Feel-Good Brownies (Green Fields)

kalifire

There have been rumours that brownies can be found for sale with a certain ingredient, shall we say, up at the Green Fields. Can anyone confirm? 

In 2014, I attempted to locate said brownies and hung around outside a small tent at the Healing Field where somebody was playing an acoustic set. I’d heard the aforementioned brownie seller(s) roams around, offering them for sale rather than doing it out of a fixed pitch.

Eventually a lovely hippy type lady came around with a tray of brownie shaped snacks. I looked for a little glint in her eye, something that would tell me these are special snacks, but didn’t pick up on anything. Given I’d been there for the best part of an hour and this was the first time I’d seen anyone offering anything like this, I took the punt, gave her a fiver, told her to keep the change and then winked, hoping for a reciprocal all-knowing gesture back  

She moved away looking a bit uncomfortable with the whole wink scenario, which led me to doubt what I had just bought was much more than a standard food product. 

I don’t know what was in that thing, but it appeared to have been made out of all the vegetables I hate, congealed together into one deeply unappetising bite that lasted just a few seconds before I discreetly spat it all out into a napkin and introduced it to the nearest bin. 

Did I inadvertently throw away the magic stuff? Or was I not looking in the right place? Or are these rumours unfounded? Anyone? 

• Like 1

We met a lovely lady dressed as a peacock walking around the healing fields squawking like a parrot (do peacocks squark too??) and saying "hash truffles".

Fiver each (five for £20 i think) and they were quite tasty. Didn't effect me too much (probably as I was on my 4-5th pure joint of the day) but my mate who doesn't smoke and had one spent several hours looking like a zombie and struggling to leave his tent.

2 minutes ago, GoonerRob said:

... my mate who doesn't smoke and had one spent several hours looking like a zombie and struggling to leave his tent.

A zombie trying to get out of a tent is a very evocative image.

I also like the idea of @kalifire winking at strangers and purchasing expensive and horrid vegetable delicacies

Anyone selling hash brownies without making absolutely certain you know what you're taking ought to be locked up.  Seriously.

Personally, I wouldn't touch anything like that made by a stranger.  You have no idea what quality/quantities they've used.  Most likely they'll be weak, but there are many tales of people being caught out by excessively laden ones.  Just the suspicion that you could have just eaten something laced with mushrooms or LSD could be enough to get you panicking...

It's very easy to eat your own dope.  It just needs to be dissolved in fat, so it will metabolise rather than going in one end and out the other.  Put it on a spoon with some margerine/butter/oil.  Use a cigarette ligher under the spoon until the fat has boiled and turned into a homogenous brown liquid.  Stir it into a yoghurt or pint of milk.  Job done in 1 minute.

5 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

Anyone selling hash brownies without making absolutely certain you know what you're taking ought to be locked up.  Seriously.

Personally, I wouldn't touch anything like that made by a stranger.  You have no idea what quality/quantities they've used.  Most likely they'll be weak, but there are many tales of people being caught out by excessively laden ones.  Just the suspicion that you could have just eaten something laced with mushrooms or LSD could be enough to get you panicking...

It's very easy to eat your own dope.  It just needs to be dissolved in fat, so it will metabolise rather than going in one end and out the other.  Put it on a spoon with some margerine/butter/oil.  Use a cigarette ligher under the spoon until the fat has boiled and turned into a homogenous brown liquid.  Stir it into a yoghurt or pint of milk.  Job done in 1 minute.

Don't forget to decarbxolate your weed before adding to butter / oil. 

Grind it all up, stick on some foil and chuck in the oven on a medium heat for 30mins, take it out and chuck into a saucepan of melted butter for ten mins then strain and leave to cool. Use butter as you normally would! 

4 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

I don't like the idea of smoking it and people smelling it if they don't want to.

Bloody hell I think you and I may be at the opposite end of the spectrum to each other in terms of concern for the well being of others ;) 

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

Bloody hell I think you and I may be at the opposite end of the spectrum to each other in terms of concern for the well being of others ;) 

It's a new-found concern. Our neighbours had polite words a few weeks ago so we had to look at other options ?

12 minutes ago, GoonerRob said:

Don't forget to decarbxolate your weed before adding to butter / oil. 

Grind it all up, stick on some foil and chuck in the oven on a medium heat for 30mins, take it out and chuck into a saucepan of melted butter for ten mins then strain and leave to cool. Use butter as you normally would! 

I've never done this and have always had great results - nobody has ever complained it's not strong enough!  Is it a health thing or does it improve the effectiveness?

3 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

edibles don't strike me as a particularly good idea at a festival unless you want to be on your arse for the entire day? (maybe the pyramid stage chair people have been at them?)

Depends on the strength or how much ? we've perfected ours so one bite is the perfect amount for a nice uplifting high

5 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

It's a new-found concern. Our neighbours had polite words a few weeks ago so we had to look at other options ?

Ooh did they?

I've noticed mine discreetly closing windows sometimes, but I'm outside and they're inside so they can feck off imho :D 

(I should add I'm not entirely that horrid, I don't know for sure they are objecting)

Edited by clarkete

1 minute ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

I've never done this and have always had great results - nobody has ever complained it's not strong enough!  Is it a health thing or does it improve the effectiveness?

When you get weed in its raw form, it contains THCA, which wont get you high. You want THC, which is made by heating the bud to the point where it magically (im no chemist) changes to proper THC. More info can be found here - https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-is-decarboxylation

But in short, yes, decarb your weed and you get to use less for the same high :)

1 minute ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

we de-carbed ours purely because it was home-grown and we were too impatient to dry it properly. 

7 hours ago, kalifire said:

Eventually a lovely hippy type lady came around with a tray of brownie shaped snacks. I looked for a little glint in her eye, something that would tell me these are special snacks, but didn’t pick up on anything. Given I’d been there for the best part of an hour and this was the first time I’d seen anyone offering anything like this, I took the punt, gave her a fiver, told her to keep the change and then winked, hoping for a reciprocal all-knowing gesture back  

She moved away looking a bit uncomfortable with the whole wink scenario, which led me to doubt what I had just bought was much more than a standard food product. 

tbh, i think this rivals the Twix story as one the best story on here!

4 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Ooh did they?

I've noticed mine discreetly closing windows sometimes, but I'm outside and they're inside so they can feck off imho :D 

(I should add I'm not entirely that horrid, I don't know for sure they are objecting)

We've lived next to each other for 2 years and they have only just mentioned it so perhaps they had been holding their tongue for a while, not complaining though as I am thoroughly enjoying edibles! It's a lovely feeling :D

• Upvote 1

Just now, GoonerRob said:

When you get weed in its raw form, it contains THCA, which wont get you high. You want THC, which is made by heating the bud to the point where it magically (im no chemist) changes to proper THC. More info can be found here - https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-is-decarboxylation

But in short, yes, decarb your weed and you get to use less for the same high :)

Thanks - that's something I've learned today, and will have to try.  However, for anyone who's forgotten to do this before they go and can't get access to an oven at Glastonbury, doing it without still works very well.