Tent theft - look out!

MJP

13 hours ago, Glastokeeno said:

Saw a guy get caught today, ran the length of the festival in escape only to get caught at the other stage.6 officers, 3 stewards and a police land rover and van turned up to arrest to one guy. That's one less scum bag at least

Did you run after him to check how far he ran ? :) 

15 hours ago, Glastokeeno said:

Saw a guy get caught today, ran the length of the festival in escape only to get caught at the other stage.6 officers, 3 stewards and a police land rover and van turned up to arrest to one guy. That's one less scum bag at least

Hopefully he was actually a tent thief rather than an unfortunate guy who was spotted with their stash. Always sad to see people getting nicked for drugs, dealers included.

35 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

Only one for theft?

Yes, but there's also one for indecency, which intrigues the mind, somewhat.

37 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

Disappointed that they seem to be focusing more on dealers than thieving gits. 

I wonder if they are focusing more, or is it that dealers at Glastonbury have to be a bit public about selling their wares, and, as such, come on to the police radar more easily? Those tent robbers, if challenged, tend to say things like 'Sorry, wrong tent' etc. Now you know that they haven't got the wrong tent. They know that you know that they haven't got the wrong tent. They were aiming to rob from your tent. However, you can't just get up and kick the shit out of them, because you know (a) that's not the kind of person you are, and (b) that you know, deep down, that there will indeed be a few completely innocent spannered people, that night try to get in to somebody else's tent, thinking that it is truly their own, and you don't want them to get nailed for doing so.

1 reported theft though - as I know it does take time out your day to drudge up to the police station and spend best part of an hour+ going through everything, which might people off.

When I got robbed in 2016 I did 4 beer stops on the way and let fella do the taking as needed a police number so I could claim off my insurance as they took a brand new phone and brand new camera (only had that bloody 2 days!!)

18 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I wonder if they are focusing more, or is it that dealers at Glastonbury have to be a bit public about selling their wares, and, as such, come on to the police radar more easily? Those tent robbers, if challenged, tend to say things like 'Sorry, wrong tent' etc. Now you know that they haven't got the wrong tent. They know that you know that they haven't got the wrong tent. They were aiming to rob from your tent. However, you can't just get up and kick the shit out of them, because you know (a) that's not the kind of person you are, and (b) that you know, deep down, that there will indeed be a few completely innocent spannered people, that night try to get in to somebody else's tent, thinking that it is truly their own, and you don't want them to get nailed for doing so.

Good logic, well put. Just me being biased. Which I may remain. ?

38 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

Just me being biased. Which I may remain. ?

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you all the way on that one. I haven't rated public policy in this area for a very long time - both before and after being busted myself ( for a minuscule amount of dope! They used to do that in the 80's ).  

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Let's keep our fingers crossed the indecency one is for pissing up the leg of a DS officer. ?

Edited by mashedonmud

Heard earlier someone has had everything stolen , alcohol , all camping equipment water  the lot   in Lovefields .

So it sounds this one is organised.

It just boils my pee that this is happening...what is wrong with some people ..

You here so many good things of handing in phones, wallets tickets  and then this happens 

On 6/27/2019 at 5:43 PM, efcfanwirral said:

If they're robbing tents they will 100% have knives (or they're idiots frankly) so caution is needed!

Saw a lad get rugby tackled by security on the road outside village gate. Felt a bit sorry for him then learned he had a knife and then felt more sorry for the guy that had to take him down knowing that. 

2 hours ago, babyblade41 said:

Heard earlier someone has had everything stolen , alcohol , all camping equipment water  the lot   in Lovefields .

So it sounds this one is organised.

It just boils my pee that this is happening...what is wrong with some people ..

You here so many good things of handing in phones, wallets tickets  and then this happens 

Isn't it about 4k to stay there? How has that happened?

• 2 years later...
Just now, curlylocks88 said:

Hi, it is my first glasto and I am not taking much cash and will use lock ups for valuables... do people use the lock ups for their big bags of clothes and cool boxes of booze etc? I am worried about being robbed 😞

Personally no … but you can if you are worried … very much doubt that clothes are going to get nicked though … maybe a very small chance of losing some alcohol but even that I doubt 

8 minutes ago, curlylocks88 said:

Hi, it is my first glasto and I am not taking much cash and will use lock ups for valuables... do people use the lock ups for their big bags of clothes and cool boxes of booze etc? I am worried about being robbed 😞

I wouldn’t worry too much I’ve been going for 15 years and never had anything stolen. I hide anything valuable including booze under the tent ground sheet. Thefts are now fairly rare. But as said above anything you are really worried about use the lockups. They are free.