Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, ConfidenceMan said:

I could see a good chunk of that line-up playing at PS.

Beck, Kacey, Tyler, Twigs, Big Thief, Bombay Bicycle Club, Charli XCX, IDLES, Loyle Carner, Tierra Whack, Whitney, Murder Capital all would fit right in...

I think Wilco have a clash but otherwise they'd surely be there too.

Charli XCX, FKA Twigs, Loyle Carner and Big Thief played this year 

edit: think Tierra Whack too

Edited by Quadrophobia

5 minutes ago, ZXCVBNM said:

You can't really get mad about the announcements on the radio show not being big bands, when it's clear that's not what it's been about, you don't have to listen if you don't want to...?

I didn't get mad about the announcements on the radio being big bands.

The only thing that I have criticised is the flip-flopping.

The lineup is out in December, no it's a reveal of 10 bands a day, no it's 11 bands a week, no it's 4/5 bands a week...make up your minds guys and communicate it!

53 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Also this is cool. I'm always very pessimistic when it comes to the possibility of acts playing two years in a row but I'd kill to see Tierra Whack again. The greatest moment I've ever had at a music festival was at her concert this year and she sadly clashed with the end of Solange so a lot of people missed out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gregorick said:

Yeah Tierra Whack was undoubtedly one of my favourites from this year. Would love to see her again in 2020

missed her last year due to clash. would love to see her.

Actually we've seen cases of artist doing bits one year and come back the following year on the main site, I think it can happen

3 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

missed her last year due to clash. would love to see her.

Actually we've seen cases of artist doing bits one year and come back the following year on the main site, I think it can happen

That being the case, would love to see Rico Nasty, Tierra Whack and Lizzo playing next year! 

I didn't make it last year - other plans at the time - but the more I put my wishlist together for this year, the more I realised just how stacked the line up was for 2019! The top line or two didn't do as much for me but there are so many acts I want to see in 2020 who were around the mid-level in 2019. 

I totally understand that the festival doesn't do repeat bookings too often; but it's a real shame that I won't get the chance to make up for what I missed!!

I mean just look at this for a selection...

Interpol, FKA, Mac de Marco, Christine & the Queens, Courtney Barnett, Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks, Yaeji, Princess Nokia, Clairo, Julien Baker, Dirty Projectors, Maribou State, Big Thief, Soccer Mommy;
Tame Impala, Janelle Monae, Robyn, Suede, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Jungle, Peggy Gou, Yves Tumor, Low, Pond, Snail Mail, Aldous Harding;
Solange, Rosalia, James Blake, Stereolab, JARV IS, Roisin Murphy, Pusha T, Lizzo, Loyle Carner, Tierra Whack, David August, Nilufer Yanta, Slowthai;
Big Red Machine, Deerhunter

11 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

I didn't make it last year - other plans at the time - but the more I put my wishlist together for this year, the more I realised just how stacked the line up was for 2019! The top line or two didn't do as much for me but there are so many acts I want to see in 2020 who were around the mid-level in 2019. 

I totally understand that the festival doesn't do repeat bookings too often; but it's a real shame that I won't get the chance to make up for what I missed!!

I mean just look at this for a selection...

I was going through the Clashfinder for 2019 again this week just to see how well they predicted what acts would be big in 2019 and they smashed it, you're so right. SO many mid-level acts who have broke out in 2019 played Primavera.