Resale Club 2019

McCor

I was doing Ok until this morning!!  Let's try and look on the brightside (!):

- We will be at least £500 better off (although we've probably spent that much buying the Guardian and crates of cider we don't drink)

- We won't have that horrible come down on Monday (although we'll feel like crap all over the weekend)

- We will get some decent sleep over the weekend (although we'll have nightmares about next October)

…. it's not helping is it? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, parsonjack said:

From Monday everyone is back in the same boat.....ticketless and desperate.....when folks tell you how great 2019 was remind them that was yesterday,  and how it's all about 2020 now.

That said, if there's hospitality I can sign up to in August then I'm all over it.

I'll let you know if I hear of any... I've subscribed to Lovefields mailing list! 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, bellboy said:

I was doing Ok until this morning!!  Let's try and look on the brightside (!):

- We will be at least £500 better off (although we've probably spent that much buying the Guardian and crates of cider we don't drink)

- We won't have that horrible come down on Monday (although we'll feel like crap all over the weekend)

- We will get some decent sleep over the weekend (although we'll have nightmares about next October)

…. it's not helping is it? 

Yeah right. Was thinking about starting a thread for this kind of thing but didn’t want to spoil anyone’s fun, and besides I think the key thing here is getting off efest! 

Just feels so wrong. Didn’t get this in the fallow year at all which I thought I would. 

Usually in the build up to glasto I have dreams that I somehow forget it’s on and end up missing all the build up (one of my favourite parts) and show up on the Saturday night which always makes for a sorry affair! So at least one of those didn’t come true!

2 hours ago, prestonmike said:

been at work since 7:30, already had 2 people ask me why i'm not going to Glastonbury this year, should have just booked the time off and gone away for the weekend

Same bud, nobody has mentioned it up until now and decided at the height of my sadness to ask me why I'm not going! 

I can't stop looking here or Instagram, doing my nut. 

One of my mates is absolutely devastated and keeps messaging me about it.

This year was probably the first year that i was annoyed but not completely gutted that i didn't get tickets but it has hit home today. Saw a few people on the train on their way to the festival, whilst i was headed into the office and just fantasying about the fact i'd probably have just finished setting up and would be wandering around the site, with my first can in hand, taking it all in.

I missed my first ever festival after 1998 in 2009 (first child) and I spent the Thursday / Friday on here the whole time and listening to Worthy FM. It absolutely fucking killed me.

Solidarity brothers and sisters. My advice - black the whole thing out. It's the only way to cope. Then next week focus on 2020 :)

• Upvote 1

Taken a day off to try and prepare for the promotion opportunity that led to the decision to not go for resale.....due to interview previously scheduled for Monday.....but is now put back 2 weeks.

It was the right decision at the time, but now it feels like a lost opportunity.....and I'm so far from the right state of mind to do the prep today.

What a ballache.

Prob too late to organise properly for this year but just had a great idea to connect the 'Missing' with the Festival in some small way by asking those who are there to do small things for you....and provide photo evidence of it.

For instance....MrsP and I always go to Tiny Tea Tent late Sunday evening and have chai tea with a rum shot in it.  We sit by the fire, reminisce over the highs and lows of the weekend, tell each other we love each other and that we'll be back next year.  We then go home on Monday smelling of woodsmoke and oddly it's very comforting.  Daft, but it's just a little thing we do.

There must be loads of rituals that we all do that in our absence someone else could do for us, and make us feel a little connected.

If anyone there this year could do the Tiny Tea Tent thing for me I'd be really grateful ?

• Like 1

Advisory note: Beware of scams involving village tickets. I was told by a villager who has access to village tickets [plural] that the names of people who can use them as guests of the villagers had to be submitted by the villagers in January this year. The idea being touted that up to 5 people can use just one by writing their name on a list, this week, is farcical.

Edited by scorp

1 hour ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

I missed my first ever festival after 1998 in 2009 (first child) and I spent the Thursday / Friday on here the whole time and listening to Worthy FM. It absolutely fucking killed me.

Solidarity brothers and sisters. My advice - black the whole thing out. It's the only way to cope. Then next week focus on 2020 :)

Best advice, up until recently it was looking like I'd shit out this year and I'd very much resided to the fact I wasnt going.

And blanking it all out as if it wasnt even happening this year was the only way I could calm my emotions. 

I didnt want to waste the money going away for the weekend, because whatever I did it wont be glasto. 

I was going to use the money to buy a new air rifle and spend the weekend playing with it instead. 

8 minutes ago, bennyboi said:

I was going to use the money to buy a new air rifle and spend the weekend playing with it instead. 

I've recently bought a new bike, got a 40mile ride planned for saturday, that should keep my mind away from Glastonbury, and will probably still be less tired than a day of walking around the site

Honestly didn't think it would hit me like this but it really has! I can't stop looking at this page and messaging people who are on site! 

Go back to original ticket day, I swapped groups for the first time since 2010 and left my family group to go in my mates group, bad idea! I got through for the first time ever and got me and my friends group but my Mum and Brothers didn't ??. My Mum was absolutely devastated, spent all day crying and it took a while for her to get over it and re focus for re-sale! 

In that time, I decided I wasn't going to go without everyone else (all or nothing attitude) and put my ticket back in the pot for someone else.

Re-sale comes round and I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact they won't have any chance on re sale and that I am going to give it a miss this year... Everyone got tickets in the re sale!!! 

Unfortunately for me, I forgot how much I love the festival and lost sight of the whole package from the pre excitement to the shopping, buzz at home and actually going and being with everyone. I must be losing my memory, it's only Facebook that reminds me ??

So here I am, a right grumpy shit at work and absolutely gutted 

I’ve been to 10 Glastonburys and my husband has been to 18 but we didn’t manage to get tickets this year. I had a volunteer position but I had to give it up as I’m too pregnant to volunteer safely. Glastonbury means a lot to me (my husband and I even got engaged there) but it means a lot to a lot of people. If me not getting a ticket this year means some young person has got to go for the first time, and Glastonbury becomes something meaningful to them too, then that’s a good thing. 

Enjoy your alternative weekends everyone.

PS I’m not watching the coverage and trying to convince myself that sleeping in a tent with a 3 year old in this heat would be naff.

29 minutes ago, Blueberry said:

I’ve been to 10 Glastonburys and my husband has been to 18 but we didn’t manage to get tickets this year. I had a volunteer position but I had to give it up as I’m too pregnant to volunteer safely. Glastonbury means a lot to me (my husband and I even got engaged there) but it means a lot to a lot of people. If me not getting a ticket this year means some young person has got to go for the first time, and Glastonbury becomes something meaningful to them too, then that’s a good thing. 

Enjoy your alternative weekends everyone.

PS I’m not watching the coverage and trying to convince myself that sleeping in a tent with a 3 year old in this heat would be naff.

Haven't missed one since i started in 1990. But this time - missed. However, reflecting one of your comments - I'm happy if the ticket I didn't get went to a newbie. In fact, more than happy.  A quick look at 1990; pics-based with audio. I didn't take many pics on my non digital camera, so a few are repeated near the end. Included are some pics of the programme.

Edited by scorp
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is the first year that I have tried and not got tickets for. Sale, re-sale, competitions...nothing. Can't stop looking at the time and thinking 'I should be in the queue/putting up my tent/drinking cider right now'. Anyway, I've decided to call it a half day at work to come home and sulk.

If I don't get tickets next year, I am working it. I'm not sitting around at home like this again. Apparently a friend has a contact where I could do welfare...we'll see.