field day 2019

5 hours ago, gregory said:

Anyone figured out how the 1200-1030 / 1030-0300 tickets are gonna work on a practical level? How are they gonna kick out everyone with a 'day pass' at 10:30? 

Presumably the late night stuff will be in the warehouses- so they'll have fresh wristband checks when you go in 

Primavera takes place the weekend before Field Day, there should be some crossover. I crossed out the acts already confirmed for APE and who played Field Day last year, which leaves us with:

Feel free to download and cross off other acts if they're elsewhere etc. :) 

& Janelle hasn't sold out her Wembley show in July so she won't be there. 

image.png

Edited by gregory

Here's a (perhaps) overly optimistic (though the did say it's their "biggest line-up ever") guess for the lineup;

James Blake
Courtney Barnett - Stereolab 
Steven Malkmus - SOPHIE
Homeshake - Cate Le Bon

FKA Twigs or Robyn *
Jarvis - Hot Chip 
Dirty Projectors - Empress of
Fucked up - Lucy Dacus

After-party: MODESELEKTOR / DIXON

* (not sure Missy Elliot will actually play this, but think they'll get a great female headliner)

On 1/11/2019 at 3:21 PM, gregory said:

Here's a (perhaps) overly optimistic (though the did say it's their "biggest line-up ever") guess for the lineup;

James Blake
Courtney Barnett - Stereolab 
Steven Malkmus - SOPHIE
Homeshake - Cate Le Bon

FKA Twigs or Robyn *
Jarvis - Hot Chip 
Dirty Projectors - Empress of
Fucked up - Lucy Dacus

After-party: MODESELEKTOR / DIXON

* (not sure Missy Elliot will actually play this, but think they'll get a great female headliner)

if Stereolab and SOPHIE are there, so will I! 

a friend just messaged me saying he's heard rumours of Migos and/or Bonobo. I have no idea if these are true and he's not even sure of the source. Bonobo is doing a handful of dj sets in the summer, one of which is in Paris on June 2nd. He doesnt have any live shows though so I imagine if he plays it'd be a dj set. This rumour is almost definitely false but thought it was worth reporting back regardless.

25 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

a friend just messaged me saying he's heard rumours of Migos and/or Bonobo. I have no idea if these are true and he's not even sure of the source. Bonobo is doing a handful of dj sets in the summer, one of which is in Paris on June 2nd. He doesnt have any live shows though so I imagine if he plays it'd be a dj set. This rumour is almost definitely false but thought it was worth reporting back regardless.

A late night bonobo dj set would make a lot sense.

1 minute ago, Sean1234321 said:

Surely it's going to be mostly electronic/dancey music again...

I guess (hope) the daytimes will go back to indie stuff and the late night stuff will be more dancey. 

last year seemed a bit of an outlier, previous years seemed to have more guitar/other music right? (2017 had Julia Jacklin, Kevin Morby, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, Loyle Carner, Run The Jewels, Slowdive, Thee Oh Sees, Whitney in a single day for example).

17 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

Surely it's going to be mostly electronic/dancey music again...

it's two days again this year so I'd expect one day being mainly indie music and the other being electronic/hip hop. I missed last year as was at Primavera Sound but it sounded like a bit off a mess, despite having a strong line up.

11 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

Well it was two days last year and I don't recall seeing any rock/indie on either day, unless some of the smaller names were and i just didn't know. 

I'd love it if they had a rock day this year...the times I went between 2014 and 2017 were excellent so I know they can pull it off. 

oh right I thought it was one like in 2017. The first two editions I went to (2015 and 2016) were both split like that.

1 minute ago, Sean1234321 said:

Last year was all electronic/jazz stuff. 

I really don't know what they'll announce tomorrow...my gut says more of the same, but I would like to be pleasantly surprised. 

The fact they have the £20 more a day 'after party' from 1030-3 makes me think a lot of the electronic stuff will go there, and the day stuff will be more band based. Also the fact it's 2 days again means more acts being booked and hopefully guitar / non DJ stuff.

2016 was a fantastic mix of both IMO

uk-0611-779500-705951-front.jpg