Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

42 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

I was going through the Clashfinder for 2019 again this week just to see how well they predicted what acts would be big in 2019 and they smashed it, you're so right. SO many mid-level acts who have broke out in 2019 played Primavera.

Primavera does this every single year, I trust them 100% to put together the best lineup.

And every year, the doom merchants pop up claiming that it's crap, and they're always wrong.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

Boy Harsher ends their tour on 15th April no dates for Spain it would be heaven to have them on Primavera

Wow, I enjoyed checking them out. They're like Chromatics, only less dull. 

Trouble is they're not going to have the budget to stick around Europe from March all the way through to June.

All the comments on the undercard are so true for anyone who hasn’t been- 3 years running we were gutted when they revealed, only to have a new bunch of great stuff to listen to.  Last year we went VIP, had an amazing time, met loads of ace people and ran into Steven Malkmus wandering the site after his set- lovely guy.

this year though if some of these rumours are true could be stellar. 

It only needs Beach Fossils to pop up and I’ll feel like crying.

Because I can’t go!  We had VIP tickets booked, flights, hotel etc and my girlfriend is now pregnant, brilliant obviously.

I've tried emailing Primavera about selling tickets but no joy, does anyone know how/where to sell tickets safely?  Do Primavera have a resale?

on another note has anyone taken a baby/young child to any of the festival, what was your experience like?  Would you recommend it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, portobelloroad said:

All the comments on the undercard are so true for anyone who hasn’t been- 3 years running we were gutted when they revealed, only to have a new bunch of great stuff to listen to.  Last year we went VIP, had an amazing time, met loads of ace people and ran into Steven Malkmus wandering the site after his set- lovely guy.

Because I can’t go!  We had VIP tickets booked, flights, hotel etc and my girlfriend is now pregnant, brilliant obviously.

I've tried emailing Primavera about selling tickets but no joy, does anyone know how/where to sell tickets safely?  Do Primavera have a resale?

on another note has anyone taken a baby/young child to any of the festival, what was your experience like?  Would you recommend it?

I don't reckon bringing (I assume newborn) would be easy for you between multiple feedings/nappy changes/sleeping.

I suppose I would be worried about ear protection that would fit a newborn. 

22 minutes ago, portobelloroad said:

Don't have any personal experience but a music festival is definitely no place for a baby, let alone a newborn.

Edited by xxialac

1 hour ago, portobelloroad said:

Once the respective category sells out, Primavera normally offers a save (and pretty easy) marketplace. You basically list your ticket and when someone buys it, the system just transfers the barcode to them and makes yours invalid. Don't know if the system charges a fee or not though. If you need the money sooner, maybe try Ticketswap. 

Oh, and of course: Congratuliatios! I have been to festivals with small children, but its not safe for newborns to be at a festival. Most festivals won't even let you attend, if you bring a child under a certain age for liability reasons.

Edited by Quadrophobia

1 hour ago, portobelloroad said:

I've taken my kids from very early on to several festivals though PS is definitely not the type of festival I would recommend taking a newborn to namely because of the timing of the performances and the fact that a lot of the intersting stuff happens during the night but also as it's much easier when the site is located mostly on grass and not concrete. From my experience, you will rarely see other families there either.

Just now, Quadrophobia said:

Almost certainly not. I expect it the second half of January, not much Festival stuff  happens in the first half ever.

Coachella is usually out early first half.

But would make more sense to time it with payday (at least in the UK) as no one surely has any money first half, I agree.

1 hour ago, Etaish said:

I've taken my kids from very early on to several festivals though PS is definitely not the type of festival I would recommend taking a newborn to namely because of the timing of the performances and the fact that a lot of the intersting stuff happens during the night but also as it's much easier when the site is located mostly on grass and not concrete. From my experience, you will rarely see other families there either.

@portobelloroad I have been to 6 Primaveras and never saw babies or toddlers or even children.  I don't think it's a nice environment for them at all.  Too much concrete, too much noise, and if Primavera messes up your sleep pattern as an adult (which it does), imagine what it would do to a baby.  There is very little going on at Primavera except the music (and some people of course see that as a positive).  Even at Glastonbury, which is far more child friendly, the families I see look pretty knackered and harassed. I'm a dad of 2 and I think my advice to you would be - your life is going to change in a big way, accept it.  Having you first child is going to be a pretty big shock and a restriction on your activities (if you are used to being out and about at gigs etc.) - keep things as simple as you possibly can.  But you're going to love it - congratulations.