Which Gate?

Northtim

Getting close now..What gate will you be heading for?

Anyone think any gates are quicker than others or is it just luck on the day?

We will be on east  west side so A or D.  Camping in Paines so D probably better option again.

Last time arrived about 10 on Weds and queued for D in the extreme heat, took about 3 hours and water supplies (both ours and festivals) weren't enough.  Put up tent then slept for a couple of hours in shade in JPT.  Definately mild heatstroke.

Getting there a bit earlier this year, probably 7/7.30 and will have choice of A & D again.  In 2017 I heard from others in A queue who got through much quicker than us but they were on coaches and I think they get priority there? 

Edited by Northtim
Useless at navigation

5 minutes ago, Northtim said:

We will be on east side so A or D.  Camping in Paines so D probably better option again.

Last time arrived about 10 on Weds and queued for D in the extreme heat, took about 3 hours and water supplies (both ours and festivals) weren't enough.  Put up tent then slept for a couple of hours in shade in JPT.  Definately mild heatstroke.

Getting there a bit earlier this year, probably 7/7.30 and will have choice of A & D again.  In 2017 I heard from others in A queue who got through much quicker than us but they were on coaches and I think they get priority there? 

After being stuck in the rain for about 4 hours in 2011 queuing for Gate A, I will never make that mistake again. Gate D is a much better shout as the coaches get priority at Gate A.

We're planning on Big Ground so will be approaching from the East and heading to Gate B. Only entered through Gate B once before in 2017 as we parked in Tangerine Fields parking which was a <5 minute walk to the gate. Got there about 10ish and were in by 11am.  Gonna leave Manchester at 12am this year and hopefully get to site and join the queue around 4-5ish.

3 hours ago, Northtim said:

We will be on *west* side so A or D.  Camping in Paines so D probably better option again.

Normally Gate D, but I am arriving later than normal so whichever I'm nearest. My tent should already be set up by my overnight queuing friends! All being well. I will have a couple of extra bags with me so hopefully not too far away!

Edited by vintagelaureate

2 minutes ago, Thea! said:

Does anyone know if the free shuttle from castle cary benefits from priority at gate A, too? 

Yes, we stayed at B&W last time. the shuttle buses all drop off in the same compound, wasn't too bad to get in on Wednesday and pretty quick rest of the week.