McCor

Resale Club 2019

Just now, Ozanne said:

Who are the last volunteering positions with, they all seem to be filled up from the main ones I see?

At this point the chances would be slim as I'm sure they are all well subscribed with waiting lists even though they will get some inevitable drop outs between now and the festival. I don't know is my honest answer, I've not checked myself or had experience with them.

11 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Congrats to anyone that managed to get tickets! There seems to be a large group who still couldn't' get tickets in the resale (including myself), I'm keen on getting as much info on secret resales as I can, where is best to get this info? 

I'm trying to find a way of tracking the see tickets glastonbury webpage for changes and to somehow get notified when this happens, but can't seem to find a way or sorting it out.

Any help would be mutely appreciated!

I've used the website followthatpage and you choose which url to track and they sent you emails when it changes with a quick summary of what has changed. I've still got it set up but it doesn't ping me often to be honest. Worth doing though for secret resales!

12 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

I'm trying to find a way of tracking the see tickets glastonbury webpage for changes and to somehow get notified when this happens, but can't seem to find a way or sorting it out.

Any help would be mutely appreciated!

10 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

You can track the website using an app but i don't know what it's called to be honest.

Your best bet would be to chase up any last remaining volunteer positions or enter competitions at this point, they somehow managed to not have a secret resale at all in 2017 and it only lasted a minute in 2016 apparently?

Checkpage.co.uk 

24 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Today has definitely sucked. I feel so glum. I just couldn't get past the holding page, how on earth were people doing it. Just luck I guess.

I'm not giving up just yet. But this is horrible, all I wanted if to see The Killers headline. I've been with my friends who have all been lucky enough to see their fav band headline and now it's my fav bank I can't get tickets.

Have faith mate, from your posts I can see you love the place. I'm in the same boat as you and after the initial shock of this mornings hell I'm back on the case. Don't give up yet.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Have faith mate, from your posts I can see you love the place. I'm in the same boat as you and after the initial shock of this mornings hell I'm back on the case. Don't give up yet.

Thanks for the kind words mate. What's your plan of attack?

20 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

First time since 2008 missing out on tickets.

I thought October was bad but this morning hurt so much. I guess this is what heartbreak feels like..

Oh no, I was hoping you’d be lucky in the resale :( there’s still competitions! 

50 minutes ago, Perks said:

Ah dude. That’s grim. Sorry man. Today really has sucked.

It really has! Oh well I guess we gotta find something to do with that week now. If anyone wants to go away to get away from it hit me up I'm up for going abroad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Im still in shock and cant speak! ? cant believe how many regulars and locals missed out on tickets! May be they want a different crowd! Secret resales maybe! 

It's not even that, it's just the popularity is at an all-time high, lots of new people want to go, lots of people want to tick it off the bucket list. Most people who go want to return, only so many spots available before it's full.

There needs to be a new stage of grief added called 'volunteering'

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

First time since 2008 missing out on tickets.

I thought October was bad but this morning hurt so much. I guess this is what heartbreak feels like..

Have faith in your heart that you're missing out this year so that someone may go for the first time ? 

I reckon Oxfam will have loads of places released since resale. Join the group on Facebook and follow their page on the website - they’ve reopened places a couple times since the sign up in Feb!

5 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I was planning to be younger and more ‘happening’ with @Silver_Hayes or @StoneCircleTillDawn

Think I will just stick to taking a late night tour of the SE corner, a quick samba in Glasto Latino then back to avalon cafe! 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, UEF said:

Have faith in your heart that you're missing out this year so that someone may go for the first time ? 

Ahh this is kinda quite nice! Theres some good people out there! 

48 minutes ago, ledwards said:

I reckon Oxfam will have loads of places released since resale. Join the group on Facebook and follow their page on the website - they’ve reopened places a couple times since the sign up in Feb!

The website is not showing any places at all as yet. I just checked.

Tried this morning for tickets for a family friend. There were a total of at least nine individual devices on different systems  in different locations all looking to secure those two tickets. Not one got beyond the grey page. I'm gutted for them.

I'm also actually even more gutted for masses of people on here. After failing to get tickets this morning I shot off to my pitch to sell carvings and once set up followed all the comments on this thread. 

It is awful to see so much heartbreak in a thread on here.Usually eFests is so uplifting. (OK,  can be odd/scathing/funny etc)

Reading such a string of sad posts over the day is awful especially as so many of the posts were clearly from people for whom the festival is something very special. That is what made it such hard reading. 

All I can say is fingers crossed you'll find some way in, comp win, volunteer work, secret resale or anything that works. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

The website is not showing any places at all as yet. I just checked.

Think it will take a few days to filter through if people are cancelling due to resale success as their office hours won't cover Sunday's. 

16 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Think it will take a few days to filter through if people are cancelling due to resale success as their office hours won't cover Sunday's. 

True. Everybody should note that they are still showing places for 2000 Trees, NASS, Wilderness, Boomtown, Leeds/Reading and Shambala. Also check out the Festaff website. I was surprised at the number and variety of events they cover.

49 minutes ago, ledwards said:

I believe their deadline for cancellations is the 3rd of May, so any opportunities may arise a few days after? I’d recommend checking at least daily, particularly after that date.

https://donate.shelter.org.uk/register-glastonbury/~my-donation

Link I had for Shelter still appears to be working..

Main website says all gone but this link seems to bypass all of that to go sign up.

Takes you direct to the page to pay the £300 and fill in your details. 

Hopefully this will help one of you good people get back to the farm in June. 

3 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

Let us know how you get on :) 

Sent the email this evening. Just tried to be overly polite and went down the “I haven’t received my confirmation email although I did get the purchase complete link” line.

Don’t think it’ll work but as we said, nothing to lose really!

On a different note, does anyone else feel there seem to be less competitions this year? Normally I’ve had tickets in October sale so haven’t paid a huge amount of attention to them but I’m sure I recall seeing more than the 3 (GWR, Mallets Cider and Water Aid) I’ve seen this year?