Football 19/20

thetime

43 minutes ago, thetime said:

Even if City won every game it would not make much of a dent into Liverpool's lead. 

Whilst any logical person knows this is true - us Liverpool fans refuse to believe it's done until it's mathematically confirmed. The sooner that happens the better for me.

Edited by DareToDibble

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

well, that's bleedin' obvious, really.

I'm guessing they'll also attempt to sting the broadcasters for the extra matches they'll show, as a way to compensate clubs for lost gate money.

Been wondering what would happen if the FA declared all league football is to be played behind closed doors. The financial impact on lower league clubs would be monumental, could see many clubs going to the wall if there's nothing to make up for the gate receipts.

I wouldn't use the term hilarious judging by whats going on in Italy. 50% jump in deaths yesterday to 366 up from 233. With 7375 recorded infections their fatality rate is upto 5 % (I don't know if to hope that its much lower due to so many having it and not being tested but to put that number in context spanish flu was 2 - 3% and killed 25 to 29 million)

Anyway if we don't get on top of this soon this year is going to be associated with the loss of a loved one rather than Liverpools first title in 30 years for many of those fans.

Edited by lost

1 minute ago, lost said:

I wouldn't use the term hilarious judging by whats going on in Italy. 50% jump in deaths yesterday to 366 up from 233. With 7375 recorded infections their fatality rate is upto 5 % (I don't know if to hope that its much lower due to so many having it and not being tested but to put that number in context spanish flu was 2 - 3% and killed 25 to 29 million)

Anyway if we don't get on top of this soon this year is going to be associated with the loss of a loved one rather than Liverpools first title in 30 years for many of those fans.

Lighten up geesh.

8 minutes ago, jyoung said:

I wouldn't under estimate Merseyside. There will be a huge celebration in Liverpool and it will attract a million odd people. More than if anyone else in the country won it... Corona won't stop that. 

That would be over estimating not under as your effectively saying Liverpool fans are selfish, thick and happy to put other peoples lives at risk. 

8 minutes ago, jyoung said:

tenor.gif

Well the government is about to ask those with any symptoms to stay at home so how is it not selfish? You give it to a few thousand people in a large group who then return to families and places of work both of which will have a number of people who are either too old or have an underlying health condition so cant fight it off.

If it goes pandemic the club will have more sense than the fans and not put in on.

Edited by lost

12 minutes ago, lost said:

Liverpool fans are selfish, thick and happy to put other peoples lives at risk. 

You are a serious fella, saying that you are spot on here. I doubt Liverpool fans would ever put peoples live at risk for there selfish own needs.

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

You are a serious fella, saying that you are spot on here. I doubt Liverpool fans would ever put peoples live at risk for there selfish own needs.

Really hope I'm wrong on this one but as already said the stuff coming out of Italy really doesn't sound good. I think we are nailed on to go the same way.

Edited by lost

10 hours ago, lost said:

That would be over estimating not under as your effectively saying Liverpool fans are selfish, thick and happy to put other peoples lives at risk. 

oh, c'mon - they would be putting their own lives at risk.
(and some people might even say that was a great thing ;) ) 

No one would be there who didn't want to take that risk. It's not a big deal, if it even happens.

Edited by eFestivals