TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

10 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Please read terms and conditions! Non transferable and they require ID. Don't enter if you already have tickets. One entry per person. 

21 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

theguardian.com/win-glastonbury-2019

here the guardian one

"Maximum one entry per person per day. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or any other prize"

Don't all competitions have to have a way to enter for free? Doesn't seem to be one for the Guardian one. I'll pop down and buy one every day for a couple of weeks if need be mind you.

10 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Cheers dude, just followed them on the book of face, I don’t do Twitter 

I think last time you had to retweet something. I had to set up a Twitter account just so I could enter the EE comp.

12 hours ago, Simsy said:

I think last time you had to retweet something. I had to set up a Twitter account just so I could enter the EE comp.

The EE twitter comps in previous years have been absolute shambles. Too easy for people to make fake or duplicate accounts and bulk enter, which is exactly what happened. 

Just bought 2 x 4 packs of Mallets Cider from my local Tesco (Telford). Won a lounger and a Festival Pack. Not quite tickets but you never know. Signed up for the Guardian draw, but you have to buy a paper each day and they are £2.20 each and it runs for 14 days. Gotta be in it to win it though

11 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Just bought 2 x 4 packs of Mallets Cider from my local Tesco (Telford). Won a lounger and a Festival Pack. Not quite tickets but you never know. Signed up for the Guardian draw, but you have to buy a paper each day and they are £2.20 each and it runs for 14 days. Gotta be in it to win it though

My thinking is that realistically what is the number of people who will actually remember to 1) show their barcode everytime 2) purchase everyday for maximum entries and 3) actually remember to do it between the specified dates. I should think entries would be fairly low! (Hopefully!) 

3 hours ago, cb4747 said:

My thinking is that realistically what is the number of people who will actually remember to 1) show their barcode everytime 2) purchase everyday for maximum entries and 3) actually remember to do it between the specified dates. I should think entries would be fairly low! (Hopefully!) 

I have all intentions of doing this, although I'm assuming the cashier won't have a clue about the barcode scanning thingy!

16 minutes ago, Cm36 said:

Do you have any links to info about this draw? I can only find the subscriber comp

Thats definitely a lot of hoops to jump through, it must weed out most 

https://imovo.org/templates/register/go/15/register.aspx?fbclid=IwAR1G8QeIl5axoBl0VzKXKXj40oX3Ny73ba29cutFcCq2YGGcQ9YUvCBZhGU

18 minutes ago, Padgey said:

I have all intentions of doing this, although I'm assuming the cashier won't have a clue about the barcode scanning thingy!

Thankfully, there are foolproof instructions for shopkeeps underneath the barcode!

Totally won a Mallets festival pack as well... Seems the Mallets site isn't too reliable as it said my user had already entered the code the first time I put it in. I then got a congratulatory email... 

I can already feel how my teeth will be hurting after a few days on cider... maybe I should check out that cheese suggestion thread to combat it...