in well x