Football 19/20

thetime

55 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I like Phil Foden, Sergio Aguero, Shaun Goater, Richard Dunne and David White.

Don't mind anything else apart from  anything United related, Liverpool related, David Conn and Simon Jordan.

Fave city player? Modern era or when you were shite? 

45 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Billy Gilmour bossed the midfield tonight.

He looks a talent, yeah.

42 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

This losing malarkey is a bit shite.

A combination of the winter break decimating our momentum and Henderson getting injured have played major parts. Not convinced Fabinho has fully gotten over his injury either.

Still, it shows how far we’ve come that we’re so gutted about the last 3 losses. This used to be the standard for us not so long ago!

11 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

This losing malarkey is a bit shite.

Certainly have lost the "best team ever" award (if there ever was one) now just going on losses. Squad isn't quite there yet, as seen by the keeper last night. Fine margins at this time of year.

Still think you'll beat Atletico

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Certainly have lost the "best team ever" award (if there ever was one) now just going on losses. Squad isn't quite there yet, as seen by the keeper last night. Fine margins at this time of year.

Still think you'll beat Atletico

I think as far as a 2nd choice keeper goes he's right up there, yes he bollocksed it for the 1st goal but he also pulled off some great saves. From his showing this year he's certainly better than our previous two 1st choice keepers.

Funny thing though is that after all these years of pushing for a winter break and making a big point about the players taking it, we've been poor since. 

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I think as far as a 2nd choice keeper goes he's right up there, yes he bollocksed it for the 1st goal but he also pulled off some great saves. From his showing this year he's certainly better than our previous two 1st choice keepers.

Funny thing though is that after all these years of pushing for a winter break and making a big point about the players taking it, we've been poor since. 

Yeah strange alright. Nice early winnable KO on Saturday before the CL next week though. 

27 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Could it be Liverpool are winning the league by such a large margin? So taking there eye of the ball and losing that sharpness.

Takes me back to the treble season, close games all the way through, winning the league on the last day. When united won the league by 18 points, we didn't do much in any of the cup competitions.

Even when Arsenal's invincibles only won the league and fell short in the cups.

Edited by thetime

13 minutes ago, thetime said:

Could it be Liverpool are winning the league by such a large margin? So taking there eye of the ball and losing that sharpness.

Takes me back to the treble season, close games all the way through, winning the league on the last day. When united won the league by 18 points, we didn't do much in any of the cup competitions.

Certainly difficult to keep the momentum up when the big competition is already won alright. 

30 minutes ago, thetime said:

You could be right. As much as they're giving it the whole 'one game at a time' line, they must all know it's done and dusted. I'm hoping these last few games are tge kick up the arse they, and the fans, needed and they find their form again, sharpish. Saturday should be fine but Atletico is going to be very difficult, particularly if they score.

It's a funny thing because at the start of the season if you had told me all Liverpool would win would be the league I would have taken it in a heartbeat.

Then the last few weeks I've started to wonder if we'll go undefeated in the league. Or win a cup to go with the league. Gotten greedy which has bitten us in the arse now we've lost a few.

We've been spoilt this season massively. Even if we don't beat Atletico its still the dream season for us having not won it in 30 years.