This Year's Set of the Festival?

parsonjack

It won't make the tv, and it'll fly under 90% of radars, but I reckon Dub Pistols in the Glade is gong to be mental.  After a few years of late afternoons they've got an 8pm slot when everyone's ramping up for the evening. Glade suits them perfectly, and being on later means the crowd will be people who've deliberately chosen to see them, not just passing through. It's going to be fucking immense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

It won't make the tv, and it'll fly under 90% of radars, but I reckon Dub Pistols in the Glade is gong to be mental.  After a few years of late afternoons they've got an 8pm slot when everyone's ramping up for the evening. Glade suits them perfectly, and being on later means the crowd will be people who've deliberately chosen to see them, not just passing through. It's going to be fucking immense.

Hard clash with IDLES.

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It do be like that sometimes.

Last 4 minutes of this. 

That was probably the strongest night for headline sets on the big 3 stages that the festival has had imo.

I wasn't at Chic but 30% of our group were. Met them later and they were glowing (3.6 Roentgen. Totally natural)

50% saw the Arctic Monkeys and a fair few still call it the greatest set they've ever seen.

Portishead delivered the of the most impressive 80 minutes of music I've seen in my life.

Watched all the sets back at home and was blown away by all.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Hard clash with IDLES.

Oh it's brutal mate. I saw IDLES a few months back in Brighton and it was something else. So good. But...

It's Friday night, 8pm, I'll be heading to Jon Hopkins.  As amazing as IDLES will be, I know that the Dubs will have me properly dancing.

I may change last minute and go to IDLES, but I still reckon Dubs will be epic.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Oh it's brutal mate. I saw IDLES a few months back in Brighton and it was something else. So good. But...

It's Friday night, 8pm, I'll be heading to Jon Hopkins.  As amazing as IDLES will be, I know that the Dubs will have me properly dancing.

It's going to be a mood thing. If I'm getting in the electronica mood early I might be heading down to the Glade.

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

Giz a shout - I'll be at Jopkins on me tod (our group-wise).

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

13 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Hard clash with IDLES.

you could go see idles later they play again on the truth stage at 23.40 that night. and to be honest that will probs be the set to see, when your off your face at the end of the night in the dark moshing!

Edited by jaimebionic

Are Chems really going to be a not-miss?  Saw them at All Points East so was going to see Wu Tang Clan - who I love and have never seen - but are Chems really going to be that unmissable?  Especially on the Other Stage?

I'd have thought Stormzy would be one not to miss?  Although I'm planning on seeing Tame Impala instead haha 

13 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

For some of us it was, and their new album is excellent.

100% Really excited about no geography*. Especially in these times and ESPECIALLY at Glastonbury. The visuals have supposedly really come on in the last couple of years. Also if I'm not mistaken, Ed Simmons wasn't touring in 2015. Both on record as being really pumped for this one. And it's hard to write about and isn't appropriate to consider a highlight, but I have considered a potential tribute to Keith Flint. Which if done seamlessly and tastefully could resonate very deeply with me personally.

Edited by T-Mouse
The song

3 minutes ago, WStoner said:

Are Chems really going to be a not-miss?  Saw them at All Points East so was going to see Wu Tang Clan - who I love and have never seen - but are Chems really going to be that unmissable?  Especially on the Other Stage?

I'd have thought Stormzy would be one not to miss?  Although I'm planning on seeing Tame Impala instead haha