Resale Club 2019

McCor

Three shops today until I found one stocking the Observer ... Bloke behind the counter as equally clueless as yesterday’s but managed to scan the barcode and the machine spat out the appropriate receipts.  He was trying to give me the paper for free - I think he thought the barcode was for a free copy.  I insisted on paying but didn’t get the 15p off - I’d given up trying to explain what was going on by that point!

Also ... I’ve done some maths.

Google says Guardian print copy circulation is 140,000 - so that’s 2,240,000 paper copies over the 16 days.  I’d guess no more than 1% being sold with competition entries (?) - so 22,000ish entries for 12 prizes.  Or a 1 in 1,800 chance of winning with each purchase. 

Better odds than the efestivals competition!

*waits for someone to correct the sums

10 minutes ago, Charlie Rabbit said:

Also ... I’ve done some maths.

Google says Guardian print copy circulation is 140,000 - so that’s 2,240,000 paper copies over the 16 days.  I’d guess no more than 1% being sold with competition entries (?) - so 22,000ish entries for 12 prizes.  Or a 1 in 1,800 chance of winning with each purchase. 

Better odds than the efestivals competition!

*waits for someone to correct the sums

Minus the amount that haven't actually scanned properly! 

50 minutes ago, Cm36 said:

By the end of this competition we’ll all be best friends with our shopkeeps

Literally the chat I had with them today. Same shop, lad who did it yesterday wasn't there, they had to phone up paypoint, manager said he's going to brief the staff. Made me promise to go to the co-op at Glasto if I win!

22 minutes ago, Levitz said:

Literally the chat I had with them today. Same shop, lad who did it yesterday wasn't there, they had to phone up paypoint, manager said he's going to brief the staff. Made me promise to go to the co-op at Glasto if I win!

Hahaha got the whole gang on your side.

The guy at my McColls is my +1 if I win

• Upvote 1

Hey all. Good to see many of us still keeping the resale dream alive...I salute you all. 

I’m slowing getting my head round not going now. I had previously thought about FMS but I see Glasto as a holiday really. 

Have even found myself reading other threads on here today

Don't give up tinaw, not quite yet anyway. I'm a long term Glasto punter and I've thought long and hard about my ticketless situation this year. I''ve come to the conclusion that if I haven't got a ticket by midday 28th June then that'll be when I give up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cooter said:

Don't give up tinaw, not quite yet anyway. I'm a long term Glasto punter and I've thought long and hard about my ticketless situation this year. I''ve come to the conclusion that if I haven't got a ticket by midday 28th June then that'll be when I give up.

That's the spirit @Cooter ! I was the same in 2016 ( I even contemplated just going into the Campervan Fields for a week, I had a pass via friends) then I won the eFestivals competition in late May!  Whew!! :girldance:

6 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

That's the spirit @Cooter ! I was the same in 2016 ( I even contemplated just going into the Campervan Fields for a week, I had a pass via friends) then I won the eFestivals competition in late May!  Whew!! :girldance:

Yep, got to keep the spirit going at least til the 28th June midday, only then will I accept that maybe my 29 year long Glasto run has finally come to an end. I've also contemplated just doing the cv fields a couple of times in the past but for one reason or another I've always managed to eventually get tickets. Actually, come to think of it, pre2000 I spent a lot of time in the cv/car park fields anyway, that's where the cool parties were!

Edited by Cooter

Now I've given myself a deadline of midday 28th June I feel more hopeful with the time left to secure a ticket. I've entered all comps, got a couple of other options too, far from a 100% defos though. Thought about working it but Glasto work isn't for me, I worked at other fests so I can appreciate what these people do. Having said that I'm more than willing to work prefest and if any contractors/companies need any transport for anything from Kent/London area to onsite in any of my five modern large vans in exchange for a ticket or pass then message me asap.

Never know, someone might be reading this somewhere.

Edited by Cooter

Ok ok, I’ll set myself a deadline that if I’m watching the highlights on the BBC on the Sunday then I know I’m not going ??

I’ve started a countdown counter for October sales though...Resalers should unite again 

10 hours ago, Cooter said:

Cheers, must say though I was far from positive last week, felt like going down the woods for a long long walk!

The depression is coming in waves for me, a Glastonbury induced bi-polar

Another Guardian purchased, I think I'm well know in the newsagnets now as the women behind the counter said her colleague "this is the guy I was telling you about"! Didn't scan today but she entered the code and I actually got a receipt this time saying "Glasonbury tickets prize draw: customer entry successful" 

I met that bloke too a few years back and he said "get a nice short sensible haircut cos you're going grey and that's not cool so you'll have trouble getting tickets for 2019" so I did. What happens? No tickets, he's a liar!

image.png.02e0708aed2d9b5b9f64c7ea4bf4d9b9.png

52 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Another Guardian purchased, I think I'm well know in the newsagnets now as the women behind the counter said her colleague "this is the guy I was telling you about"! Didn't scan today but she entered the code and I actually got a receipt this time saying "Glasonbury tickets prize draw: customer entry successful" 

I’ve had the same thing, the woman who has served me each day now laughs as soon as I walk into the shop. 

My barcode didn’t scan over the weekend at all when I was using my phone but it scanned straight away today after I’d printed it out, made life much easier. 

1 hour ago, Padgey said:

Hmm this worries me now.